Survivalist Forum

Survivalist Forum (https://www.survivalistboards.com/index.php)
-   For Sale (https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Guidelines for this section (https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=59054)

kev 05-30-2009 10:20 AM

Guidelines for this section

Only merchants can start threads in this section. Follow this link to sign up for your merchants account.

Merchants - stay out of each others threads. If person A post a thread about an item for a certain price, person B better not post a reply "well, I have it for this price."

SurviveIt 07-25-2009 04:09 PM

Kev,

Thanks for all your hard work.

SurviveIt 10-17-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kev (Post 705500)
Only merchants can start threads in this section. Follow this link to sign up for your merchants account.

Merchants - stay out of each others threads. If person A post a thread about an item for a certain price, person B better not post a reply "well, I have it for this price."

Kev,

The problem is that there are other people that simply hi-jack threads by referring to other businesses. While it is true, non-merchants can't start threads, our threads are certainly being hi-jacked to other businesses that arent even merchants. While this is acceptable in the general forum, it shouldnt be in the merchant section. I really dont want to advertise other businesses. I think the rules should be tightened up in this area. Kev, I know it means more work for the mods, and I'd be happy to mod my own threads.

Mark
ReadyPRO, Inc.

kev 10-17-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurviveIt (Post 998605)
Kev,

The problem is that there are other people that simply hi-jack threads by referring to other businesses.

This is strictly prohibited.

Members posting references to other merchants, or to resellers run the risk of having their account suspended.

owner_bsp 06-07-2010 04:50 PM

Guidelines for this se

Get that error from time to time, would just like to know exactly what it means? Usually i have to wait for another person to post in that topic for me to be able to see the topic...

So yeah, anyone else get this and know what its about?

SurviveIt 06-07-2010 10:11 PM

Im sure Kev will correct me if I am wrong, but the merchant section is paid advertising for Q&A about specific products from merchants --- the merchants that advertise here. Other sections you can post what you want, ask questions, even post links to other sites that are not merchants.

So, if you bring up product questions in a specific merchant section, when that product is not carried by that merchant, then you run the risk of getting your post moved to the "wanted section".

My personal view on product suggestions is to put them in the wanted section. Or people are alway free to email me or PM me as they do now.

I think the thought here is that there are businessmen out there that unwittingly post thier products and advertise in a section that is paid advertising for an existing merchant. Those that do I would invite to become merchants and support the forum in the right way like the other merchants. Just my 2 cents ...

Mark

alabamapickers 09-19-2011 02:05 PM

I clicked through and paid the Donation via Paypal for a Merchant, but yet it still isn't letting me post in "FOR SALE." Have I done something incorrectly? THANKS! Dusty

97guns 07-10-2012 04:59 PM

can i sell silver here?

kaose 10-07-2012 03:41 PM

sale

so can individuals sell and trade or not or just licensed merchants?

Castle71 12-17-2013 10:31 AM

Is there a place on SB for regular (non merchants) people that just have an item or two they'd like to sell to do so? I only see the merchant stuff. Help please. :)

Castle71 12-20-2013 03:08 PM

^^??Anyone?? :)^^

MikeK 02-05-2014 05:44 PM

C'mon folks. We're survivalists. Attention to our surroundings is a critical survival skill. Right underneath the link to this section it says:

Quote:

Only merchants are able to start threads in this section. Follow this link to sign up for your merchants account.
This should be a clue. :D:

Non merchants can list items in the classified section. The link for that is at the top of the page near the chat room link.

parajarcollective 08-15-2015 11:55 PM

Insightful

globaldataresearch 01-15-2017 12:30 PM

Question about merchants

Hi Kev,

got a question for you - I am unable to PM right now so I am posting here. Does your organization require pre-approval before becoming a paid merchant?

Thanks,
Jonathan