Survivalist Forum banner

Should Islam be permitted in the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 98 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 63 38.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 1.8%

18K views 95 replies 52 participants last post by  SgtBooker44 
#1 ·

#45 ·
Wow Im surprised on all the no's. I mean isn't one of the best parts of the United Stated being able to have the right to practice your own religion freely. Hell wasn't that the reason why America was literally first settled, besides taxes? My oh my how our country has wavered.

#52 ·
The Constitution allows for religious freedom and I beleave that freedoms come with responsibility. You can beleave what you want but when your beliefs infringe on the life liberty and pursuit of happiness. Then we have a problem. I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies forgien and domestic, etc. That includes those that want to restrict ones freedom of speech, religion, and other god given freedoms. That also means that I will fight against anyone or group that wants to over through the American way of life and subvert our freedoms.
Sorry for the spelling errors

#59 ·
Oh really?

So the Taliban and their actions represent all of Islam? Does the Ku Klux Klan and their actions represent all of Christianity? If I recall correctly, the Taliban are terrorists with extremists views and actions and aren't exactly "liked" by the people of Afghanistan. (Sadly, the Afghanis can't do anything because they are scared of them.)

#66 ·
I couldn't agree with you more. They have to understand that this is a nation of many peoples, of many religions. No one can be or should be forced into any belief system. If they can not live by those rules, then they should not come here.

And those Muslims here, like that tragedy Saint pointed out, should be held acountable for those actions. Freedom of religion is just that. Worship as you see fit, but you CAN NOT deprive someone of life because of what YOU believe.

#69 ·
It's not within the government's purview to allow or disallow a religion. However, the laws on the books should be enforced equally for everyone and if one's religion requires practices not allowed the entire populace under law, those practitioners should be prosecuted.

Maybe it's our immigration policies which should be scrutinized more thoroughly.

#73 ·
My favorite quote from Benjamin "Big Daddy" Franklin.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Everyone gets their turn. Here is an example like the volatile times of early Christianity around the same time of the gnostic books. Very violent...extremist even.

Or during the plague years the extremists that would hoard around German area killing, beating, buring, flogging people and them selves claiming blood of his blood and flesh of his flesh was need as a sacrifice. Many times they went looking for Jews, other Christians, etc. As years go by there will be a new flavor.

#74 ·
I voted ...yes... and mainly because no matter what a persons beliefs are it should be allowed...and if it crosses the line into violence that is right there... destroy it then...

If it is harming no one... fine with me....

but I do not support an aspect of islam called sahria.... it is inherently dangerous and has been demonstrated that way for a few decades now... that must be kept out.. no matter what.

#89 ·
I missed the 'except Islam' clause in the constitution.

No, Islam is a bog standard religion, the Abraham in that is the same Abraham in Judaism and Christianity. About 23% of the world are Muslims and if you think they all want to kill you, you'd best stay home - just in case.

There shouldn't be a need to legislate against intolerance.
Maybe now would be a good time to look at forum rules 2 and 11?

#90 ·
Islam is not a religion. It is apolitical system that seeks to take over the world while masking itself as a religion.

Was Nazism a religion? It had all the trappings. Think about that.

#91 ·
No, it is a religion.
But what is the protection against religious ideology? It is the separation of
church and state. The state views all religions as the same and is impervious to
them.

No Nazism was not a religion. You could forfeit the argument for using the
Hitler/Nazi card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.