Survivalist Forum banner

Get precious metals now!

3K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Explosive 
#1 ·
Here in UK PM suppliers are no longer shipping, due, they say, to difficulty with couriers. Everything else I buy arrives next day. For various reasons we are making big savings right now, and I thought a couple of pounds of silver would be handy. No such luck. Learn from my experience.

#12 ·
I'm curious about, say, silver.

Recently FELL from about $17 to $12, losing 30% value. Now about $14. For those paying, say $17, you're OVER-PAYING by 15% or so for an "investment." You're immediately taking a 15% loss on your money, plus any added fees...

And that's bullion, which is "OOS" everywhere I look. Most places have physical silver at $20-30 per oz. That's insane. You're LOSING huge % of your value right off the top.

How does that make financial sense?

Also, if you ever try to sell it, you likely won't make more than spot... maybe less than spot whatever that might be. And Silver has done nothing but fall or go mostly flat for 10 years...

#13 ·
One of the ironies regarding precious metals is there is a period between when you can buy and sell silver and gold regularly and when it'll be critical for barter, and during that period in between, in my State, you can't even get to a dealer because they're non essential and they are all closed!
-

#15 ·
Which is where we are now.

I want silver for when it's necessary for barter, because a $300 gold sovereign isn't much good when all you want is a blanket.

I need UK coins because they are reliably what they say they are (that's the whole point of a coin, it's a metal ingot stamped with the king's head to show that it is what it says it is). This means they're easier to use than a gold earring. Also, when I sell them I don't need to pay tax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.