Survivalist Forum banner

Classic Firearms Glock 22 police trade-ins $290

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Nomad 2nd 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The conversion barrels are an option, especially if youre short on cash.

Personally, I just got over dealing with them a while back and prefer a whole gun instead of an extra barrel. Had a lot of money tied up in stuff that never got used and I eventually came to my senses and turned that into more whole guns. :)

The price of barrels does seem to be fast dropping, and its pretty hard to beat $55 though. :thumb:

#6 ·
The conversion barrels are an option, especially if youre short on cash.

Personally, I just got over dealing with them a while back and prefer a whole gun instead of an extra barrel. Had a lot of money tied up in stuff that never got used and I eventually came to my senses and turned that into more whole guns. :)

The price of barrels does seem to be fast dropping, and its pretty hard to beat $55 though. :thumb:
$300 .40+$50 9mm barrel vs $350 -$400 9mm

Actually LESS money for MORE capability.

Once I figured this out I sold almost all my 9mm's, replaced them with .40's with 9mm barrels and pocketed the difference.

YMMV.

#9 ·
What I had tied up in money, was cases of ammo and $150-200 (the cheaper barrels werent around then) barrels sitting on a shelf, never getting used, or likely to be used. Luckily for me, 40 and 357SIG used the same mags, for the most part, so that wasnt an issue.

If I bought 20 .40 trade-ins, and then a barrel for each of them, Id still be in the same boat as I was before, and now throw the extra mags into the mix. Ammo, barrels, and mags just sitting there, not getting use, or likely to see it. I could see maybe one or two barrels and a case or two of ammo, maybe, but its still just going to sit, and knowing that its not likey ever going to get used, just annoys me.

Yea, I can see the versatility, to a point, but for me, the reality of it just didnt work that way, and I still dont see it happening.

If you think its going to work for you, by all means, have at it. I just wouldnt get to carried away first, until you see how it goes, and how you end up investing.

I ditched 357 SIG, along with those cases of .40 and barrels I had for them as back up, about a decade ago, and went back to 9mm. Turned it all into plenty of 9mm guns, tons of mags, and tons of ammo (the fact that the cases of 357SIG ammo I had more than doubled from when I bought it didnt hurt either :)), so I doubt it would be an issue for me, even if everything dried up today. Not in my lifetime anyway, or even my kids.

#12 ·
What I had tied up in money, was cases of ammo and $150-200 (the cheaper barrels werent around then) barrels sitting on a shelf, never getting used, or likely to be used. Luckily for me, 40 and 357SIG used the same mags, for the most part, so that wasnt an issue.

If I bought 20 .40 trade-ins, and then a barrel for each of them, Id still be in the same boat as I was before, and now throw the extra mags into the mix. Ammo, barrels, and mags just sitting there, not getting use, or likely to see it. I could see maybe one or two barrels and a case or two of ammo, maybe, but its still just going to sit, and knowing that its not likey ever going to get used, just annoys me.

kids.
You and I have had this conversation before, I'll tell you the same thing I did last time:

I'm not saying to put back 2 cases of each, or even mags.
Hell, feel free not to buy a single round of .40
(I did the below and put back 100 rounds..... They multiplied.)

What I'm saying is that for $X you can either:

1. Buy a G17 with Y# of magazines.
Or:

2. for slightly LESS MONEY you can buy a G22, and toss the .40 barrel and magazine in a drawer (or sell them) AND buy a 40-9 conversion barrel and the same number of mags.

I've done it.

Over and over again.

$55 barrel was Bear creek. I've picked up Lone Wolf barrels <$80 though.

for range use your fine shooting 9 in 40 mags or Vic versa.
Wouldn't do it when it mattered because.... Why?

If it bothers you to get more stuff you may or may not use for less money... Feel free to send them to me.;)

#15 ·
Wow BCA does have some cheap replacement / conversion barrels!

$44.99 for a G22 9mm conversion barrel.
https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bc...rel-stainless-steel-finish-threaded-unbranded

There was a rumor going around that Combat Armory's barrels were made by BCA. Not sure if true.
http://www.combatarmory.com/glock-barrels-1/

Nomad, 2nd - I'll be passing through your neck of the woods this Weekend. Heading to Byrd's Off Road Park in Ozark, AR for an overland expo.

Can I loan you a Combat Armory G19 barrel that you can test out in one of your G23's? It's not a conversion barrel but I'm curious if it will work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.