Survivalist Forum - View Single Post - What happens if your caught with the wrong pepper spray in NYC or Jersey?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 03:47 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,287 Times in 592 Posts

Depends. Are you visiting or just passing through? If you're visiting they'll probably confiscate and won't worry about charging you. --They have bigger problems to worry about to take a cop off the streets for a couple hours for arrest and booking.

If you're just passing through, probably nothing, but the cop might confiscate.

That being said, if you're being a enough of a douche to attract a cop's attention in NYC, you might get arrested. --You gotta work HARD to get stopped by the cops in NYC.

A couple of ancedotal examples.

I was driving around the financial district in Manhattan, and there is a wierd intersection towards the end of Wall St. I goofed and turned up a one way St, with a cop sitting at the opposite corner, and all he did was honk his horn at me.

In the early 80's a freind went to see some bands play someplace in Alphabet City, and after the show, (@2AM) was riding the subway with freinds back to their place. There was a subway cop sitting a few seats down from them, when one of them pulled out a bag of pot, pulled some out and proceeded to roll a joint while the cop watched. When he went to light it up, the cop warned him not to push his luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tovarich_Volk For This Useful Post: