Worst self defense advice you've ever heard? - Page 7 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 03-24-2020, 01:41 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,377 Times in 2,824 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
But yet we cannot lie to you huh!
PEOPLE DID it continuously every day and just about everything we investigated.

They lied about things stolen and they lied about value and they lied about whether they know anything about the crime because they are padding it all for the insurance claim.

Every suspect you talk to lies even when telling you the truth wouldn't be that bad because what you are really investigating will probably change into a civil matter when the truth is known.

I have had victims lie right to my face up to the point I can prove they are lying, and yet they STILL keep lying because they are all in on it.

I was investigating a gang banger homicide. 2 rival gang cars pull up next to each other start exchanging insults. One guy is going to get out and show who is boss.. is half way out of the car when the bullet enters his forehead. He dead long before he hits the ground. The one side doesn't know who shot but they knew the driver of the car. Put out the information, He is known and it takes about 5 minutes to find the driver and take him to holding.

I get my crime scene cleaned up. Go in and get with my suspect. He is one of the younger ones.So, 19, about 5'7 and 145lbs. He doesn't lawyer up, he just says "I anit say'n nuthing."
I told him I respected him for that. I understand that he is a stand up guy sticking up for his brothers. I also compliment him for being a "man" and then I ask him if he knows the difference between being the shooter and being an accomplice before and after the fact? He looks all quizzical and says, "Man I don't know nuth'n about difference about that."
I said.
"You're right.. there is no difference." Then I explained to him that in the eyes of the law he is just as guilty as the guy who pulled the trigger.
I then told him I was going to give him some good advice. "Look, I know you aren't gonna talk and help yourself, and I respect that, so.. when you get into Jackson(the big Mich prison) you will go out into general population . Now sometime really soon after that there is gonna be some big, like 6'5" or so black guy who is gonna come up to you, put his arm around your shoulders and say "Yous is mine." You smile up at him and say thank you, because he is the one who is going to keep you from being passed around like a sex doll for the next 15-20 years. "
then
I asked him if he needed anything, something to drink and then I left the room while he sat there in deep thought.

I sat outside, kept watch and did my paperwork while I waited for the suits to arrive.
They got there and asked if he said anything. I told them not to me but I gave him something to think about and he might.

They take him into an interview room with the cameras setup etc. Give him his rights.

40 minutes later one of the D's comes out and says "We can't get him to shut up. He has cleared up 3 other homicides and a home invasion out in the county. What did you say to him and is it gonna come back and bite us in court?" I gave him a quick synopsis and tossed him the tape I ran during my time with him(I always had tape). He just laughed and went back in.

DID I lie to the guy? well probably not but I definitely painted a nasty picture.
because
someone like him would be a toy behind the big bars.

Unlike the feds, it is not against the law to lie to the regular old police...
or
am I lying about it to trap you....
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2020, 12:45 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
Police are above the law and can do as they please. We, as citizens, are beneath it. Now, do your duty as a good conservative and lick their boots.
Does your statement reflect an actual experience you have had, or is it just "they say" and "been told" and "I've heard" and "everybody knows" etc.?

Because one of my former fellow officers would dispute your statement. Arrested for domestic violence; prosecuted. Internal affairs investigation; fired.

And this happened in his jurisdiction. When the call came out and the PD supervisor realized that a co-worker was involved, he asked the Sheriff's Office to take it so there would be no appearance of favoritism. Total transparency.

If it's not that way where you live, sorry for you. But when making accusations of misconduct, I believe you should accuse the individual officer and not the group. Shoot a rifle and not a shotgun.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1611 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 11:40 AM
Survivor

Thanked 9,008 Times in 4,275 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
Police are above the law and can do as they please. We, as citizens, are beneath it. Now, do your duty as a good conservative and lick their boots.
An interrogation is no longer good cop bad cop, not that it ever was...It's far more sophisticated than that.

Just because police are held to a higher standard of conduct doesn't mean they are above the law. They are not!

Law enforcement gets their fair share of bad apples too and because they are held to a higher standard, the damage these bad apples do to their reputation is amplified.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:22 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
An interrogation is no longer good cop bad cop, not that it ever was...It's far more sophisticated than that.

Just because police are held to a higher standard of conduct doesn't mean they are above the law. They are not!

Law enforcement gets their fair share of bad apples too and because they are held to a higher standard, the damage these bad apples do to their reputation is amplified.
ANOTHER REAL problem is that in the name of AA and PC and "inclusion" and "diversity" and every other liberal buzzword you want to use the hiring standards that folks like me had to go through are now almost nothing.
When you want people of color and you do not get qualified applicants, you either raise the pay to attract folks who CAN pass the tests or you lower the standards and get people who NEVER would have been cops under the tougher standards.

When I applied to the city it took almost 8 months to hear I had passed the necessary background checks and poly to get in.

several years later the city was in such a rush to hire color they OK'd a guy before they even sent his prints to the FBI. Sent him to the academy, he gets out put him on the street, where rumor is he is doing minor store shakedowns.
They finally submit his prints and the FBI kicks back saying they belong to someone under a different name who was also convicted of rape in South Carolina. "But he is just the same as others hires..." The city invests a lot of $$$ into training someone to street level and the marginal folks who never would be cops otherwise lasted an average of 3 years before quitting or being forced out.

If you hire quality you get quality.
It is the same in business around the world.
IF you hire folks who should never be cops don't be surprised when they turn out not to be.
Old 03-25-2020, 04:33 PM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 27,333 Times in 8,065 Posts
Default CAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post

Unlike the feds, it is not against the law to lie to the regular old police...
or
am I lying about it to trap you....
kool stury bra
Old 03-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
kool stury bra
WHEN I was in drug land I was lead on a case involving a Mexican drug gang and some of the white middle class dealers they had in their distribution chain.
SO
we bag a white middle weight weed slinger as he lived in his middle class suburban home with his wife and 2 kids and his dog. He has a good job working for GM but he is supplementing his life style with pushing about 5 figures of weed a year.
Not exactly your hard core banger dude.
SO
I have a long heart to heart talk about life ending as he knows it and I give him a light at the end of the tunnel. All he has to do is flip on his supplier and life will probably go on as usual. If he agrees, he does not go to jail that day and he can figure out how he is going to make an introduction to his supplier so we can move a UC into the chain
BUT
he is scared. He says the Mexs he is tied into kill people.
I tell him that we will be around to keep him safe once it gets rolling until it is over with.
He keeps repeating he doesn't want to cross the Mexicans.
SO
I tell him about life in prison and advise him that I did not think he would flourish and do well in that environment. That, actually it would be fairly harsh in terms of his experience. Tell him there is a reason for all those dropped soap on the shower jokes. Give him some really good reasons to choose going with our side vs protecting his supplier.
SO
We get done with the SW and get all the related goodies, tell him to get in touch within the week to start things rolling or otherwise we will just assume he does not want to cooperate and someone will be by to arrest him and take him to jail in about 10 days or so.
THis is like a Monday or Tuesday...

SO...

I return to work on Monday after a weekend off and I find the guy's file on my desk with a note to see the boss. I go to his office and he asks me what did I say to the guy? I tell him the usual. Have it all on tape.
then
he tells me that on Saturday afternoon the guy put a shotgun in his mouth and pulled the trigger. I asked if they were sure it was suicide. He said the local PD was outside the house with the wife who had called when they heard the shot. She said he was frantic about going to prison and he couldn't face it and he wouldn't turn against his supplier out of fear of what they would do to him and the family. She TRIED to blame ME for his suicide because I scared him so badly...

After that they didn't let me do one on one interrogations any more, .. as the boss put it... "just because.... ."
Old 03-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,008 Times in 4,275 Posts

Career wise...I've met my fair share of those who shouldn't have been where they were but they were. Seen some meteoric rises and catastrophic tumbles too. Up in fame down in flame...LOL