Survivalist Forum banner

What's For DINNER?

977K views 22K replies 795 participants last post by  2ftgd 
#1 ·
What's for dinner?

Just thinking that sharing ideas might help others come up with something themselves. Survival type ideas might be a plus but not necessary.

#5 ·
homemade chili is on my rainy day list also but had it twice last week.
No one can beat my home made chili. Ok. . .I lied. . .The guy that came in first the last 3 years in our chili cook off. . Other than that? Heh. . :headshake: :cool:

^^Wow. . Did you see that horn I was tootin'? :eek:

Being a wannabe chef, I'm gonna make stuffed manicotti with home made noodles and sauce and garlic bread. Slow night. lol. . .

#7 ·
My guy had extra eggs this time, so we are having quiche with bacon and spinach. I've got some garlic bread sticks rising in the kitchen and a fruit salad chilling.

I love quiche especially with spinach. Nummy. Enjoy. :)

I'm having salad with blueberries, light balsamic vinegar, and parm cheese. Plus a little chicken.

#12 ·
Just left over homemade turkey spaghetti and herb garlic bread, should be last day for it. Tomorrow will be meatloaf, made with turkey meat of coarse.
I have been busy today dehydrating frozen green beans & mixed vegs. and finishing up now pressure canning 5 quarts of turkey bacon.
So much to do, So little time left.
Ambitious day! Meatloaf might be on my menu for tomorrow also, I have some home canned still that should be rotated out before I can more.

#17 ·
Split pea soup w/ham. Homemade soda cracker. Ice cold milk. Grandkids having oatmeal/biscuits.
It's cold here to 9 degree's.

Stay warm
I've been wanting to make homemade soda crackers, but it sounds very complex. Not sure how many grandkids are coming tonight, but they will probably want hot dogs.

You stay warm, it's just under 50F here.

#20 ·
To start, it is a cold rainy day here and I have Navy bean and ham soup on the stove, smells good. I am going to make cornbread to go with it.
I made ham & beans for supper also, used one of my DAk hams. Not bad. Cornbread was another story though. My mix was 5 years old. Tasted fine but it didn't rise at all, ending up about a half inch thick.