Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 06-25-2020, 07:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,745 Times in 1,399 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
I agree. Want to know why they do not? Because the cash register drawers are not designed to take more coins. Sure is a poor excuse for wasting government money.
Lol and they’re sure not designed to store half dollars. Up until recently I spent them everywhere. I used to tip with Ike dollars which are huge. But people luv ‘em.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to fistfulladirt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2020, 05:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,417 Times in 8,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistfulladirt View Post
Lol and they’re sure not designed to store half dollars. Up until recently I spent them everywhere. I used to tip with Ike dollars which are huge. But people luv ‘em.
Yes everyone likes to get them because they are seldom seen. Kind of like $2 bills. There are tons of them already printed sitting at all the Federal Reserve banks (I think there are 12.).

Then again some people think they are bad luck.

I use them for tips also.
The Following User Says Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
About the most ignorant video I have seen posted here. I think it has already been said. The US Treasury controls coin circulation. It has cost more or nearly as much to produce a penny as a penny is worth for a long time.

Inflation is coming but not because of the removal of coins. The reason is excessive stimulation money given to do nothing done nothing people for doing nothing. That is inflationary because it means the money given has no value. Not that the amount of money given has no value but the moneys given have no value because they have not been earned.

The Federal Reserve is not the problem here. They are just trying to hold things together and have been since 2008.

It is a fact that shutting down businesses has caused the coin shortage. Coins have not been removed neither by the Federal Reserve nor the US Treasury Dept. Just like people like me have removed wheat penny from circulation, coins possessed but not spent lessens the amount of coins in circulation.

What we have no shortage of left and right is ignorance.

Maybe this has something to do with a currency reset that many smart people out there say is coming up soon.

The Federal Reserve is not the problem here. They are just trying to hold things together and have been since 2008.

I've got news for you they have been the problem since 1913.
The Following User Says Thank You to kato For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2020, 09:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,417 Times in 8,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post
Maybe this has something to do with a currency reset that many smart people out there say is coming up soon.

I've got news for you they have been the problem since 1913.
Too bad you are ignorant about the history of US money and the history of money in general. Study both and not from the internet selling you a bunch of BS. Then start a new thread on the subject. Don't hijack this one.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Too bad you are ignorant about the history of US money and the history of money in general. Study both and not from the internet selling you a bunch of BS. Then start a new thread on the subject. Don't hijack this one.

We are living in a time period where you don't know what's going to happen next and the people here are looking for answers to help them survive and stay a step ahead of the game.

You get on this tread and you call the guy stupid, the tread stupid, me ignorant and it doesn't accomplish anything, so if you don't like the tread then you can go to a different one.
I don't care what you like or what you think so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,745 Times in 1,399 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post
I was also wondering if anyone here has checked the weight and value of 4 copper quarters vs. one dollar.
I didn’t mean to sound like an ass when I first replied here, sorry but I misunderstood.

The metal value of one modern US quarter is approximately 4 cents each.
Total weight, 5.67g
A huge Eisenhower dollar is worth 15 cents in metal.
A paper dollar is worth, well...

www.coinflation.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fistfulladirt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2020, 06:57 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Yes everyone likes to get them because they are seldom seen. Kind of like $2 bills. There are tons of them already printed sitting at all the Federal Reserve banks (I think there are 12.).

Then again some people think they are bad luck.

I use them for tips also.
I always have a dozen or so deuces in my wallet for tips. Good service means a good tip, and since $2 bills are seen so seldom, a waitress will remember from whence they came should she serve you again.
The Following User Says Thank You to bugbor For This Useful Post: