Survivalist Forum - View Single Post - Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are you?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 54,025 Times in 18,709 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
=cat_1978;19751460]The spirits recognized God power in Paul, that was given to him by Jesus, and they recognized Jesus as God. They did not recognize Jesus power in those wannabe "wonder workers" that got beaten afterwords.
Okay. I can see your point. If someone is going around representing God but are charlatans or fakers then the Spirit will clearly be absent from their person.

Quote:
Traditions are like large stones in a river. If they are placed right it can get you and many others weaker than you safely over the water. Some Traditions are coming from God. Some not. You will need to find the Church that has the correct Traditions. If you go without traditions you will find yourself at the mercy of your tortured soul, that today may be happy and tomorrow may be depressive. Your theology will not be higher than your moods.
Traditions are perfectly fine if they're completely represented in Holy Scripture and in line with the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. They should also be demonstrated by Christ and His disciples. If a tradition doesn't meet this criteria then it's man-made and completely suspect.

Quote:
You are absolutely right. The objects should be free to give for people that would like their faith enhanced by whatever means. At the Orthodox Church you receive cheaper objects (paper icons, plastic crosses, little booklets, etc,) FREE of CHARGE. Go to ANY Orthodox Church and you will see them free of charge. For more expensive objects that require artistry or noble material (wood, metal, real paint) the cost cannot be covered entirely by the Church (for lack of infinite funds) so they cost some money. In fact these more expensive objects to produce are used as a "charity gathering effort" to let the donor give charity (so do a good deed) and at the same time get a real good quality object to enhance his faith or to use as a gift to enhance other people's faith. What is wrong about that?

1 John 5:21, "Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen."

Isaiah 44:9-20, "They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed."

Leviticus 19:4, "Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God."

1 Corinthians 10:14, "Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry."

Jeremiah 11:12, "Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble."

Quote:
Strong's Concordance - #G1497 - "idols":

an image, likeness

i.e. whatever represents the form of an object, either real or imaginary

used of the shades of the departed, apparitions, spectres, phantoms of the mind, etc.

the image of an heathen god

a false god
https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G1497&t=KJV

The Bible is pretty clear on the subject. A person's faith should be in the Person of Jesus Christ. No crutch should be necessary.