Survivalist Forum banner

Sig P229 legion OR Sphinx SDP Alpha

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Cuteandfuzzybunnies 
#1 ·
I’m considering an DA/SA metal gun. Not for EDC but just to have a cool pistol for the range or maybe as a BBQ gun.

I’m considering the 229 legion in 9mm or the emperor scorpion in 9mm or the Sphinx. The Sphinx is less expensive than both but close to the emperor in price. It also has great reviews from owners. But I really like Sig and my step dad has a 228 so we’d be on the same page which is cool.

What do you guys think ?

#3 ·
I’m considering an DA/SA metal gun. Not for EDC but just to have a cool pistol for the range or maybe as a BBQ gun.

I’m considering the 229 legion in 9mm or the emperor scorpion in 9mm or the Sphinx. The Sphinx is less expensive than both but close to the emperor in price. It also has great reviews from owners. But I really like Sig and my step dad has a 228 so we’d be on the same page which is cool.

What do you guys think ?
Love my Sig 229.
Small enough to conseal, big enough to keep on target.
100% reliable and the Sig grip was made for my hand..

Btw, Sig also makes a P220 eliete in 10mm. Beaver tail grip, SAO trigger, target sights.
I can see a 220 down the road esp a legion. But I’m really thinking about a 9mm now

#5 ·
Sphinx is nothing but an over priced CZ clone, so for less money you can just buy the real deal CZ 75, 75b, 75 compact, po1, spo1
If you really want a CZ clone though, Tristar/Canik make really really good CZ clones of every model of CZ and more!!!plus the Tristar/Canik uses CZ parts and mags!! www.tristararms.com All different models, colors, steel or alloy

Tanfoglio also makes CZ clones but the mags are different.

#11 ·
I own the 226 Legion, but have shot the 229. Both are absolutely the top of the line handguns. Get the Legion and it won’t disappoint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.