Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yahweh, yahshua, yeshua ? spectre68 Religious Discussion 625 07-18-2013 10:22 AM
Human Gestation Period Linked To The Feasts Of Yahweh? temu Religious Discussion 31 11-15-2011 11:29 AM
Vatican Says "Yahweh" Not to be Pronounced ('08) Homemaker07 Religious Discussion 232 06-28-2011 11:54 PM
Day of Yahweh newnature Religious Discussion 0 05-16-2011 12:45 AM
Fear of Yahweh believer0119 Religious Discussion 9 04-24-2011 07:00 AM

Old 10-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,649 Times in 656 Posts
Default Yahweh

Advertise Here

Does anyone believe the name of God is important? I have been studying and finding out .. I think Yahweh thinks his name is important, lots of deceiving of everyone today...
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bamadeb For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 09:47 PM
J the painter

Thanked 10,818 Times in 4,885 Posts

how did you come up with that Name, how do you know that is His Name
Old 10-16-2010, 10:01 PM
6 Boys and 13 Hands

Thanked 26,389 Times in 6,687 Posts

In the original Hebrew there were no consonants that were written as they were implied. The original name for god in the Torah is YHWH. Which is Yahweh. From what I understand it wasn't even to be spoken out of reverence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creek Walker For This Useful Post:

Old 10-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,082 Times in 2,145 Posts

GOD and Jesus have many names, and He knows our hearts. He knows I am not insulting.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neovenus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,534 Times in 635 Posts

Jesus said in Matthew 6:9 "Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name."

Jehovah told Ezekiel in Ezekiel 36:23 "I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes."

I know several Bibles that I have read include an explanation for the use of "LORD" or "GOD" in caps. What they state is that they are substituting "LORD" or "GOD" for YHWH ("Yahweh" or "Jehovah") and are making a distinction between the supreme personage that is God from a lessor being that may be a lord or god in the context of that scripture.

Here is the explanation from the World English Bible:

"The WEB, like the ASV of 1901, breaks the KJV tradition by printing God’s proper Name in the Old Testament with a spelling closest to what we think it was pronounced like, instead of rendering that Name as “LORD” or “GOD” (with all caps or small caps). The current scholarly consensus has shifted from spelling this Name as “Jehovah” to spelling it as “Yahweh.” There are a couple of other English translations that use “Yahweh,” so this is not new, per se, but it does set it off a little from other translations. "

http://ebible.org/bible/web/

Now here is how Ezekiel 36:23 reads from the American Standard Version 1901: "And I will sanctify my great name, which hath been profaned among the nations, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the nations shall know that I am Jehovah, saith the Lord Jehovah, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes."

http://bible.cc/ezekiel/36-23.htm

Last edited by adobewalls; 10-16-2010 at 10:54 PM.. Reason: correct scripture citation; and add ASV quote for comparative purposes
The Following User Says Thank You to adobewalls For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,319 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovenus View Post
GOD and Jesus have many names, and He knows our hearts. He knows I am not insulting.
yes and what does he say about our hearts ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyking For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 01:53 AM
Christian

Thanked 50,605 Times in 21,631 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

YHWH in the OT is translated from the Hebrew meaning “Lord” or “Jehovah”, the Jewish national name for Lord. In the NT it is translated from the Greek as Kyros. This is considered a title.

Elohim in the OT is translated from the Hebrew meaning “God” or “The Supreme God” The one and only. In the NT it is translated from the Greek as Theos and this would be the proper name to use when addressing the almighty.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 AM
The King's Daughter

Thanked 1,825 Times in 660 Posts

I believe His name is VERY important! Too bad we don't really know what it is!

So many verses show His name (in the Hebrew, not the English), they tell us to call upon His name, the Aaronic blessing is placing His name upon us. I believe it really matters, its a part of our relationship with Him, and in being in relationship with Him it matters that we care enough to know what His name is.

Yes, I believe He is patient with us for not knowing His name as its been lost in history, and I believe we will again know what it is.

Pronunciation is important. As a person who has a name IRL that is constantly misspelled and even mispronounced at times, I am sensitive to getting other people's names correct. And especially want to have my Salvation's name correct.

His name is not God or Lord. I've used Yahweh because most people know what that is, but I've never been totally comfortable with that so I've stopped. At my congregation His name is pronounced Ye ho vah (no 'j' in Hebrew), but even that I'm not 100% convinced is true yet. So I'm feeling kind of stuck right now.

Agreed, it is Yeshua, not Yahshua. I don't even like to use the name Jesus unless I'm talking to people that are really only familiar with that name, and not His Hebrew name. Since I know His name is Yehoshua/Yeshua, I find it disrespectful to call Him anything else but that. Calling Him Jesus is like calling Him Bob, just does not work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bat Melech For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 06:45 AM
J the painter

The Name God is of most importance, but when the Temple was destroyed the rabbi's stopped writing it in any manuscript, an forbid its use period, it didnt take long to forget it, the 4 letter Name has not beeen written down in 2000 years, no one knows what it is, the reason is out of fear, back in the day when someone would pronouce the Name, God appeared things happen, like it says Abraham invoked God by Name, Abraham called out in the unspeakable Name, another thing these are only Titles for God that speak of attributes. If the Name of God is so important than why does the KJV an many others neglect so badly these references to God an fails to use caps in all cases where He is called He or His or Him etc? an another thing i keep seeing everywhere on these boards is this YHWH, the Christian translaters think the letter Vav meaning W, not even sometimes, there is no Jewish source that says that its always YHVH
Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Hunter

Yahweh talked about many false "gods" ,did you know that the "god" Baal he talked about ,look it up in the dictionary, it means "lord"... you know that Yahshua said that Satan would deceive even the elite ... makes you think.... I was raised baptist,and I am finding that everything I was taught is wrong... the world is full of man made religions.. time to come out of her and find out for yourself...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamadeb For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 07:30 AM
J the painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadeb View Post
Yahweh talked about many false "gods" ,did you know that the "god" Baal he talked about ,look it up in the dictionary, it means "lord"... you know that Yahshua said that Satan would deceive even the elite ... makes you think.... I was raised baptist,and I am finding that everything I was taught is wrong... the world is full of man made religions.. time to come out of her and find out for yourself...
indeed your right but notice how it says IF it were possible to decieve the elect i think is what He said, the big IF
Old 10-17-2010, 08:03 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standox View Post
indeed your right but notice how it says IF it were possible to decieve the elect i think is what He said, the big IF
true,thanks
Old 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM
6 Boys and 13 Hands

Thanked 26,389 Times in 6,687 Posts

Jesus and the disciples simply referred to God as Father and I think that is all we need to know.

As children and as adults we do not refer to our parents as Mr or Mrs Smith but as mom and dad and as well with our grandparents, pawpaw, memaw and so on.

By referring to our parents this way invokes an intimacy that you do not get with Mr or Mrs. I believe this is true of God also.

Ro 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, ABBA, Father.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creek Walker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,043 Times in 3,027 Posts

The most intimate name would be to say Father.....that is who he is. However there is not a name to give him and there will never be a name given to him that will ever be good enough because he is unnamable. He calls himself I AM. He is the all, everything, the inner, the outer, the above, the below. He is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believer0119 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,059 Posts

http://www.yahuwshua.org/en/thenamepage.htm

But ye are they that forsake the LORD that forget my holy mountain that prepare a table for that troop __ and that furnish the drink offering unto that number

http://biblos.com/isaiah/65-11.htm

The Hebrew for LORD isn't "Lord" at all but YHWH.

The Hebrew for "that troop" refers to the sub-deity, "Gad", pronounced "Gawd."

The Hebrew for "Destiny" (No clue why it gets translated "that number") is "mni"- "Menee".

So YHWH says if you set a table for Gawd and pour a drink for "Menee" you aren't His.

Messiah said that many will comer to Him saying "Ba'al Ba'al (Lord Lord), didn't we...?" and He'll say "I never knew you."

Bless up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to natty threads For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 12:44 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer0119 View Post
The most intimate name would be to say Father.....that is who he is. However there is not a name to give Him and there will never be a name given to Him that will ever be good enough because He is unnamable. He calls himself I AM. He is the all, everything, the inner, the outer, the above, the below. He is.
That's funny, because Jeremiah quotes Him as saying that we must learn to swear in His Name, "As YHWH lives".

It is a Salvational issue.

Jeremiah 12:16 And it shall come to pass if they will diligently learn the ways of my people to swear by my name as YHWH lives as they taught my people to swear by Ba'al then shall they be built in the midst of my people.

"The Unnameable" is, I believe, a pagan concept.
Not sure.

Bless up.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Walker View Post
In the original Hebrew there were no consonants that were written as they were implied. The original name for god in the Torah is YHWH. Which is Yahweh. From what I understand it wasn't even to be spoken out of reverence.
One place that we are COMMANDED to say His Name is Jeremiah 12:16.

Bless up.
The Following User Says Thank You to natty threads For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,043 Times in 3,027 Posts

No...not pagan at all Natty threads.....maybe more capable of grasping the concept of the enormity of the meaning of I AM. U honestly believe that by me saying he is unnameable that I am pagan. *U do not believe he is the All? When he spoke to Moses he says I AM THAT I AM. *U can not name the everything. He is the I AM. *Whether or not anyone listened to Moses that can be seen below. Matthew and John chapter 6. *Matthew in regards to swearing and John for the name and acknowledgement.

Matthew chapter 5*

*33"Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not break your oath, but keep the oaths you have made to the Lord.' 34But I tell you, Do not swear at all: either by heaven, for it is God's throne; 35or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. 36And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. 37Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one.

John chapter 5

*19Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show him even greater things than these. 21For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. 22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

*24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. 25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

*28"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. 30By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Testimonies About Jesus

*31"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. 32There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is valid.
*33"You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. 35John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.

*36"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me. 37And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39You diligently study[c] the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

*41"I do not accept praise from men, 42but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God[d]?

*45"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?"
Old 10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,419 Times in 3,263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamadeb View Post
Does anyone believe the name of God is important? I have been studying and finding out .. I think Yahweh thinks his name is important, lots of deceiving of everyone today...
The first time God was asked His name by a man[Moses]

God replied "I AM'' is Yahweh Hebrew for that?

I think If some one Prays to one of the Many titles God has described
Himself with its fine.

Pray to the God of Abrahan, Pray to the living God Of Israel,, Jesus said to use the term ''Father''.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
J the painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty threads View Post
http://www.yahuwshua.org/en/thenamepage.htm

But ye are they that forsake the LORD that forget my holy mountain that prepare a table for that troop __ and that furnish the drink offering unto that number

The Hebrew for LORD isn't "Lord" at all but YHWH.

The Hebrew for "that troop" refers to the sub-deity, "Gad", pronounced "Gawd."

The Hebrew for "Destiny" (No clue why it gets translated "that number") is "mni"- "Menee".

So YHWH says if you set a table for Gawd and pour a drink for "Menee" you aren't His.

Messiah said that many will comer to Him saying "Ba'al Ba'al (Lord Lord), didn't we...?" and He'll say "I never knew you."

Bless up.
I like this site i use it regularly, there Hebrew usually is right on, but this one is not they absolutely made this up

Isaiah 65:11 Hebrew Study Bible (Apostolic / Interlinear)

וְאַתֶּם֙ עֹזְבֵ֣י יְהוָ֔ה הַשְּׁכֵחִ֖ים אֶת־ הַ֣ר קָדְשִׁ֑י הַֽעֹרְכִ֤ים לַגַּד֙ שֻׁלְחָ֔ן וְהַֽמְמַלְאִ֖ים לַמְנִ֥י

in bold is the Name of God an they obviousely added to it

Last edited by Standox; 10-17-2010 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: add link