Survivalist Forum - View Single Post - Got a pair of new Doberman pups...
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 09:00 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,113 Times in 475 Posts
Default Got a pair of new Doberman pups...

Advertise Here

Some things I 'forgot':

They pee a LOT, They poop a LOT, They chew on things a lot, There can be 20 identical balls on the ground and they will still choose to fight over 'one' of them instead of each getting their own, They poop a LOT.

Some things that are familiar:

They learn fast, They love having a semi-regular routine and schedule, It takes no longer to take a pair potty than it does one, It takes no longer to take a pair to the vet than it does one, A pair will 'entertain' each other and burn energy with less work on the part of the owner (other than supervision of course), A pair can help each other learn some things.

Guessing I have about a year to a year and a half of training before they are 'right' - Possibly less depending on how much they pick up from the older / adult female Doberman that was / is already living here.

My existing adult has not really 'made buddies' with the new puppies yet but has definitely become very protective of them. Watches them and the yard like a hawk when they are all outside. Quick to warn any strangers coming near to 'not' come near.

This is going to be fun!
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to DG23 For This Useful Post: