Survivalist Forum - Reply to Topic
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Thread: Moderator Applications Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-12-2020 12:39 AM
MTShawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
Yeah, You guys need 3-5 more imo. You have made a good start so far though
Too many is a negative. We tried that before. Slow and calculated is best IMO.
Then again, in the old days I could not remove Mods.
01-11-2020 09:51 PM
A_SonofLiberty Yeah, You guys need 3-5 more imo. You have made a good start so far though
01-11-2020 09:49 PM
MTShawn Thanks all, we will probably be adding a few more.
12-26-2019 07:18 PM
repete Well, it looks like there are more than enough applicants, but what the heck. I have been a moderator and administrator on several forums (not all at once) and believe I can enforce the rules fairly. I believe I have above average financial knowledge and may be most useful there. Thanks.
12-07-2019 06:05 PM
Aceoky Yes congratulations to you! Looks like we'll have an awesome team here!
12-07-2019 05:59 AM
GrizzlyetteAdams Congrats Cannonfoddertfc! Now we can be brand-new partners in crime, lol.

Spammers and slammers, look out!



.
12-06-2019 07:41 PM
PeterWiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
I 2nd the nomination of everyone's favorite poster, Harmless Drudge.
3rd.

I know they selected a mod, but might as well add another. Can't hurt.
12-06-2019 07:39 PM
PeterWiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteandfuzzybunnies View Post
I am the head admin for 2 large Facebook groups. One with 14k members.

Iíd be willing to help out.
Thanks: 0

?
12-06-2019 05:00 PM
GrizzlyetteAdams Thanks, Aceoky!

I'm tickled to be in a better position than I was a few weeks ago to be useful to anyone (outside of work, lol).


.
12-06-2019 08:56 AM
Aceoky A huge & heartfelt congratulations to our newest mod GrizzletteAdams! I'm confident you will do an awesome job !
12-05-2019 01:48 PM
Aceoky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfountain2 View Post
Itís an ongoing process, we look at post history, infractions, etc of each person and Kev contacts them to see if they really want it. So far just one has made the cut but itís not because the others arenít still in the running, itís because some of us are old and slow....
Totally understand , I was curious and thank you for the quick reply!
12-04-2019 12:06 PM
~Black.Dog~ I have to confess that I have considered tossing my hat in the ring here. I've had some experience with the job before but it's been several years ago. Though it can be stressful when things get controversial, I enjoyed being a part of it.
I have not offered here for a couple of reasons that I feel disqualify me. First, I almost never use my laptop or any machine other than my phone anymore. I access the forum through Tapatalk and so would not be able to access Mod functions without changing my M.O.. Second, I am concerned about whether I could detach myself enough from some topics that get me spun up occasionally. Thirdly, there are times when I need to focus my attention on business, though less and less as time goes on. None probably insurmountable but they are what has kept me away from offering to help out.
If you are considering but are on the fence for your own reasons, think some more and maybe offer yourself. You are probably more qualified than you think you are.
It is a thankless job, for sure, but in it's own way can be rewarding. It's pretty cool to be part of something like this at this level.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
12-04-2019 10:45 AM
jfountain2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
When will these changes actually take place?
Itís an ongoing process, we look at post history, infractions, etc of each person and Kev contacts them to see if they really want it. So far just one has made the cut but itís not because the others arenít still in the running, itís because some of us are old and slow....
12-04-2019 08:50 AM
Aceoky When will these changes actually take place?
11-22-2019 12:47 PM
PeterEnergy I 2nd the nomination of everyone's favorite poster, Harmless Drudge.
11-21-2019 10:18 PM
Harmless Drudge I'll throw my hat into the ring, if you still need moderators.

- I have never put anyone on "ignore," because, even when I disagree with someone's opinion, I believe they should always be given the benefit of the doubt that their next contribution might be worthwhile.

- I have no nemeses. In fact, I try to objectively give credit where it's due, thanking posts that deserve it by people with whom I have disagreed in other threads.

- For someone who has been a member here for a decade and made tens of thousands of posts, I have very few infractions.

- I like to imagine that my posts contribute to maintaining the expected decorum on this site.

If you still need moderators, and you believe I have the correct temperament, I am available.
11-21-2019 02:38 PM
CONELRAD I'm willing to help out too. Throw my name in the ring.
11-20-2019 12:44 PM
Sharkbait
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
We are accepting applications for moderators. If someone wishes to apply post a reply to this thread.

Please include why you think you would make a good moderator.
If you really need some help I'll do it. I will not suffer fools.
Probably not not the best moderator material
Army Cook 4 years carpenter for 35.
There's a reason they made me the foreman
11-19-2019 12:54 PM
jfountain2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromptCritical View Post
I trust that the new moderator will be named publicly here. I know moderators police the board, however I don't know specifically what moderators do, but are the duties delegated? Example: If I have issue "A" do I need to go through a specific moderator to solve my problem with issue "A"?

Can you give me a 'behind the scenes' explanations as to what the moderators do? I have a long standing problem, but don't want to be a pain in the ass to get it resolved. If I know what happens back stage maybe I can get a better idea as to how to solve it.
Moderators have a little tag below their name that says moderator (staff have staff) and you can contact us through pm's or post a thread in https://www.survivalistboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

All threads started in that section are only visible to the person starting the thread and the mods/staff/admins

If you or anyone see's a post or thread you feel violates a rule just click the red and white triangle at the top right corner of every post. It will send an email to every mod and we will deal with it as soon as we can.

You can view a list of all the admins, mods and staff here... (skip the first section called moderators, those are the approved merchants and they only have access to their specific section where they advertise, the forum moderators are listed as super moderators) https://www.survivalistboards.com/showgroups.php


also... just type curse words out like they are spelled and let the word filter do it's job.
11-17-2019 11:23 PM
PromptCritical I trust that the new moderator will be named publicly here. I know moderators police the board, however I don't know specifically what moderators do, but are the duties delegated? Example: If I have issue "A" do I need to go through a specific moderator to solve my problem with issue "A"?

Can you give me a 'behind the scenes' explanations as to what the moderators do? I have a long standing problem, but don't want to be a pain in the @$$ to get it resolved. If I know what happens back stage maybe I can get a better idea as to how to solve it.
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net