Survivalist Forum - View Single Post - Gluten Withdrawal/Detox
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Wannabe Mountain Hermit

Thanked 31,687 Times in 9,138 Posts

LOL, Jack, why do you think I posted all that?

I've done it twice in my life. The first time back in 1979 and I didn't know about gluten. I am now doing it again for the 3rd time.

I was 14 and I weighed 200 lbs at that time, got down to 135 by the time I was 17.

Then got married and had a bad marriage and started eating whatever to deal with it. It wasn't until I left and went to driving truck that I was able to get a handle on it.

Second time, I weighed 235, got down to 160, That's the before and after pics I have posted, Took 4 years to do it and stayed that way until I got sick and went into a depression started eating everything in sight because I was told I would never be able to work again and that what I had was incurable. Was trying to come out of it when the Old Goat got sick then up and died on me. Which made it even worse.

8 months ago I finally started trying to do it again. I weighed myself and found out I was back up to 213. I am down to 185 as of this morning but I can't seem to totally kick it into gear and go all the way like I used to but i'm trying.

But now I know it causes the depression and I know to watch out for the triggers, it just seems to be a bit harder with not having the energy to do what I need to do. But i'm getting there.

I decided to start posting this info in hopes it might help others who may have the same problems and not know it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Me at 235.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	293886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Me.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	293888  
For those of us who are disabled, whether it be SSDI, SSI, Military, family members who are disabled and would like to discuss with others on how we might be able to get through today's times, SHTF or joining a MAG and what challenges may be faced with that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TXplowgirl For This Useful Post: