Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eight bight button knot asemery DIY - Do It Yourself 3 07-28-2018 09:07 AM
Magpul QD Push Button AR-15 Sling Swivel Loop 1-1/4" (MAG540-BLK) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 05-03-2017 03:09 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 9mm Pistol FDE (11537) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-25-2017 12:14 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P40 2.0 40S&W Pistol (11522) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-24-2017 03:11 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P9 2.0 9mm Pistol (11521) Cope's Distribuitng Cope's Distributing 0 01-24-2017 03:09 PM

Old 06-11-2019, 07:41 PM
It's ok to be white

Thanked 90,552 Times in 23,906 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_1978 View Post
Please don't. I like you in "voice" only.
I could be your long lost twin
Old 06-11-2019, 07:44 PM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batko10 View Post
Thanks! I will convey that to Charlie, Jr.

He's also very smart. I caught him ordering stuff online with my credit card the other day. The only reason I was able to stop him was because he doesn't keyboard (type) very quickly due to not having thumbs!
OMG.....

I've always wanted to have one like that. I have a friend who has one, I can't leave him alone. Just love that bird. They are so stunning, almost not real.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,437 Times in 9,902 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMan View Post
WOW...what a beautiful parrot
That is a beautiful parrot!
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenFred View Post
You know it!! Betcha they put hairbows in his hair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 09:13 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,724 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
I could be your long lost twin
I doubt it. I am quite young.
The Following User Says Thank You to cat_1978 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2019, 10:45 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogshak View Post
Ohmygosh, YESSSSS!!!! LOL! How many little girls got to you?!?!
Old 06-12-2019, 02:05 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 28,437 Times in 9,902 Posts

Quote:
I doubt it. I am quite young.
Not young at heart though.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,923 Times in 3,273 Posts

Quote:
OMG.....

I've always wanted to have one like that. I have a friend who has one, I can't leave him alone. Just love that bird. They are so stunning, almost not real.
Charlie, Jr. is an Australian Eclectus male. The Eclectus is the only parrot species where the male and female don't look the same. The female is red with purple and other colors. Up until about 50 years ago scientists believed that they were two separate species.

In all seriousness, the intelligence of the Eclectus has been measured at the level of a 3 year old human child. They don't just "parrot" words, they understand in their way what they mean. Many years ago Charlie, Jr.'s predecessor, Charlie D. Parrot, flew onto the top of his cage one day when my son and I were having an argument and started screaming, "STOP IT, STOP IT..." It was so spooky that we "stopped it." LOL

My veterinarian doesn't believe me, but Charlie, Jr. is toilet trained. One warning, parrots "poop" every 15 to 20 minutes. This is something to keep in mind before getting one. Junior will poop on strategically placed cardboard around the house. If he's on my shoulder while I'm at the computer he will say, "Poop, poop..." and I'll transfer him to my hand and hold him out over the cardboard near my chair and he does his duty.

Junior likes to frequently go to sleep while watching TV with me. He has his own pillow he sleeps on next to mine. At night he poops less frequently, but when he has to go he bangs my head with his beak to wake me up. Then he jumps on my hand which I outstretch over a piece of card board next to the bed.

If you are going to get a parrot keep in mind that they are highly interactive beings. You can't lock them up in a cage. Junior is only locked up when I have to leave the house and if I'm cooking (to prevent him from accidentally flying into a pot of boiling water). Also, it's up to each parrot's care giver, but I will not clip his wings. Birds were meant to fly like we were meant to walk and, in my opinion, it is cruel to clip their wings. Flying parrots are healthier parrots since they get exercise when flying around.

When my granddaughters come over it's like a petting zoo here. They play with the parrot and then they will stand around the turtle's tank and observe him for long periods of time. (The turtle is another story - my son caught him in Lake Calhoun 23 years ago this August.)

Anyway, parrots have been illegal to sell in Minnesota pet stores for quite a few years, because people were abusing them out of ignorance or just plain meanness. So, getting a parrot is a big decision.

CHOOSE WISELY!

Since Eddie T. is a wrestling fan he will appreciate the photo below. After Charlie D. Parrot passed a friend of mine at the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Amsterdam, NY included Charlie D.'s photo in a poster that he made for an autograph signing for Koko B. Ware. Before every match Koko would make his entrance to the ring with his Macaw - Frankie!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 08:00 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Not young at heart though.
I leave the hedonistic young heart for the likes of you:

Old 06-12-2019, 08:20 AM
It's ok to be white

Quote:
Charlie, Jr. is an Australian Eclectus male. The Eclectus is the only parrot species where the male and female don't look the same. The female is red with purple and other colors. Up until about 50 years ago scientists believed that they were two separate species.

In all seriousness, the intelligence of the Eclectus has been measured at the level of a 3 year old human child. They don't just "parrot" words, they understand in their way what they mean. Many years ago Charlie, Jr.'s predecessor, Charlie D. Parrot, flew onto the top of his cage one day when my son and I were having an argument and started screaming, "STOP IT, STOP IT..." It was so spooky that we "stopped it." LOL

My veterinarian doesn't believe me, but Charlie, Jr. is toilet trained. One warning, parrots "poop" every 15 to 20 minutes. This is something to keep in mind before getting one. Junior will poop on strategically placed cardboard around the house. If he's on my shoulder while I'm at the computer he will say, "Poop, poop..." and I'll transfer him to my hand and hold him out over the cardboard near my chair and he does his duty.

Junior likes to frequently go to sleep while watching TV with me. He has his own pillow he sleeps on next to mine. At night he poops less frequently, but when he has to go he bangs my head with his beak to wake me up. Then he jumps on my hand which I outstretch over a piece of card board next to the bed.

If you are going to get a parrot keep in mind that they are highly interactive beings. You can't lock them up in a cage. Junior is only locked up when I have to leave the house and if I'm cooking (to prevent him from accidentally flying into a pot of boiling water). Also, it's up to each parrot's care giver, but I will not clip his wings. Birds were meant to fly like we were meant to walk and, in my opinion, it is cruel to clip their wings. Flying parrots are healthier parrots since they get exercise when flying around.

When my granddaughters come over it's like a petting zoo here. They play with the parrot and then they will stand around the turtle's tank and observe him for long periods of time. (The turtle is another story - my son caught him in Lake Calhoun 23 years ago this August.)

Anyway, parrots have been illegal to sell in Minnesota pet stores for quite a few years, because people were abusing them out of ignorance or just plain meanness. So, getting a parrot is a big decision.

CHOOSE WISELY!
Your knowledge and commitment to Charlie Jr., is very impressive. I seriously doubt I'll ever get one. That is amazing what he does

We have horses, dogs and a cat and that's about it besides the humming birds we enjoying feeding each day. We do raise a few beef cows here and there when I get a good deal on a few feeder calf's.

Now that the kids are all gone, our dogs are now "the kids". I have to admit they are sometimes more enjoyable and far less expensive lol.

Thanks for sharing all this, it's so good to hear about the human side apart from all the debating that goes on between all of us. I'm sure the Lord would be pleased.

OM....
Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 AM
His Disciple

Thanked 7,272 Times in 3,061 Posts

Quote:
It was not against the Jews as people. It was against their doctrines. Critical difference.
Really??? Have you read them???

Excerpt:
HOM. I: The Jews, by rejecting Christ, were changed from children into dogs, the Gentile dogs were changed into children. The Jews refuse to accept Christ, whom they crucified, because they are grown carnal-minded; this is also why they have experienced catastrophes and been slaughtered by the Romans.
The Following User Says Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Prepared

I think Charlie jr is adorable...and beautiful, but I'm not a bird person, nor a cat person. Nor a little dog person. I like BIG dogs. We have 3 dogs, 2 medium sized, 1 a bit larger (our lab). We have umpteen chickens, a mini pig, and a donkey. We used to have a rabbit...he was soooo adorable and soft....he escaped and then our dogs got him (don't tell my kids....they think he's off fathering all the wild rabbits we see in the yard every spring!).

I do loooooove cardinals....seriously, watching them in my yard makes my heart soooo happy. They are easily my fave bird. And I adore the caws of the crows we have. I grew up with the coos of pigeons on our eaves, and find that to be a lovely sound now....though I don't want pigeons, lol. We have a group of smaller birds that gathers in our trees just before sunset every evening....and there are thousands of them, chattering away....and they fly from one end of our property to the other....then off to who knows where. I assume they do the same, going opposite, every am....but I'm not awake then, nor do I care to be! Lol!

Then we have wild rabbits, deer, and our neighbors (that we can't see from our property) deal with a fox + some coyotes....but with our dogs and donkey, we don't. We also have turtles, ducks by the teeny pond at times, and lotsa snakes and lizards (skinks).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenFred For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esheldon View Post

Excerpt:
HOM. I: The Jews, by rejecting Christ, were changed from children into dogs, the Gentile dogs were changed into children. The Jews refuse to accept Christ, whom they crucified, because they are grown carnal-minded; this is also why they have experienced catastrophes and been slaughtered by the Romans.
When I read them it makes me wonder why any church would (as if the church could do so) venerate such a person to sainthood.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie_T For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Hunter

Quote:

Excerpt:
The phrase might be offensive for PC ears today but clearly is a metaphor. Nobody was change from a child to a dog or from a dog to a child. However the Jews (crushing majority of them) did Reject Messiah. And they ARE growing carnal-minded, because as per Jesus revelatory Truth to Peter "For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." you need to received this truth through your spiritual being. But if you are too carnal-minded to receive it...

"Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven."

Clearly the Jews are not blessed with spiritual truth for they are carnal minded.

As per the Jews experiencing catastrophes after they denied Jesus, do you deny history or something ?!?!?

I fail to see what is wrong or inaccurate with the quote you put above. If you imply that the "children-dogs" is not a metaphor then you should check your head at the nearest hospital.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:33 AM
His Disciple

Quote:
The phrase might be offensive for PC ears today but clearly is a metaphor. Nobody was change from a child to a dog or from a dog to a child.
Hmmmm...just like Y'shua was speaking metaphorically and bread/wine doesn't change into flesh/blood

And it doesn't matter if he was being metaphorical, John was speaking ill of God's chosen...that's dangerous.

Genesis 12:3, "I will bless those who bless you, but I will curse anyone who curses you; and by you all the families of the earth will be blessed.”

Quote:
However the Jews (crushing majority of them) did Reject Messiah.
And guess what, that is no secret, God told us He was going to blind them.
Deuteronomy 29:3(4), Isaiah 29:10, Romans 11

Quote:
And they ARE growing carnal-minded, because as per Jesus revelatory Truth to Peter "For this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven." you need to received this truth through your spiritual being. But if you are too carnal-minded to receive it...

"Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven."

Clearly the Jews are not blessed with spiritual truth for they are carnal minded.
No! Carnal-minded because God said He was going to do that.

Quote:
As per the Jews experiencing catastrophes after they denied Jesus, do you deny history or something ?!?!?
Ummm, their catastrophies as recorded in the bible came from them not obeying God. Not too much in the bible about them experiencing catastrophies after denying the Messiah.

Quote:
I fail to see what is wrong or inaccurate with the quote you put above. If you imply that the "children-dogs" is not a metaphor then you should check your head at the nearest hospital.
If you can't see that John was anti-Semitic by his remarks and that he said some pretty harsh things about the Jews, then your head is in the sand.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Hunter

Quote:
If you can't see that John was anti-Semitic by his remarks and that he said some pretty harsh things about the Jews, then your head is in the sand.
What was untruthful about those remarks by St. John?
The Following User Says Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,923 Times in 3,273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
When I read them it makes me wonder why any church would (as if the church could do so) venerate such a person to sainthood.
First of all, Saint John Chrysostom's eight homilies "Against the Jews" were aimed at Christians in his flock who were taking part in Jewish observances and their festivals. He was trying to prevent the loss of the Christians in his community to the Jews. Calling Saint John an "anti-Semite" is using 20th century language that is out of context for the historical times and situation in the 4th century.

While the language is severe to modern day politically correct ears, it was obviously necessary to shake up the Christian community (still weak from 300 years of violent persecution) to resist infiltration and subversion by Judaizers and Jews who looked at Christianity as an enemy and competitor.

"Regarding sainthood, the traits or criteria for individuals to be canonized as saints of the Orthodox Church are:

a) Holy Baptism
b) An Orthodox mindset
c) A virtuous life
d) Exceptional service and offering to the Church
e) Miracles
f) Holy Relics.

These are the attributes or criteria of Sainthood. But, they are not by themselves, all together, or separately the criteria of Sainthood. The criterion of Sainthood is the deification of the person, that is, that the Saint has seen the glory of God and has known the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven."
CITE: http://www.hotca.org/orthodoxy/lives...odox-tradition

Saint John Chrysostom's service to the Church was inestimable. He is considered one of the Four Great Doctors of the Church (I believe by the Roman Catholics, also). I'm pretty sure that some Protestant Churches venerate him as a saint, i.e. Lutherans and Anglicans.

He was baptized at the age of 23 and entered a monastery where he remained for 16 years preparing for his life's mission. At the age of 39 Saint John was ordained a priest and began preaching. His oratory skill made him famous across the entire Roman Empire and made him beloved among the people.

However, when he launched a crusade against excessive wealth and loose conduct of the aristocracy, and the attempts by the Jews to subvert the Church he was exiled. The exile didn't last long, because the people rose up demanding his return. Fearing major civil disturbances Saint John was allowed to return.

In addition to his preaching, Saint John Chrysostom wrote a voluminous amount of works including The Divine Liturgy which all Orthodox Churches celebrate every Sunday. The eight homilies that offend the Judaizers and Messianic Jews on this forum are just a drop in the bucket of his writings. Saint John's homilies against homosexuality would make him a target of today's homosexual movement as well.

Saint John Chrysostom was the Patriarch of Constantinople in his last six years on earth from 398 AD to 404 AD.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Batko10 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 12:22 PM
His Disciple

Quote:
First of all, Saint John Chrysostom's eight homilies "Against the Jews" were aimed at Christians in his flock who were taking part in Jewish observances and their festivals. He was trying to prevent the loss of the Christians in his community to the Jews. Calling Saint John an "anti-Semite" is using 20th century language that is out of context for the historical times and situation in the 4th century.

While the language is severe to modern day politically correct ears, it was obviously necessary to shake up the Christian community (still weak from 300 years of violent persecution) to resist infiltration and subversion by Judaizers and Jews who looked at Christianity as an enemy and competitor.

"Regarding sainthood, the traits or criteria for individuals to be canonized as saints of the Orthodox Church are:

a) Holy Baptism
b) An Orthodox mindset
c) A virtuous life
d) Exceptional service and offering to the Church
e) Miracles
f) Holy Relics.

These are the attributes or criteria of Sainthood. But, they are not by themselves, all together, or separately the criteria of Sainthood. The criterion of Sainthood is the deification of the person, that is, that the Saint has seen the glory of God and has known the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven."
CITE: http://www.hotca.org/orthodoxy/lives...odox-tradition

Saint John Chrysostom's service to the Church was inestimable. He is considered one of the Four Great Doctors of the Church (I believe by the Roman Catholics, also). I'm pretty sure that some Protestant Churches venerate him as a saint, i.e. Lutherans and Anglicans.

He was baptized at the age of 23 and entered a monastery where he remained for 16 years preparing for his life's mission. At the age of 39 Saint John was ordained a priest and began preaching. His oratory skill made him famous across the entire Roman Empire and made him beloved among the people.

However, when he launched a crusade against excessive wealth and loose conduct of the aristocracy, and the attempts by the Jews to subvert the Church he was exiled. The exile didn't last long, because the people rose up demanding his return. Fearing major civil disturbances Saint John was allowed to return.

In addition to his preaching, Saint John Chrysostom wrote a voluminous amount of works including The Divine Liturgy which all Orthodox Churches celebrate every Sunday. The eight homilies that offend the Judaizers and Messianic Jews on this forum are just a drop in the bucket of his writings. Saint John's homilies against homosexuality would make him a target of today's homosexual movement as well.

Saint John Chrysostom was the Patriarch of Constantinople in his last six years on earth from 398 AD to 404 AD.
And what is the litmus test for this? Who certifies or even knows that someone has seen the glory of God and knows the mysteries of the Kingdom of Heaven? And who signs off on the certification of the person certifying the saint?

Self-licking ice cream again.

This is not to say he didn't do some good for his organization.
The Following User Says Thank You to esheldon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Hunter

Quote:
[Saint John Chrysostom] is considered one of the Four Great Doctors of the Church (I believe by the Roman Catholics, also).
Yes, he is recognized as one of the four Great Doctors of the Eastern Church, the others being Basil the Great, Gregory of Nazianzus, and Athanasius of Alexandria. St. John Chrysostom is cited 18 times in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trogshak For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2019, 01:32 AM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 8,078 Times in 3,060 Posts

Also in the historic (conservative, confessional) Lutheran Church, which today is seen in the U.S. in LCMS and WELS, and in Canada in the Lutheran Church--Canada (originally founded by the LCMS)
https://lutheranreformation.org/hist...hurch-fathers/

The Lutheran Church--Canada has a Pastor's retreat called St Chrysostom Lutheran Preachers Retreat
http://lutheranpreachers.worthyofpraise.org/

At the time of the Reformation, non-Lutheran protestants rejected/denied Real Presence, did away with the early church fathers, etc. ...the same kind of doctrinal and theological watering down and deviation as happened in the in the 20th and 21st centuries in ELCA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post: