Survivalist Forum - Reply to Topic
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Thread: Houston to lay off 400 firemen. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
05-12-2019 09:50 AM
WilliamAshley
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman000 View Post
And as to your assertion that I’m “nagging” you.

I’m not the one **** spraying post all over this forum. I’m engaging you on 1 post that wasn’t started by you. Simply cease to engage me here and I won’t come across your slope skulled, mouth breathing, smooth brained excuse of a person again.

But your self absorbed, narcissistic, ego centered view of the world won’t allow you to do that. You’ll continue to respond to me because you lack any sort of self control if your pathetic excuse for an ego feels challenged. You’ll continue to respond because you can’t help yourself.

BTW, getting butt hurt over a forum shows the emotional maturity of a child.

My contribution to this thread is holding your feet to the fire. You continually make ridiculous one sentence assertions, and contend SJW is a logically sound philosophy. Bold pronouncements such as this require actual fact to back it up. I realize you career as a “bouncer” may not have prepared you for this but that is how things work in adult land.

There is no such thing as your truth or my truth. There is only truth aka fact. That is a basic rule Someone in an engineering program should already know.

Oh yeah, fook Che.
You are still obsessing with character attacks, seriously. You know who isn't being mature here. You.
You offer nothing to this thread but derailment of a topic and irate ranting.
05-12-2019 12:11 AM
penguinman000 A series on one sentence responses...I must be psychic.

I challenge a very specific contention you made, give supporting evidence I don’t think was considered and you refuse to answer.

That is the intellectual act of a weak minded coward.
05-11-2019 11:59 PM
penguinman000 And as to your assertion that I’m “nagging” you.

I’m not the one **** spraying post all over this forum. I’m engaging you on 1 post that wasn’t started by you. Simply cease to engage me here and I won’t come across your slope skulled, mouth breathing, smooth brained excuse of a person again.

But your self absorbed, narcissistic, ego centered view of the world won’t allow you to do that. You’ll continue to respond to me because you lack any sort of self control if your pathetic excuse for an ego feels challenged. You’ll continue to respond because you can’t help yourself.

BTW, getting butt hurt over a forum shows the emotional maturity of a child.

My contribution to this thread is holding your feet to the fire. You continually make ridiculous one sentence assertions, and contend SJW is a logically sound philosophy. Bold pronouncements such as this require actual fact to back it up. I realize you career as a “bouncer” may not have prepared you for this but that is how things work in adult land.

There is no such thing as your truth or my truth. There is only truth aka fact. That is a basic rule Someone in an engineering program should already know.

Oh yeah, fook Che.
05-11-2019 11:40 PM
WilliamAshley
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman000 View Post
Ok Billy. You don’t want me addressing your contradictory assertions about Latin America. You don’t like me pointing out the absurd (there’s another word you can look up and attempt to parrot back) points of view you have. Ok.

I apologize if I have offended you. Let’s get back on track with some of your early assertions you had on this thread.
Are you still trying to bait me? Seriously?

Quote:
How about you explain how you came to the very specific number of 1 cop to every 10 criminals.
Hows this you explain your perfect ratio and I'll tell you my secret of how I got that number.


Quote:
What population base is that predicated upon?

What kind of crimes are going on in the hypothetical jurisdiction?

What is the ratio of misdemeanors to felonies to violent felonies? What is the relationship between man hours between a misdemeanor, felony and violent felony?

If that’s a manageable case load, how long does it take to get through a case. How did you calculate court time? Does that include all of the inevitable continuances that are granted and require the tax paying citizens to pony up the cash for a cop to sit in court for no reason?

Should I continue? Do you want to concede you are in the intellectual kiddy pool; or are you going to move the goal post again?
Oh by all means continue. I'm still waiting to hear your perfect ratio.
05-11-2019 11:25 PM
penguinman000 Ok Billy. You don’t want me addressing your contradictory assertions about Latin America. You don’t like me pointing out the absurd (there’s another word you can look up and attempt to parrot back) points of view you have. Ok.

I apologize if I have offended you. Let’s get back on track with some of your early assertions you had on this thread.

How about you explain how you came to the very specific number of 1 cop to every 10 criminals.

What population base is that predicated upon?

What kind of crimes are going on in the hypothetical jurisdiction?

What is the ratio of misdemeanors to felonies to violent felonies? What is the relationship between man hours between a misdemeanor, felony and violent felony?

If that’s a manageable case load, how long does it take to get through a case. How did you calculate court time? Does that include all of the inevitable continuances that are granted and require the tax paying citizens to pony up the cash for a cop to sit in court for no reason?

Should I continue? Do you want to concede you are in the intellectual kiddy pool; or are you going to move the goal post again?




I’m kidding. We already know your answer.


It will be a combination of one sentence remarks that are the intellectual equivalent of “nuhuh” and refusing to acknowledge you ever made the original statements.

Frankly I’ll be shocked if you haven’t already denied that you made the ludicrous assertion of 1:10 (officers:criminals).

I’m sitting with baited breath to read your “response”.
05-11-2019 10:25 PM
WilliamAshley
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman000 View Post
Billy-selective quotes out of context, changing the goal post and ignoring your previous statements are stark signs of your ignorance and intellectual refusal/lack of ability to learn to learn.
Are you just Obsessive compulsive to nag? You got nothing to teach me mate other than how to be a goon who lacks respect for people's request not to be nagged.


Quote:
You are refractory to reason, the moment you are engaged in a manner that clearly demonstrates your weak intellectual position you choose to ignore the points of argument you have no response to.
Clearly trolling. Nah I got a response, why don't you bugger off rather than flamebaiting.

Quote:

For example I don’t know how much more clearly I can make the point I was a cop but am no longer a cop. Since I actually was a cop I have a POV people who were not cops have (granted, since I don’t view myself as a victim you don’t feel that view point had any credence). Try to keep up with the ebb and flow of conversation. If you can track who is what victim this week as a SJW you should be able to track conversational tense.
Does someone care? Nag, nag, flame bait, deseperate sense of self worth.


Quote:
Your response to me has clearly demonstrated these points. Please don’t reproduce. There are enough people in this world who lack intellectual capacity. Please don’t add to that tidal wave.
Why don't you get a life and bugger off. What exactly are you contributing to the topic with this BS?


Introducing negative sentiments, and hostile associations. Its just a framing of negative context. Total trolling.

Creating of loss of face value in context of discussion. Creating conflict and argument rather than contributing to the topic. Fixated on turning the topic to one about me rather than the original thread.

Again just further reinforcing early comments that you are just here to annoy me. You aren't. I find you pathetic. Its just a reminder how bad this world is off when people like you exist just to nag and attempt to annoy people as your lifes work.
05-11-2019 05:53 PM
penguinman000 Billy-selective quotes out of context, changing the goal post and ignoring your previous statements are stark signs of your ignorance and intellectual refusal/lack of ability to learn to learn.

You are refractory to reason, the moment you are engaged in a manner that clearly demonstrates your weak intellectual position you choose to ignore the points of argument you have no response to.

For example I don’t know how much more clearly I can make the point I was a cop but am no longer a cop. Since I actually was a cop I have a POV people who were not cops have (granted, since I don’t view myself as a victim you don’t feel that view point had any credence). Try to keep up with the ebb and flow of conversation. If you can track who is what victim this week as a SJW you should be able to track conversational tense.

Your response to me has clearly demonstrated these points. Please don’t reproduce. There are enough people in this world who lack intellectual capacity. Please don’t add to that tidal wave.
05-11-2019 04:04 PM
AZ_HighCountry I wish everyone would just quit quoting him then I don't have to read those hobbled together ramblings.
05-10-2019 10:49 PM
WilliamAshley
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman000 View Post
Billy-Where to start….I’ll start with your shortest and most demonstrative indication of your “intellect”. FU.

Wow, what a reasoned response! Well thought out and articulate. As opposed to finding a flaw in my argument you result to short hand for curse words. Bravo for articulating my point (that you are weak intellectually and your position is undefendable) better than I ever could.
You are the one here that is trying to provoke by starting your commentary with ad hominem "Quote:
Since you clearly lack the intellectual chops "

Dude you expect some response other than screw off when you engage starting with that.

Quote:
As to your assertion about Latino culture. While the terms Hispanic and Latino are often used interchangeably, Hispanic more properly refers to European’s who speak Spanish and Latino refers to those who speak Spanish in North, South, Central America and the Caribbean. Perhaps check Encyclopedia Britannica for a definition of the word you are throwing about (yet again you are using words you don’t understand…) https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...nic-and-latino
Keep talking nonsense. Your assertion that Latin America isn't a unified cultural identity is totally contrary to the very concept itself. Now you are trying to talk around something that is very simple to see and understand. Then you claim that there is an absence of logic. You are digging to find fault in character and demonstrate it, pathetically so.


Quote:
Or if you were outside of your own little racist bubble
Again just nonsense to state racism here just more flame bait to start some nonsensical line of personal attacks and false light defamation.




Quote:
and interacted with people outside of your narrow view of humanity you might be afforded the opportunity to have other people educate you in sane ways. For example, I dated and am married to a Latina from DR. Her father and mother were there during Trujillo’s reign (Not to be confused with Torrijos from Panama). They have taught me a ton about their culture because I asked and LISTENED to their response. If I hadn’t recognized others have something to teach me, I would not be in a happy, productive and stable marriage. I definitely would not be financially successful in a real career.
That is great, what the hell does that have to do with firefighters? Am I suppose to care who you have dated?


Quote:
Just because you read the Cliff’s notes of “Confessions of an Economic Hitman” does not mean you are a subject matter expert on Latino/a (not Hispanic, please pay attention) culture. You do recognize that they don’t speak Spanish in Brazil, right? I know its on the same continent as a lot of Spanish speaking countries but they aren’t the same. Just like the current instability in Venezuela isn’t affecting Peru the same as its affecting Columbia. (by the way DR is the Dominican Republic and it’s an island in the Caribbean; it’s not located in South or Central America)
Now to your very weak attempt at attacking me personally. I am not currently a cop. I was a cop. Please pay attention to the tense of words I use. In the adult world, where people actually have real jobs, they occasionally move from one job/career field to the next when their personal/professional desires are no longer being met.
Hold on you are still trying to argue that Latin America isn't a unified cultural identity? Yes part of makes latin America is speaking a latin language as you identified they all speak latin languages. What is your point?




Quote:
I clarified because you were referring to me as “officer” in the present tense. I am not currently a cop. I was a cop. I applied, was selected, passed the academy (honor graduate actually), completed FTO and worked as a law enforcement officer. I was also in the military for 20 years. If you want to accuse someone of stolen valor please perform a modicum of due diligence. Ask questions. What amendment of the Constitution is the focus of the police academy? How many courses of fire did you have to complete to pass? When do you Mirandize suspects? Simply throwing out an accusation without context/basis is intellectual laziness that would make a millennial blush.
OK great you aren't a cop. Again I simply said you wagging the veteran flag and LEO flag, has me be suspicious as it just comes off as trying to buy cred by big talk. People don't need to create an allusion of who they are unless they have ulterior motives. Again, I'm not going to engage in doing detective work to find out if you are someone who is putting out stolen valour but I'm not going to weigh whatsoever that you claim to have been a cop or in the military, that means nothing, what matters is the value of the information you provide, not the illusion of who you are that you create, anyone can do that. Cons and undercover and others lie about who they are all the time, often to effect people in bad ways by building trust and rapport that they wouldn't have if they didn't play the profession card.


Quote:
I’m sure the large block of instruction, combined with extensive real-world experience you got in policing while a security “professional” will help you with figuring out how to ask those kinds of questions.
I have no clue what you are getting on at here and how it is relevant to a thread on firefighter layoffs. It is so utterly off topic. Again turning the topic into one about me so you can launch personal attacks is just another affront of the netstalking banner. You are personalizing this for no reason at all as I have no interest in engaging you on a personal level, have stated as much previously, and this is clearly just to keep me talking to launch more personal attacks, any idiot can see that.



Quote:
I know you
you don't know jack squat. You are just trying to incite here by putting words in my mouth and painting me with you as an authority on myself, when you aren't. Here is your negative reaction to create negative sentiments. Screw off.


Quote:
believe feelings are facts but to be successful in life you have to play by adult rules. This means actually putting forth real effort to learn and allow your ideas to be challenged. It also means using basic logic.
Basic logic is you are a goon, and you should screw off.


Quote:
As far as why I wouldn’t be forthright with my personal views as a cop? I suspect even you know the answer to that. Since you are playing dense, I’ll spoon feed you.
You just said you aren't a cop so why even play the cop card.


Quote:
First off, as a servant of the community
Dude, you just said you work for an engineering firm, where the hell is the logic in your line of thought. Your logic here is crackheaded in even engaging on that line.


Quote:
(which is how the most of the cops I knew/know viewed themselves) my duties didn’t include airing/acting on my personal views. If you want to spout your personal views whenever/however you want don’t wear a badge. Cops represent the entire community, not just those they personally agree with. The biggest lesson I learned from my brief time in law enforcement was “There but for the Grace of God go I.” Most people who run afoul of the law are normal folks having a bad day. There are the select few who are just dirtbags but even they are afforded Constitutional protections. A policeman is a community servant, not an ideolog.
Go ahead play that illusion but you can't erase bias. Sure there buddy. Cops are individuals in uniform that have policies that direct them. Like any other job. They can often get away with more policy breaches but there are hard rules and boys club in some cases. Its a job.


Quote:
Secondly, low income, high crime areas don’t want the unvarnished truth. They want to believe that all bad outcomes of crime are the result of police. Because accepting they bear a responsibility for their communities and lives means they can’t play the victim card (as a SJW belief holder you should be familiar with line of thought. It’s centered around identifying as a victim, not being accountable or accepting reality)
You are such an ignorant bastard. Again you have no clue what social justice is about.

Quote:
Your son was naked, high on PCP and attacked a baby? Then the cops had to physically restrain him resulting in his injury? Clearly the fault of the police. Ok, that’s kind a hypothetical, I took a recent event and tweaked it. How about we look at a real case currently going on.
What the hell does this have to do with social justice again, a totally misdirected analogy. This is just poisoning the uneducated to create false contexts to the principal of social justice by creating an outrageous context when most social justice issues involve abuse of people who wield power over disenfranchised people that systemic imbalances that create inequalities in society such that people do not have equal de facto legal, social and economic capacities, such that the system, particularly the legal system is much harder and unfair on those people. I'd love to hear why you think the situation you referenced involves social justice issues.

Quote:
How about if your angel was burglarizing a home in the middle of the day, while carrying a firearm, runs from the cops, turned toward them when they were chasing him as if he is going to point the weapon at them, gets shot, the body cam footage backs up everything, the firearm is recovered off of him, a jury of his peers finds him guilty, and sentences him to 6 years.
Then the cop gets indicted for 2 felonies for shooting the armed felon by a prosecutor who only cares about being reelected by a citizenry who constantly complain about the state of their city and hate cops. That cop is potentially facing life in prison for doing everything right. But hey, he deserves it. He made the mistake of having the wrong skin tone while trying to serve a community in need and wearing a badge.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DISCUSSION ON FIREFIGHTER LAYOFFS. Again you can't stay on topic at all.




Quote:
I’m not gang stalking. I’m a singular person (and not in the SJW silliness method of playing with pronouns). I’m not a member of a state intelligence agency determined to make you look crazy. I’m simply pointing out your lack of ability to reason or use logic. And your responses simply continue to prove my point.

Lastly, I currently work for an international engineering firm. I sincerely hope, for your own sake, you don’t take this same “I’m not here to learn, I’m here to educate you” stance you currently have. Because if you do you sure aren’t going to be very successful. They may put up with you doing grunt work (such as a field engineer because they can send you away) but you will never see any sort of career progression if your attitude in person is remotely close to what you present on this board.
ok great how about you stop engaging me personally or launching ad hominems against me then, and we can go on about our merry ways.
05-10-2019 10:37 PM
Ankylus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamAshley View Post
3600 firefighters is still a lot of manpower.

how many fires does Houston have regularly?

How does the 10% reduction effect their ability to fight fires?


Critically examining the issue though, it doesn't relate to refugees create shortfall. OP is probably just a closet racist.

The city voted to raise firefighters salaries, and as a result has layed off 10% of them due to the salary increases.

Simple math here, if you want to raise city workers incomes you got to raise city taxes. You can't raise salaries and not raise taxes unless you reduce the workforce.

Simple concept.

The addition of some idea of "refugees" from California, to explain a shortfall, actually relates to the city not raising taxes but raising salary levels of city workers.

Your assessment is nonsense.


Also immigration from another US state isn't refugees, the word association game there shows contempt for other Americans of being refugees in their own country. Maybe you didn't notice California is overpopulated.


The sheer implication that 1000 refugees per year relocating to a city of 2 and a half million people is breaking the bank, or that these refugees aren't contributing to the economy in Houston, and are all unemployed is a bit of a stretch.

True a quarter of houstons population was born outside the US but that is not to say that this is new or happened overnight so would not explain how a shortfall happened just this year. Again, closet racism and xenophobia.

I get it. Please look into the growth of the first generation americans in Houston before you say they caused the deficit, look at employment figures for first generation americans. The premise that these people don't work or contribute to the economy is pretty bad. The refugee population is really small. If you can go back 40 years at 1000 per year this gets to the number you are looking for, it does add up but you can't say that this years deficit was caused by refugees. About 1/3rd of the US population is first or second genereation americans. Houston is above average but linking that to a budget shortfall doesn't take into consideration other cities that have budget shortfalls. Take Detroit for example, people were moving out of there in droves.

Now it is true they have higher unemployment rate than non first and second generation Americans but that is because they are still a little alien, have bad English and may hbe employment barriers due to qualifications not directly transferring. Still well over 8 in 10 first and second generation americans are employed contributing to the economy. Stereotyping the majority for a very small minority isn't all that useful.

You are going to need to put down to demonstrate that point.

Even if you were to give all the new refugees for the year $40,000 annual salaries at taxpayer expense that is still 40 million, and that doesn't explain your deficit.

Totally does not reflect the situation in texas to claim handouts by the city are causing a 200 million deficit just pure nonsense

https://www.texastribune.org/2017/12...efits-qualify/
I just wish you knew even half of what you think you know.
05-10-2019 10:14 PM
Ankylus Well, Mayor Turner told everybody before the election that we just got the pension situation ironed out and if the voters approved the pay raise for the firefighters he was going to have to lay a bunch of them off. (Technically, the vote was to put the firefighter pay on a par with the police officers' pay.) So, the voters then voted in the pay raise without a funding source. And then the Mayor did just as he said he would have to do and lay off the firefighters.

And people are surprised and upset?

The people of Houston have nobody to blame but themselves. Stupid is as stupid does.
05-10-2019 09:59 PM
Steve_In_29
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
Oh, is he crying because you hurt his feelings?

Last time I got frustrated on a thread I simply stepped out.

After all, WA is a fireman who lives in Houston, so has lots to offer on the original subject.

He so badly wants to be seen as the expert, like Jerry Young. So he puts up walls of spam in the hopes it will impress other posters. It doesn't, half the time it offends one person or another who ends up putting him on ignore. Yet he persists.

I stay out of the gun forums because I know nothing on the subject. I am smart enough to know that.
Nothing wrong with knowing nothing as long as you don't try to act as if you know everything. Visiting gun (and other forums) is a great way to educate yourself.
05-09-2019 05:07 PM
AZ_HighCountry
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman000 View Post
AZ-I popped in on that thread. The stupidity on there hurt to read. The quote that stood out (from our Mensa candidate on this thread I believe) was 4 decades isn’t a long enough time frame to wreck an industry.....

Apparently Peter Drucker was an idiot. This dude should be chairing the Harvard School for Business. He is the Legal/social/economic Hawking.

Apparently people don’t bother to use the public library or Wikipedia anymore.....
Oh he's a genius alright and yes, Drucker and some of the other management gurus clearly didn't know what they were thinking either. I did notice he's been a little silent since my debunking of his bizarre assertion that China doesn't need the US.

It's not hard to do a little intelligent research in the Age of the Internet. And, most smart people don't rely solely on Wikipedia. It's not without bias either.
05-08-2019 11:27 PM
penguinman000 AZ-I popped in on that thread. The stupidity on there hurt to read. The quote that stood out (from our Mensa candidate on this thread I believe) was 4 decades isn’t a long enough time frame to wreck an industry.....

Apparently Peter Drucker was an idiot. This dude should be chairing the Harvard School for Business. He is the Legal/social/economic Hawking.

Apparently people don’t bother to use the public library or Wikipedia anymore.....
05-08-2019 10:25 PM
penguinman000 Billy-Where to start….I’ll start with your shortest and most demonstrative indication of your “intellect”. FU.

Wow, what a reasoned response! Well thought out and articulate. As opposed to finding a flaw in my argument you result to short hand for curse words. Bravo for articulating my point (that you are weak intellectually and your position is undefendable) better than I ever could.

As to your assertion about Latino culture. While the terms Hispanic and Latino are often used interchangeably, Hispanic more properly refers to European’s who speak Spanish and Latino refers to those who speak Spanish in North, South, Central America and the Caribbean. Perhaps check Encyclopedia Britannica for a definition of the word you are throwing about (yet again you are using words you don’t understand…) https://www.britannica.com/story/wha...nic-and-latino

Or if you were outside of your own little racist bubble and interacted with people outside of your narrow view of humanity you might be afforded the opportunity to have other people educate you in sane ways. For example, I dated and am married to a Latina from DR. Her father and mother were there during Trujillo’s reign (Not to be confused with Torrijos from Panama). They have taught me a ton about their culture because I asked and LISTENED to their response. If I hadn’t recognized others have something to teach me, I would not be in a happy, productive and stable marriage. I definitely would not be financially successful in a real career.

Just because you read the Cliff’s notes of “Confessions of an Economic Hitman” does not mean you are a subject matter expert on Latino/a (not Hispanic, please pay attention) culture. You do recognize that they don’t speak Spanish in Brazil, right? I know its on the same continent as a lot of Spanish speaking countries but they aren’t the same. Just like the current instability in Venezuela isn’t affecting Peru the same as its affecting Columbia. (by the way DR is the Dominican Republic and it’s an island in the Caribbean; it’s not located in South or Central America)
Now to your very weak attempt at attacking me personally. I am not currently a cop. I was a cop. Please pay attention to the tense of words I use. In the adult world, where people actually have real jobs, they occasionally move from one job/career field to the next when their personal/professional desires are no longer being met.

I clarified because you were referring to me as “officer” in the present tense. I am not currently a cop. I was a cop. I applied, was selected, passed the academy (honor graduate actually), completed FTO and worked as a law enforcement officer. I was also in the military for 20 years. If you want to accuse someone of stolen valor please perform a modicum of due diligence. Ask questions. What amendment of the Constitution is the focus of the police academy? How many courses of fire did you have to complete to pass? When do you Mirandize suspects? Simply throwing out an accusation without context/basis is intellectual laziness that would make a millennial blush.

I’m sure the large block of instruction, combined with extensive real-world experience you got in policing while a security “professional” will help you with figuring out how to ask those kinds of questions.

I know you believe feelings are facts but to be successful in life you have to play by adult rules. This means actually putting forth real effort to learn and allow your ideas to be challenged. It also means using basic logic.
As far as why I wouldn’t be forthright with my personal views as a cop? I suspect even you know the answer to that. Since you are playing dense, I’ll spoon feed you.

First off, as a servant of the community (which is how the most of the cops I knew/know viewed themselves) my duties didn’t include airing/acting on my personal views. If you want to spout your personal views whenever/however you want don’t wear a badge. Cops represent the entire community, not just those they personally agree with. The biggest lesson I learned from my brief time in law enforcement was “There but for the Grace of God go I.” Most people who run afoul of the law are normal folks having a bad day. There are the select few who are just dirtbags but even they are afforded Constitutional protections. A policeman is a community servant, not an ideolog.

Secondly, low income, high crime areas don’t want the unvarnished truth. They want to believe that all bad outcomes of crime are the result of police. Because accepting they bear a responsibility for their communities and lives means they can’t play the victim card (as a SJW belief holder you should be familiar with line of thought. It’s centered around identifying as a victim, not being accountable or accepting reality)

Your son was naked, high on PCP and attacked a baby? Then the cops had to physically restrain him resulting in his injury? Clearly the fault of the police. Ok, that’s kind a hypothetical, I took a recent event and tweaked it. How about we look at a real case currently going on.

How about if your angel was burglarizing a home in the middle of the day, while carrying a firearm, runs from the cops, turned toward them when they were chasing him as if he is going to point the weapon at them, gets shot, the body cam footage backs up everything, the firearm is recovered off of him, a jury of his peers finds him guilty, and sentences him to 6 years.
Then the cop gets indicted for 2 felonies for shooting the armed felon by a prosecutor who only cares about being reelected by a citizenry who constantly complain about the state of their city and hate cops. That cop is potentially facing life in prison for doing everything right. But hey, he deserves it. He made the mistake of having the wrong skin tone while trying to serve a community in need and wearing a badge.

That’s why I wouldn’t speak freely when I was wearing a badge. Wearing a badge is also akin to wearing a target (in more ways than one and from all sides).

I’m not gang stalking. I’m a singular person (and not in the SJW silliness method of playing with pronouns). I’m not a member of a state intelligence agency determined to make you look crazy. I’m simply pointing out your lack of ability to reason or use logic. And your responses simply continue to prove my point.

Lastly, I currently work for an international engineering firm. I sincerely hope, for your own sake, you don’t take this same “I’m not here to learn, I’m here to educate you” stance you currently have. Because if you do you sure aren’t going to be very successful. They may put up with you doing grunt work (such as a field engineer because they can send you away) but you will never see any sort of career progression if your attitude in person is remotely close to what you present on this board.
05-08-2019 09:21 PM
AZ_HighCountry
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinman000 View Post
I don't have much of a social life right now. I'm working away from my family (my wife is a Latina, I'm sure that will melt his brain) so my entertainment comes from reading, Netflix and the gym. This is the only social media type site I visit, I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about that....

As an aside, if you read you should really check out Chernow, his biography on Washington was great (the truth, warts and all) and I'm currently reading his biography about Grant. Despite the musical Hamilton, his books get high marks from me. Seems to be a historian without an axe to grind, calls it like he sees it.
I'm dealing with a regurgitator in another thread. Another entertaining individual. But this one.....well, check out the "Venezuela is coming apart" thread. I am starting to believe there may be some parallels with AOC in the study of economics.
05-08-2019 08:51 PM
penguinman000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Still responding to the perennial student?

Sad.
I don't have much of a social life right now. I'm working away from my family (my wife is a Latina, I'm sure that will melt his brain) so my entertainment comes from reading, Netflix and the gym. This is the only social media type site I visit, I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about that....

As an aside, if you read you should really check out Chernow, his biography on Washington was great (the truth, warts and all) and I'm currently reading his biography about Grant. Despite the musical Hamilton, his books get high marks from me. Seems to be a historian without an axe to grind, calls it like he sees it.
05-08-2019 07:01 PM
Kalifornia Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by benson56 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-p...ire-department

So Houston's influx of Katrina & Hispanic refugees is already taking ahold. $197 million budget shortfall.

Fixed it ^
05-08-2019 06:21 PM
ThunderStryke William Ashley’s reply to a valid debate point: “fu”


Seriously, had could you not be tempted to reply to such an intelligent, well-stated, and articulate view point such as that??
05-08-2019 02:05 PM
AZ_HighCountry Still responding to the perennial student?

Sad.
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net