Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build the Wall Go Fund me raises 18 mil in 12 days swen_out_west Political News and Discussion 271 06-07-2019 04:10 AM
Ruger American Standard 30-06 Springfield 22" 4+1 from $337.73 wikiarms.com wikiarms.com 0 01-05-2019 08:55 PM
Thoughts on the Ruger American? justin22885 Pistol and Revolver Forum 10 07-18-2018 06:53 AM
Review: Ruger American Compact Rifle in 308 Win AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-10-2016 02:30 PM

Old 05-31-2019, 10:03 AM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 53,448 Times in 18,704 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbill View Post
+1

Replaced three tank-at-bowl-height "contemporary" toilets with Toto Drake toilets years ago at dad's house.

Though with the "soft-close" seat they were closer to $300 each delievered back then.
Oh yeah, you can blow a mint on Toto products when you go for the extras or fancier units.

The Japanese will pay big money for their fancy Toto units.

I'm just happy they chose to offer a no-fills basic unit in the Drake. At that price they can compete at prices with US toilet brands.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 11:48 AM

is the water swirling in the bowl when you flush or kind of trickling in ? if it is not swirling then the holes under the edge of the bowl are clogged up and need to be cleaned out .
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 17,341 Times in 5,164 Posts

...shoulda bought a Ferguson...

Old 06-04-2019, 06:31 PM
Hiker

And if you want to do away with a water saver these days buy a American standard champion 4 and swap out the flush valve with a lower profile one.

You will notice the flush valve is higher up on them than other models.
The Following User Says Thank You to Veloster For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 07:13 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 62,529 Times in 19,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
...shoulda bought a Ferguson...

Also known as.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Beer Truck Door Gunner

Thanked 53,448 Times in 18,704 Posts

A lot of great laughs on the MWC show on the Fergesons, but not realistic on today's market.

At some point in my discussion about my life story here I mentioned at SB that my forever bachelor life left me time for second jobs. I've done lots of second jobs because making money beats sitting around looking around to find ways to entertain one's self. For a few years I was a "Homer" at Home Depot. They have ditched the concept now, and lost that edge in the retail wars, but they used to hire licensed pros to hang around on weekends. I suspect they ditched the idea because pros were mostly there to milk it the high end pay. Shame that my cohorts screwed up a good idea, but I took it seriously. I could sell toilets on weekends like nobody had ever seen. Drop me a pallet of top price toilets on the sales floor and I'd sell a dozen of them before my lunch break.

Seems most folks had an issue talking about toilet mechanics and getting embarrassed. In reality it was easy if you just said solid and liquid waste. Just using safe words and not being embarrassed solved the communication problem. Talking to men about the female habit of using too much TP got them commiserating and ready to upgrade. Teen daughter? Yeah, they were easy to pitch the top of the line. Military guy trained on 20 squares of TP a day? Another easy mark once they had a wife. Seriously, you gals use 10 times or more TP a day than real men do, and the toilet pays the price.

If you want high flow toilets then be prepared to hunt the antique market. Low flow toilet regs went in 30 years ago and you can't buy anything new. I know that Kohler still will send old tubs/sinks/toilets back through the kilns for a new glaze if you are willing to pay the fees involved. Otherwise you just have to shop the 2nd hand market for toilets in good condition. Most old high flow toilets just need a Fluidmaster parts upgrade to work like before. Just become a toilet mechanic. It's a lot easier than you think. Most handy guys are already halfway there. To a licensed plumber not facing a venting problem a toilet job is easy money. Only the weak and the ignorant can't deal with toilets once you learn how.

If you just don't want to learn about toilets then buy new Kohlers and Totos.

Sorry, but you don't have the option to be cheap, physically weak, lazy, and ignorant about toilets all at once.

Search using Google, type "site:survivalistboards.com" in Google's search box, followed by the search parameters. You can use all normal conventions, limit searches by date, etc. Works quite well and beats the native search function.