Mtn Wilderness Survival Retreat Experiences with 60 + pics - Page 61 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures of your bug out retreat/permanent wilderness shelter Psyclops DIY - Do It Yourself 6 07-07-2016 06:22 AM
New pics on my remote mtn survival retreat (2013 - Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 119 11-19-2014 07:16 PM
Nice cabin pics where I worked & mtn retreat I Lived Summer 2010 ( Pic Heavy ) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 123 06-17-2014 07:33 PM
A Real Wilderness Retreat Akita Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 08-18-2013 06:00 PM
New Pics of my mtn Survival Retreat Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 413 05-31-2013 01:19 PM
New pics showing more of my BOL / mtn retreat, bunker and Solar setup (pic heavy) Mtnman Mike Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 26 04-08-2013 08:03 PM
Illinois Wilderness Retreat Project! ForrestSpaceModule Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 02-26-2012 08:51 AM
Wilderness camp program experiences? smallbrat Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 01-11-2011 09:26 PM
Long-term survival. Wilderness and rural retreat. Le Loup Australia and New Zealand 0 07-22-2009 09:56 PM

Old 04-16-2020, 09:44 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,407 Times in 565 Posts

Advertise Here

111 inches of snow on April 16th... that's crazy.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2020, 10:00 AM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 27,357 Times in 8,067 Posts
Default CAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no guns here View Post
I know right!

That's 110.9" more white stuff than this swampbilly can handle, apparently even for tested mountain men.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:11 AM
Bear Magnet

Thanked 6,574 Times in 2,273 Posts

This is a normal snow pack for that elevation in the Sierra Madre mountains.
I have seen twice that much up there.

The mountains just east of there are called the "Snowy Range" for a reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 10:22 AM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Default CAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biathlon View Post

Do you live in a "cave" 365 24/7 or are you a fair weather camper?
Old 04-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Bear Magnet

I'm an avid and accomplished back country skier. I've been all over both ranges on snowmobiles too.

Winter is beautiful and FUN!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
He shows quite a few pics of his guns and maybe someone will ID this gun of his? >

Easy:
It's a Serbu RN-50, Single Shot 50 BMG, Break Action

Very unique design compared to other single shot 50's I've seen
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jager627 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 02:41 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 25,554 Times in 5,112 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager627 View Post
Easy:
It's a Serbu RN-50, Single Shot 50 BMG, Break Action

Very unique design compared to other single shot 50's I've seen
Thanks for answering; I was fairly certain someone would answer without my having to go into the firearms section. Watch Ryder could have also answered and he even had anti-tank guns in his book the "Mountain Hold". Not sure if WR will be coming back on the net or in real life to the USA? Hope he and his family are ok on his Prison Island = England.

I looked up the price and saw this link which I could afford if I can find that gun. It is out of stock. At a gun store I once saw an anti-tank gun for $8,000 but the one you told about is $1200 > https://www.impactguns.com/single-sh...er-rn50-rn-50/

Quote:
Originally Posted by no guns here View Post
To many on this planet it would seem crazy but to me it is great and just one more reason my mountain place is Very secure since it is very difficult for most to get to even on a snowmobile. Especially the last mile is deep powder and not a groomed trail on the private road. I have seen many get stuck including an old neighbor I went up with around Feb. 1, 2020 link below to the long pic thread below...

Here is the link again > https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reportG...ue,TOBS::value and right now it is at 115 inches of snowpack. It will all melt fairly fast especially in late May to early July. Only a very few small snowdrifts still in July in the most shaded areas of my mtn retreat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
I know right!

That's 110.9" more white stuff than this swampbilly can handle, apparently even for tested mountain men.
Glad you used the word "apparently" since it is not true. I was up there for four days around Feb. 1, 2020 and snowmobiled, snowshoed and dug for many hours digging out my camper trailer and two pickup trucks.

I am not up there right now simply because I have business to do still. My attorney who is supposed to be getting stuff done with some oil money that I better get soon is taking his time. He told me 3 months ago that I likely would have it all done before June first.

I have to email and maybe even call him again tomorrow to see what is taking so long. They, the attorney, probate land judge etc. can do it all online and not have to be around people. And I also am buying more stuff and actually am glad to be in town sorta to watch on TV the world mostly shutdown and collapsing Finally.

Quote:

I have posted many pics just in this long pic thread about the Snowy Range. I can also see the Snowies from my sunny hillside where I am slowly building a new greenhouse cabin.

Quote:
I'm an avid and accomplished back country skier. I've been all over both ranges on snowmobiles too.

Winter is beautiful and FUN!!
And for any who missed my Snowy Adventure thread or just maybe glanced over the 55 pics and for whatever no good reasons don't like it or IF any have time now to get away from the news, old movies, old reruns, or whatever people are doing now if they are staying inside much and IF any wish to see something different then here is my latest and Maybe last long pic thread Probably have to wait a few minutes until all 55 pics download especially if you have slow internet like I have >> https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=938308

And for any who won't take a few minutes to look at that long mega pic thread here are a few snowy pics >

My A-frame shed that I built the summer of 1990. This shed is 14 feet high and took this pic on Feb. 1, 2020 when I was shoveling the top of my camper free from at least six feet of snowpack that was on the roof. >

One neighbors cabin also that I took this pic a few years ago. I have more snowy pics on my profile page snowy album. But the Snowy Adventure thread has The most snowy pics I have ever posted.

IF I would not have shoveled the six plus feet of snowpack off of my camper trailer roof this likely would have happened. This is a pic taken in July 2011 after an extra deep snowpack took down this cabin which was 2 stories high. It was built about 25 years ago but could not handle the extra heavy snowpack of 2011.

An average snowpack showing a neighbors cabin more than half a mile from my mtn place >

I love the big change of seasons. And many miners had cabins and lived and worked in mines all year round about 120 or so years ago. There are seven ghost towns which were old mining towns within five miles of my mtn place. I know I can live up there all winter and year round. With this big virus crisis and possible food shortages and so much more I am more motivated than ever to live up there permanently beginning around or on June 1, 2020.

Also the deep snowpack keeps many out and not even able to get within one mile of my mountain place from Nov. to June when there is a locked gate on the state highway six miles from my land. I would like to know Where on this planet is more safer and more remote where one can live not too far but plenty far enough from towns, stores and so called civilization?? Where are safer places than the most remote and heavy snowy areas of the Rocky Mountains??

More later as things develop.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 02:54 PM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Default CAW!

Quote:
Thanks for answering....<snip>..........

I know I can live up there all winter and year round. With this big virus crisis and possible food shortages and so much more I am more motivated than ever to live up there permanently beginning around or on June 1, 2020.

Do you know or believe you can?

Have you ever lived on the mountain 365 24/7?
Old 04-16-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Thanks for answering; I was fairly certain someone would answer without my having to go into the firearms section. Watch Ryder could have also answered and he even had anti-tank guns in his book the "Mountain Hold". Not sure if WR will be coming back on the net or in real life to the USA? Hope he and his family are ok on his Prison Island = England.

I looked up the price and saw this link which I could afford if I can find that gun. It is out of stock. At a gun store I once saw an anti-tank gun for $8,000 but the one you told about is $1200 > https://www.impactguns.com/single-sh...er-rn50-rn-50/
No problem brother, always happy to help or answer a question if I can. I've seen it in person a few years back (available in Canada every so often). Didn't impress me too much, there are some better options on the market that are sub $1800. But a .50 is fun to shoot regardless of the design.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jager627 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
Do you know or believe you can?

Have you ever lived on the mountain 365 24/7?
Guess I should at least try to answer this. I believe and I Know that I can. I have been up on my mountain land every month of the year. I was on my mountain place until Nov. 29, 2019 and it was colder and snowier than ever. It even got to five below zero a few times from mid October to the end of Nov. It was a bit warmer the four days I was up there around Feb. 1, 2020.

AND when I was up on my land when it was way below freezing even a few times below Zero I did not have my woodstoves going. I did for a few days when I did sleep inside the underground shelter / bunker. The small woodstove heated it up nicely and I spent a few other days inside the bunker without the woodstove going since it stays around 40 or so degrees inside while the temps outside are even below Zero.

I did tell much more in this long 55 pic thread >> https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=938308 If any wish to know how I did in mid winter such as snowmobiling, snowshoeing and especially the very hard work of shoveling six feet of icy snowpack off the roof of my camper and two vehicles.

But if / When I do finish the roof over the camper trailer I will have two large woodstoves going from early October to June. And the two large woodstoves will melt the snow as it falls so I will not have to shovel snow off the roofs.

How I could go on but I will try to take pics as proof of what I have done this coming summer and even over the next few years. Too bad many ignore or just are not interested. As that 55 pic thread is my least thanked and most ignored pic thread out of eleven pic threads I have created over the past 11 years.

I am at least going to try and especially with the roof over the camper trailer etc. And with at least a two year supply of food And water and much snow to melt And with more than ten cords of firewood etc etc. etc. YES I know I can do this. Seems like most people on the whole freakin net don't have to constantly prove what they do or more likely just dream of doing! Well enough time wasted posting today....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2020, 10:45 AM

Quote:
<snip> And the two large woodstoves will melt the snow as it falls so I will not have to shovel snow off the roofs.
<snip>
Be aware that you will have to deal with some ice build up, had this problem the last 2 years, snow melted but ended up with some ice buildup that I had to deal with. Just so it doesn't catch you off guard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jager627 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 12:13 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

I am not real sure where to post this but here is better than not posting this. I am right now, watching the tv show "Homestead Rescue" I really like it and getting a Few good ideas from it. I have read books and seen some youtube videos but this Homestead Rescue show is even better. I have learned The most by actually Doing though.

I hope many of you have seen it or will watch it. There is a Homestead Rescue marathon on right now and might go into tomorrow even. It is on the Discovery channel.

I have done much of what they show plus a Lot more such as with my underground cabin / shelter - many insist on calling it a bunker. And I would not want the main guy on that Homestead Rescue show on my land since he most likely would want to use one or more of his machines to tear up my land after cutting a lot more trees, even live trees.

I like that Marty guy and he is interesting to say the least. I saw one show where he was cutting a tree and almost got hurt. And some have written that I am no good at cutting down trees. Even though I have cut down hundreds of trees, mainly dead trees on my land and for a few neighbors with cabins.

One out of many "experts" who know and do so much more than I have or so they wish many to think. >

Quote:
I watched your video a few years ago of you using a chainsaw with horror! You definitely do NOT know how to use a chainsaw efficiently.
Here is the video of Marty from "Homestead Rescue" which shows him cutting down a tree. I have cut down similar even worse trees and unwisely had posted a video of it which too many relentlessly criticized and even attacked me. This is just a short two minute video which shows tv Marty almost getting hurt. I never got that bad and I have always easily ran uphill away from a falling tree. But some trees are really difficult.

A quote from that link and the video titled: The Widow Maker "Even an experienced logger like Marty finds himself sweating in the shadow of a widow maker." >

https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/ho...he-widow-maker

Anyway, I hope many will watch the Homestead Rescue show on the Discovery Channel or go to this site and see the pics and it seems one can watch all the tv shows here > https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/homestead-rescue

From that link one could spend a few hours watching the shows, learning and even just looking at the pics.
I won't since I have this cable tv in this motel room plus the internet which is pretty slow. I also will update the end of May and I will post just before I go back up to my land which most likely will be around June 1, 2020. Later take care....
Old 05-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Bear Magnet

https://www.laramieboomerang.com/lar...191339772.html
Looks like WyDOT might have the highway up to your place open soon Mike.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biathlon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 05:45 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
https://www.laramieboomerang.com/lar...191339772.html
Looks like WyDOT might have the highway up to your place open soon Mike.
Thanks for posting that mainly for the great photos they gave of the snowplows which I will show since many might not click the link you gave. These two pics were taken about a week ago and this is showing the Snowy Range road which is across the N. Platte river valley and about 30 miles east of my land. >

And the link you gave with the story and photos was posted in that article on May 16, 2020 which was last Saturday and so looks like the Snowy Range road was open last Monday May 18.

I look at this WYDOT link >>> https://www.wyoroad.info/pls/Browse/...ctedRoute=WY70 which shows road conditions and closures. Looks like no roads are closed and are all dry. This is the highway 70 which goes from Encampment to Baggs, WY. My land is about 12 miles west of Encampment.

So even now or tomorrow or whenever from now until Nov. people can drive on the Snowy Range road and the highway that goes within a mile or so of my land. BUT people still need to know exactly how to get to my land. And even though the highways are plowed and dry which the WYDOT site says they all are open and dry. But people cannot drive down the private road that goes to my land until the private road is plowed.

My private road which I share and is owned by all who own land there, but that private road has many snow drifts on it. There is especially a huge snow drift every year towards the beginning of the private road about 1/4 of a mile from the stop sign by the state highway and the beginning of the private road.

A guy who owns a cabin a couple miles from my mtn place has a bobcat loader which he uses to open up the private road. He sometimes doesn't open the part that goes by my land since he doesn't have to to get to his land. But it greatly helps when he opens the huge snow drift and other parts of the private road.

I really do want to get up to my mtn place real soon. But even if there was No snow up there I must still wait until June first or later. I must since I Still am waiting on my attorney and the oil company to send me more paper work and this Should be the last of the paper work so that I can finally begin receiving the last of my inheritance. Since the price of oil has went way down it won't be as much but they still owe me from the drilling they have done since April of 2019. It is enough to build a small cabin and get a lot more stored food and supplies.

I also should still see a doctor and maybe a dentist one more time and all of this will take possibly until mid June. And by mid June there will still be some snow in the most shaded areas of my land which is ok since there always seems to be some snow still even until early July.

It is nice that Wyoming plows the roads open as soon as they can unlike CO which I read yesterday and saw on Denver tv news that CO / Calirado will not open some passes and will not plow all of the roads open such as near Aspen and quite a few other places until July 1st. Their excuse is because of the coronavirus which many use that excuse except a few states such as Wyoming seem to be doing business as usual / as most years.

A side note is that the deaths in Wyoming from the coronavirus was at 7 deaths for the past month or so but has Spiked up to 12 deaths the past few days. Which is still I do believe MUCH less than any other state.

One more thing about the roads opening is that besides the WYDOT site I am in contact with several neighbors with cabins. Especially one guy who is 75 and he keeps me updated even yesterday he said the state highway is open. He has a cabin over a mile from my land. I keep in contact with him by phone texts when on my land and thru Facebook since December which has been good since he and some neighbors with cabins have posted pics all winter when they have went up there.

I have never really liked Facebook until this past winter since I have been in contact with Many. Facebook seems to be where most are and where it is the easiest best place to keep in contact.

I also joined a couple FB survival groups and I posted a couple dozen of my best pics and a couple hundred people liked them - by hitting the Like button on FB. I also have gotten in contact with at least ten new people and have gotten to know 4 pretty well and they have said they want to visit my mountain place this summer, even probably help me build. Especially a guy and his wife want to spend all summer. They are from Michigan and want to buy land in Wyoming.

One guy I did meet here in Laramie bought some land to the west towards the Snowy Range. He is from an eastern state close to NY. I won't say who he is but he is a Survivalistboards member.

I hope he reads this and sends me a pm soon. I sent him a message a few days ago but no response yet. He said he doesn't have wifi and so he doesn't get online too often. He wants to go up to my land when I do even if it is mid June.

Hope I haven't went on too long but I like to be thorough in my answers.

This coming summer should be I hope, better than most summers on my land. If I do have one to possibly four people help me then I will get more done than ever. I also plan to grow more vegetables than ever but if I am alone then I will not plant as much.

I have posted for years just sharing what I Do and even if most don't like what I post at least what I have built and Do is Real without going into debt!

One more thing is that all winter I check this link which is the snow survey station that is half a mile up hill from my land. It gives the temp and snow depth up there. Looks like the snow depth has been stuck around 70 to 68 inches for a few days but it is slowly melting. The old battle snotel / snow survey station > https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reportG...ue,TOBS::value

I likely won't post anymore unless someone asks me a question or two. I will update around June 5th or whenever I hear from some who are going to come up to my mtn place. IF anyone else wishes to visit my mtn place this summer just send me a message soon. After mid June I will be more off line and Off grid than most.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 10:46 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

I just want to respond a bit more and not wait a week or more. I was planning to make a good post saying good bye but maybe I will later or maybe I won't but it depends on how busy I get and if I want to even post more.

The long post I posted two days ago explains much about why I am still in this city of Laramie, WY and to be real clear is that I must wait another week and maybe even until mid June to Finally I Hope to get all of the paperwork done with a probate attorney and an oil company. Plus I hope to get in to see a doctor for a check up.

I also would like to but I probably better not respond more to some of the very harsh even ridiculing posts and far too many private messages I have received. Mainly I received many messages in December until the end of January.

I won't go on but it doesn't make sense why I got so many harsh and ridiculing responses. I could name names but the posts are still there back on this long thread. It doesn't really matter but it has made it a lot more difficult for me to post what I would like to post.

I am about done posting anywhere on the net. I have met at least twenty new people on Facebook and they were friendly but most have stopped responding which is ok.

There seems to be a new term, new to me anyway, called "ghosting" And here is the definition of ghosting that I learned recently > " Ghosting
When a person cuts off all communication with their friends or the person they're dating, with zero warning or notice before hand. You'll mostly see them avoiding friend's phone calls, social media, and avoiding them in public. "

Again it doesn't really matter but it would be nice to have a bit of an explanation on Why some have unfriended or completely ignore for whatever reason.

On Facebook there are two people who posted and messaged for over a month that they definitely want to come up to my land and help me build and do all kinds of surivival. For the past few weeks though No response and a post I posted was even deleted so looks like they now definitely want nothing more to do with me. Which is ok and their loss not mine. I have been a hermit in the past and I still can be more than ever.

I still have some friends who will help and are still friendly. One guy who is a Survivalistboards member has told me very recently that he will drive me up to my mtn place since he wants to see it and just to see something different.

Anyway, I might post more in a week or more and I might not. I do want to thank the few who have thanked my posts and who have responded respectfully and without bashing, ridiculing or giving constant harsh advice. People can still give advice and maybe I will see some advice that I can use but otherwise just go on and do the best you all can.

I maybe have posted too many pics and shared too much just in this long thread. I would like to know How I have failed as some relentlessly tell me in some past posts that I have failed.

In a few months I can and maybe will post some new pics showing what I have built such as more walls and a roof of a long garage that I must build. Plus much more building and Doing on my mountain place / retreat / maybe I will call it a wilderness like homestead soon.

And thanks again to all who have been friendly in this long thread and elsewhere. Take care and good luck To the well prepared luck is not needed.

I want to leave two good memes which I hope everyone will understand. The first is that I am beginning a Big new chapter in my life. When I go back up at least by mid June I will be moving up there with the full intention of moving up there permanently year round. Too many on and off the net, even some cousins have said it is impossible and that I won't survive etc etc. BUT there were hundreds of people in seven towns, now ghost towns, who worked in mines and who Lived up there year round for ten or more years. And they were not as well equipped with two plus years of stored food and supplies etc. as I have now.

The second meme with the real small cabin with the huge mountains in the background and the words are this long pic thread and my survival Life in a nutshell !

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 01:14 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the opinions of anonymous people on the internet. People post all sorts of things that they never intend to do just to make themselves feel important.

I'm sure the people you have met on facebook are all good people with good intentions, just be careful because you never know what people are really about just from meeting online. (And yes I get that I too am just a random guy posting online )

It seems to me that you are living the dream. I would love to have a few acres up in the mountains of Wyoming or Montana. I live on the wrong side of the country though, and my mountain retreat (if I ever get one) will be in the Appalachians, most likely western NC, VA, or eastern Tennessee. The ruggedness and openness of the West does call to me, but all my family and connections are here in the East, so that's probably where I will settle.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMOD For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2020, 01:59 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMOD View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about the opinions of anonymous people on the internet. People post all sorts of things that they never intend to do just to make themselves feel important.

I'm sure the people you have met on facebook are all good people with good intentions, just be careful because you never know what people are really about just from meeting online. (And yes I get that I too am just a random guy posting online )

It seems to me that you are living the dream. I would love to have a few acres up in the mountains of Wyoming or Montana. I live on the wrong side of the country though, and my mountain retreat (if I ever get one) will be in the Appalachians, most likely western NC, VA, or eastern Tennessee. The ruggedness and openness of the West does call to me, but all my family and connections are here in the East, so that's probably where I will settle.
Thanks and people should stay where they are or close to what they know. Before I bought my land I traveled all over even to NC and those eastern places just to see what it is like. It is nice and mostly beautiful but far too crowded and very different landscape than what I am used to.

I was born and raised in northern CO - I have to call it Calirado from now on. I was on the high plains with the mighty Rocky Mountains - the Front Range in the distance.
I also traveled all over the western USA but still not right for me and I as an only child, I had to take care of my elderly parents. At least for 24 summers I did what I needed and wanted to do.
And now Finally I escaped Calirado and I have been Living in Wyoming, even in a town for two winters now but still in Wonderful Wyoming.

I am on Facebook mainly to keep in contact with some cousins and some others but not much longer. It is easy to meet people and just the past couple months I have met at least a dozen women online in a good singles off grid survival singles group. Nothing may come of it but four women have told me they will come see me probably this summer and will see.

Facebook is not nearly as anonymous as most places on the net such as this forum where some will not even tell what state or country they are in. Which is ok but difficult to get to know them and as faceless, nameless, gutless posters they can and too often do post nasty and offensely. Also ok if that is what they want although makes them look foolish.

I am not faceless or nameless and likely I have told far too much but there are many things I never will tell. I also have very rarely told about any guns and such that I might own.

I did post 22 of my best pics on a couple Facebook survival off grid groups and I have gotten around 100 likes.

A guy on one of the FB groups that I also posted in but he posted this > "I am homeless by choice and Alaska here I come. I am going to live off the land."

What has greatly disappointed me is not the nasty trolls so much but the couple people who were my friend and even the one who is a lot older than I am and who did come up to my land and he met Watch Ryder also but that guy unfriended me and worse I guess mainly since I did not and would not take his advice. I actually could not take his advice since I have my own long thought out plans but anyway far too many are fickle or whatever and I just don't understand what I have done to upset any and to have far too many actually seem to hate what I post, do and whatever.

I will be Extremely glad to be back up on my land even though it is very hard physically but I have gotten too soft here in a motel. I also feel and am much stronger when I am up there. And I just do what I need and want to do up there with no one telling me I cannot and must not do this or that. And there is No where more safer, more beautiful and best for me anyway.

I will be more "socially distant" than about anyone on this planet although I will talk to neighbors and a few If they stop by.

I like these memes even if few others do not >

Very similar to my mountain place and life philosophy >

Old 05-25-2020, 10:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,849 Times in 1,931 Posts

I enjoy your posts about your plans. Frankly I don't understand why people would expect you to live your life their way. If I were younger I might drop in but I am having trouble keeping up where I am. I don't like long drives anymore my cousin in OK keeps trying to get me to come for visit. He used to go to Cheyenne for Frontier Days. The only time I went to see him I flew and that convinced me that I would never fly again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 09:50 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 154,477 Times in 44,891 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
That guy got 190 likes and a couple genius' told him > "you are living the Dream."
They probably just made alternate accounts they think nobody knows about to pat themselves on the back and click the like button to boost their reputation. Sometimes glory hogs do that. Don't let it bother you.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:33 AM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thumbs down CAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
They probably just made alternate accounts they think nobody knows about to pat themselves on the back and click the like button to boost their reputation. Sometimes glory hogs do that. Don't let it bother you.
Gotta wonder who edited/deleted the verbiage of the post you quoted and opined on!
The Following User Says Thank You to n1d For This Useful Post: