Survivalist Forum

Survivalist Forum (https://www.survivalistboards.com/index.php)
-   Pistol and Revolver Forum (https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Really Excited about the new Hi Point & HK YEET Cannons (https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=920576)

Deadmeat99 06-28-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed70 (Post 19610706)
I personally want to hear more about this mythical HiPoint that will hold 1.5 inch groups at 25 yds, shooting Tulammo (which shoots 2.5 inch groups at 25 yds, at best, from a rest). It intrigues me. Especially since apparently all you need is some JB weld, a Burris Fastfire, and a knowledge of how to work the trigger correctly, to get it done. You'd think guys like Leatham and Miculek would be all over this combo.

The Ultimate Hi-Point

Swamp_Yankee 06-28-2019 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadmeat99 (Post 19610732)
The Ultimate Hi-Point
The Ultimate Hi-Point - YouTube

Now that's a gun I could YEET on.

Israel Putnam 06-28-2019 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YeetSquatch (Post 19610542)
Millenial first person shooter gamers like me are the best hope for saving the 2nd Amendment in the U.S. From what I have read hunting and gun ownership among younger generations was on the decline. It's games like the Battlefield and Call of Duty franchises that have fueled much of the interest in modern firearms among people my age. Those old corrupt guys at the NRA aren't going to do anything so it's up to us gamers to take the 2nd amendment into the 21st Century.

After reading the above, the movie Idiocracy seems more and more like a foreboding tale of the actual future of the human race and not just an outlandish example of sophomoric comedy purely for entertainment.

Israel Putnam 06-28-2019 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp_Yankee (Post 19610766)
Now that's a gun I could YEET on.

The OP has yeeted his way right into my ignore list with the rest of the retreads and sock puppet accounts here.

randkl 06-28-2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disturbed70 (Post 19602906)
I would not go so far as to call a HiPoint "accurate," at least not their handguns.

My bro in law said the same til I chased a quart oil can around the back pasture with a mag. Good old Hickok hit the gong many times, too.

Never had a prob with a Hi Point NOT being accurate.

ForgedInTheFlame 06-28-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YeetSquatch (Post 19610542)
Millenial first person shooter gamers like me are the best hope for saving the 2nd Amendment in the U.S. From what I have read hunting and gun ownership among younger generations was on the decline. It's games like the Battlefield and Call of Duty franchises that have fueled much of the interest in modern firearms among people my age. Those old corrupt guys at the NRA aren't going to do anything so it's up to us gamers to take the 2nd amendment into the 21st Century.

Ahh yes, CoD making grizzled vets, one game at a time.

YS and NV are a one-two punch of a absurdity and hilarity.

Not as sophisticated as dusty bones or RD but still amusing in doses.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

randkl 06-28-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajole (Post 19602508)

Yes. 17. Because they are cheap, reliable, accurate, made in America, and I like seeing people’s eyes roll up in their heads when I tell them that.:D:

Only two here. Both JHP 45's. Both mine, and I just stripped one to be sure, but with common ball ammo, and I tried three diff manufacturers (Win, RP, S&B), NONE of the rounds' casings actually touch the feed ramp. The noses of the rounds do and then as they slide up the ramp, they pop out of the mag lips and straighten up as they enter the chamber. I literally can not manually hold a round and get it to rub the feed ramp. I'm not saying the 9mm is diff or the same....like I said, I didn't even know the 9 had a metal feed ramp, I thought it was molded as part of the frame, and 9mm ammo is obviously diff shaped, but I've got maybe 500-700 rounds through one and maybe 200 through the other and no probs with scraping.

One thing for the 45 shooters that most may not know; the Hi Point 40 mags actually fit the .45 and they feed perfectly without incident. They also cost less.

Swamp_Yankee 06-28-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Israel Putnam (Post 19610850)
The OP has yeeted his way right into my ignore list with the rest of the retreads and sock puppet accounts here.

Your use of "yeeted" legitimately made me spit out my coffee haha thanks for that.

Side note about Call of Duty, I took a friend out shooting his first time back in the day. While explaining how to use an AR-15 he looks at me 100% seriously and says.
"Dude I've played enough call of duty to know how this works"

ForgedInTheFlame 06-28-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp_Yankee (Post 19611438)
Your use of "yeeted" legitimately made me spit out my coffee haha thanks for that.

Side note about Call of Duty, I took a friend out shooting his first time back in the day. While explaining how to use an AR-15 he looks at me 100% seriously and says.

Good lord. You can't end that story there lol, what happened next?

Disturbed70 06-28-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randkl (Post 19611186)
My bro in law said the same til I chased a quart oil can around the back pasture with a mag. Good old Hickok hit the gong many times, too.

Never had a prob with a Hi Point NOT being accurate.

Our definitions of "accuracy" vary wildly.

Israel Putnam 06-28-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame (Post 19611446)

Yeah! I know right!?!?

I want to know if he cried like that reporter that time who peed his panties when shooting a powerful AR15 for the first time.

Swamp_Yankee 06-28-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame (Post 19611446)

Long story short call of duty doesn't teach one to work a charging handle. So after he finally was taught how to chamber a round it took him a few minutes of him death gripping the trigger before I clued him in on the safety selector. The rest was pretty uneventful untill I let him shoot a .300 wm
Good times.

justin22885 06-28-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp_Yankee (Post 19611510)
Long story short call of duty doesn't teach one to work a charging handle. So after he finally was taught how to chamber a round it took him a few minutes of him death gripping the trigger before I clued him in on the safety selector. The rest was pretty uneventful untill I let him shoot a .300 wm
Good times.

he didn't ask you "which button is reload?"

ForgedInTheFlame 06-28-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp_Yankee (Post 19611510)

Good times.

Just hilarious!

:thumb:

0002S 06-28-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forgedintheflame (Post 19611202)
ahh yes, cod making grizzled vets, one game at a time.

Ys and nv are the same person.

fixed.......

swamppapa 06-28-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swamp_Yankee (Post 19611438)

if there was a bunker available I would have dug in and told him to have at it.

ForgedInTheFlame 06-28-2019 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0002S (Post 19611756)
fixed.......

Haha I was suspecting this.

Offrink 06-28-2019 03:34 PM

If you lived here you could get a good pistol at a good price.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/101539...e--s-w-m-p-2-0

M&P 2.0 40 cal for $250

ROCK6 06-29-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Auberry (Post 19602156)
Think of the average Hi point owner. Now image they disassembled their firearm. Do you think they could get it back together?

My only addition is that my FFL dealer (Pawn Shop owner) sells a dozens of Hi-Points a month given the local clientele. The worst part is he said he's had a half-dozen returned due to "jams"...all had the bullets backwards in the magazines and nobody knew how to clear the "jam". Incredulous...but hey, at least my FFL dealer only charges me $10 for a transfer:D:

My son actually though Hi-Points would be perfect for the bathroom/toilet tank stash gun...it brings a whole new meaning to having a "pew-pew" pistol:D:

ROCK6

harbinger1972 06-29-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0002S (Post 19611756)
fixed.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame (Post 19611866)
Haha I was suspecting this.

I suspect that to be the case.
We shoulder find out soon as nv gets back from vacation.