Survivalist Forum

Survivalist Forum (https://www.survivalistboards.com/index.php)
-   Reviews and questions (https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Henry arms 24" barrel frontier .22 magnum review (https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=916798)

THE_HUNTERIAM 04-28-2019 07:29 PM

Henry arms 24" barrel frontier .22 magnum review
 
I got a chance to review the Henry Arms Frontier Rifle with the 24" barrel in .22 magnum. This is what I found. Enjoy!

http://ericnestor.com/frontier-22-magnum-in-review/

jimbowie1 04-28-2019 10:48 PM

I just bought 1 I will take it out to the pasture tomorrow and see how it does.

Observer 01-11-2020 03:18 PM

I am a large advocate of the .22 Magnum. Love the rifle and it's capabilities. Have owned a Winchester 9422 Magnum since 1976. They are not a great varmint gun. Varmint as in Bobcat or coyote. Everything else yes. Excellent deer rifle. 3Properly placed from a proper distance and they drop just like being shot from any centerfire rifle. JMO.

cook 01-12-2020 04:05 AM

Why is it not good for coyotes/bobcats from a proper distance and placement also?

Observer 01-15-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook (Post 19979754)
Why is it not good for coyotes/bobcats from a proper distance and placement also?

Both of those animals can take a broadside lungshot and run long enough to totally disappear. The toughest animals I have hunted here in Oklahoma. I am an excellent tracker as well. (Tooting my own horn here but?) These are incredibly resilient animals. Deer drop in their tracks. Coyotes and bobcats? Not the same.

Bob3rd 01-15-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cook (Post 19979754)
Why is it not good for coyotes/bobcats from a proper distance and placement also?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Observer (Post 19985928)
Both of those animals can take a broadside lungshot and run long enough to totally disappear. The toughest animals I have hunted here in Oklahoma. I am an excellent tracker as well. (Tooting my own horn here but?) These are incredibly resilient animals. Deer drop in their tracks. Coyotes and bobcats? Not the same.


:o:

Will they still die even though they run off? Are you trying to collect the hides? If not what does it matter if they run off to die?

Big_John 01-15-2020 09:56 PM

I killed my first deer with a .22 Mag. I was 5 years old and shot a doe between the eyes at about 50 yards. Dropped her like a rock and she ate, darn good. Still remember Mom frying up the back-strap with biscuits and gravy.

Today, I only own a revolver that takes the ole 22 Mag....

I need to get a rifle and maybe this is my huckleberry!


I've been on a lever-kick lately..... 30-30, 44mag, 45-70...... .22 Mag may be next.....

.........

Eddie_T 01-17-2020 11:52 PM

Sure is nice to see some wood on a rifle with all the ugly black stuff that is out there nowadays.

Observer 01-18-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob3rd (Post 19986056)
:o:

Will they still die even though they run off? Are you trying to collect the hides? If not what does it matter if they run off to die?

Yes, I was varmint hunting for fur. When I shoot something I wish it to die in a very timely fashion.

Observer 01-18-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_John (Post 19986348)
I killed my first deer with a .22 Mag. I was 5 years old and shot a doe between the eyes at about 50 yards. Dropped her like a rock and she ate, darn good. Still remember Mom frying up the back-strap with biscuits and gravy.

Today, I only own a revolver that takes the ole 22 Mag....

I need to get a rifle and maybe this is my huckleberry!


I've been on a lever-kick lately..... 30-30, 44mag, 45-70...... .22 Mag may be next.....

.........

I love my Winchester 9422Magnum. Got it for Christmas in 1976. I highly recommend the Winchester 9422M!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,