Survivalist Forum - View Single Post - Lessons Learned From Bug Out Bag Testing
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,308 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by preperguy View Post
Last time I hiked I learned I needed more water. I found out inflatable pads and pillows are uncomfortable. I prefer a roll up pad. I didn't take one because I couldn't tie both a bag and a pad to my pack. I need a better pack. My sleeping bag fell off and down a small cliff. Luckily I was able to go down and get it. Need a better way to tie it down. I need more water.
Each of us has our own priorities, but some seem to be more like back packing than BOB type of gear. For example, my "sleep" system, is a light tarp(poncho), SOL Bivy sack+fleece. Minimal clothing--essentials for fire/water, defense. Also multi tasking like a poncho--which gives warmth, rain protection, ground cloth/shade etc is more practical than purposed items.

But sleeping bags, roll up/inflatable pads/pillows are not in what I would consider for a BOB. The lighter the better! The more mobile the better. The more you blend in (Gray man) the better...High energy food/water are going to be essential. In many cases, movement at night may be better, and rest during the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to thataway For This Useful Post: