Worst self defense advice you've ever heard? - Page 6 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 03-22-2020, 12:28 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,054 Times in 4,294 Posts

Advertise Here

It's still bad advice....reality thinking...LOL
Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,353 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes762 View Post
Worst advice Iíve heard:
When questioned by the law, just be open and honest. Explain everything you know and it will be ok.

Best advice:

Shut your pie hole. Call your lawyer and say nothing. Nothing. Avoid expression of any kind. Be a vegetable, get cuffed and taken to the cell. Aside from the possible beat down, it's not that bad. No matter how much the cop tells you that cooperation is good and they are there to help you, STFU. Remeber, they can lie to you all they want, you slip up and you are going down. They are not there to be your friend and help you in any way.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hound Dog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 01:29 PM
Padre in the woods

Thanked 1,207 Times in 431 Posts

Worst advice: Tell everyone that you're armed to the teeth, and you have (list it off), and you're ready for trouble.
The Following User Says Thank You to FoxtrotVictor1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,160 Times in 7,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post
ďCaliber is 742Ē

Reminds of the guy who told me his shotgun was an 87 gauge.

I said buddy itís either an Ithaca Model 87 or a Remington 870 possibly but there is no such thing as an 87 gauge shotgun. He insisted that his was an 87 gauge. He finally went home and checked. Turned out it was a Maverick 88 12 gauge.
87, 88.....whatever works.

BTW, to the headshot vs CM people. If all you can see is the head, then the nose is pretty much center mass. Quit being hung up over semantics, and shoot it.

Maybe we should come up with a reverse Mozambique drill as the perfect self defense technique. One to the head, and two to the body as fast as possible, then asses over the sights if heís still standing/moving, using that millisecond or so to aim at the head again, and repeat as required to eliminate the threat.

And yes...thatís a joke.
Unless itís cool, then I was serious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 34,114 Times in 11,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound Dog View Post
Best advice:

Call your lawyer and say nothing. Nothing ... No matter how much the cop tells you that cooperation is good and they are there to help you, STFU.

Remeber, they can lie to you all they want
My wife and I are watching Blue Bloods. In almost every episode, the detective lies to try to get the accused to confess or give up some incriminating evidence. 100% agree. STFU when being "questioned."

Overcome the pathetic attempt to guilt you with the phrase 'not cooperating.' I once had a long conversation with a lawyer where I vehemently denied the categorization of me 'not cooperating.' I couched my position as FULLY cooperating while acting 100% within my rights - including my right to remain silent.

The lawyer, so used to and conditioned to this psychological attempt to manipulate, finally conceded my resolved NERVES OF STEEL and solid as a rock position. He was reluctant to admit it but acknowledged the term 'cooperating' is a buzz word that means in practice to 'waive your right to remain silent.'

Don't do it. Don't fall for it. They aim to get you at STEP 1. Don't yield the 1st step. This pathetic psychological tactic of trying to make you feel guilty is precisely the origin of the GOOD COP/BAD COP dynamic.

In the moment of truth, tell yourself
FULLY cooperate while acting 100% within my rights - especially my right to remain silent.
FULLY cooperate while acting 100% within my rights - especially my right to remain silent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 05:47 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Maybe we should come up with a reverse Mozambique drill as the perfect self defense technique.
Reverse Mozambique. Remember, you heard it here first.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1611 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 06:02 PM
Father of 11 husband of 1

Thanked 13,645 Times in 5,668 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611 View Post
Reverse Mozambique. Remember, you heard it here first.
Worked out for the last church shooting in Texas.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge912 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2020, 11:10 PM
Hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge912 View Post
Worked out for the last church shooting in Texas.
Yep, a headshot made under pressure by a 71-year-old former reserve deputy.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:03 AM
Hiker

And not only did he make a headshot under pressure, he shot from a......wait for it.......a Weaver Stance : https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/texas-...leaves-2-dead/

According to some IDPA and IPSC experts, he's not supposed to be able to do that! Apparently, he didn't get the memo.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611 View Post
And not only did he make a headshot under pressure he shot from a Weaver Stance [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG] : https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/texas-...leaves-2-dead/

Oh, say it ain't so, Modern Isocoles fans, say it ain't so! [IMG

class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Yea im a mod weaver guy
Old 03-23-2020, 12:50 AM

Quote:
You donít need a gun, karate will take care of anything, the Tueller drill proves it.
Its doubtful that most liberals will ever take up martial arts, at least the ones who are against guns.
Old 03-23-2020, 01:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,645 Times in 2,511 Posts

Don't talk to cops by law professor and homicide cop lectures.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmas For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 12:23 PM
Survivor

Quote:
87, 88.....whatever works.

BTW, to the headshot vs CM people. If all you can see is the head, then the nose is pretty much center mass. Quit being hung up over semantics, and shoot it.

Maybe we should come up with a reverse Mozambique drill as the perfect self defense technique. One to the head, and two to the body as fast as possible, then asses over the sights if he’s still standing/moving, using that millisecond or so to aim at the head again, and repeat as required to eliminate the threat.

And yes...that’s a joke.
Unless it’s cool, then I was serious.
Yep that's the way CM works. The center of what you see...

After it's done and IF one survives the encounter they'll get a chance to explain their actions. Were the actions taken in the heat of the moment the actions of a reasonable man? done in self defense or were they that of an executioner?

Anecdotal stories are great fodder for discussion, not so much when it comes to explaining your actions to people who have the power to lock you up for the rest of your life. And yes you shoot someone in the head you will get the chance to explain why you thought it was reasonable. Better hope your explanation is a good one.

FWIW The last two paragraphs were not directed at you
Old 03-23-2020, 12:30 PM
What hell, pay attention

Thanked 12,252 Times in 4,938 Posts

If youre shooting them at all, you must have a valid reason, eh?

Then again, if you shoot them in the leg you are told you didnt have a good enough reason.

Now, it appears shooting them in the head is too much of one?
Old 03-23-2020, 01:12 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK103K View Post
If youre shooting them at all, you must have a valid reason, eh?

Then again, if you shoot them in the leg you are told you didnt have a good enough reason.

Now, it appears shooting them in the head is too much of one?
Semantics...lol

Reason this, did they shoot them in the leg because they didn't want to risk killing the person, they just wanted to wing them a little to get their point across. Which is obviously not a good idea...

OR were they in a fight for their life and the only visible CM of the attacker was a leg, a foot a hand a head etc. There is a difference between purposefully doing it and not having a choice in the matter.

All I said was you'll get a chance to explain why you did what you did (head shot)...Better hope it's a good explanation too, cause if it isn't the prosecutor will have your lunch.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 03:20 PM
Deplorable

Thanked 6,717 Times in 1,518 Posts

Head shots are fine.

They ruin less of the meat
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zuriss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 05:18 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,655 Times in 2,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
My wife and I are watching Blue Bloods. In almost every episode, the detective lies to try to get the accused to confess or give up some incriminating evidence. 100% agree. STFU when being "questioned." .
THE PREVARICATION... the fib, the lie is all part of police technique that has been around since the dark ages.

Street cops do it all the time when checking suspects and suspicious conditions. I have no idea how many suspect cars I stopped for one investigation but told them the reason was for something else totally unrelated.
example-
car described as fleeing a B&E scene. I see the car, pull it over, occupants are nervous.. BUT, I tell them I stopped them because their car fit the description of a car involved in a shooting. They KNOW they didn't shoot anyone, so they settle in and mellow out and do not do something stupid.
While the officers at the scene are getting information I have the BGs calmly sitting there. Then witnesses show up with cops and say "Yep those are the guys." and they are bagged and tagged with no excitement.

It is nothing to do an interrogation and tell one person that the other person is confessing and placing all the blame for the crime on them to see the response. Sometimes it is like bluffing in poker. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The courts forever have said it is OK for cops to be creative. If it wasn't for things like that we probably wouldn't solve half of the crimes we investigate. Not every crime has a video camera running, or credible eyewitnesses or perfect forensic evidence.
Sometimes you have to get creative.

One of the cops I know was investigating an B&E of an old guys apartment. He had just received his shipment of frozen food from some charity group and he thought his neighbor was responsible. The cop is talking to the suspect and after a while asks if he could have a glass of water. Suspect is getting the water, and the cop asks "do you have any ice?" BG opens his freezer and all this distinctly packaged food is visible in the freezer in plain view.

the cop lie has been through the courts as an acceptable police practice for 100 years.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:36 PM
ǝnƃoɹ ǝuoƃ

Thanked 27,580 Times in 8,128 Posts
Default CAW!

But yet we cannot lie to you huh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
THE PREVARICATION... the fib, the lie is all part of police technique that has been around since the dark ages.

Street cops do it all the time when checking suspects and suspicious conditions. I have no idea how many suspect cars I stopped for one investigation but told them the reason was for something else totally unrelated.
example-
car described as fleeing a B&E scene. I see the car, pull it over, occupants are nervous.. BUT, I tell them I stopped them because their car fit the description of a car involved in a shooting. They KNOW they didn't shoot anyone, so they settle in and mellow out and do not do something stupid.
While the officers at the scene are getting information I have the BGs calmly sitting there. Then witnesses show up with cops and say "Yep those are the guys." and they are bagged and tagged with no excitement.

It is nothing to do an interrogation and tell one person that the other person is confessing and placing all the blame for the crime on them to see the response. Sometimes it is like bluffing in poker. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The courts forever have said it is OK for cops to be creative. If it wasn't for things like that we probably wouldn't solve half of the crimes we investigate. Not every crime has a video camera running, or credible eyewitnesses or perfect forensic evidence.
Sometimes you have to get creative.

One of the cops I know was investigating an B&E of an old guys apartment. He had just received his shipment of frozen food from some charity group and he thought his neighbor was responsible. The cop is talking to the suspect and after a while asks if he could have a glass of water. Suspect is getting the water, and the cop asks "do you have any ice?" BG opens his freezer and all this distinctly packaged food is visible in the freezer in plain view.

the cop lie has been through the courts as an acceptable police practice for 100 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n1d For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 05:39 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,935 Times in 10,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Andy1966 View Post
I'd have to say if .22 LR is all you can afford or handle, its still a mark above strong language and a stern look. Just saying
The line between what is adequate and what is not adequate is not drawn directly between .22LR and stern look. Neither are adequate pieces of self defense advice, even if one happens to be better than the other.
Old 03-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,935 Times in 10,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
But yet we cannot lie to you huh!
Police are above the law and can do as they please. We, as citizens, are beneath it. Now, do your duty as a good conservative and lick their boots.