Survivalist Forum - Reply to Topic
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files


Notices

Advertise Here
Thread: Lady faced 14 year jail sentence in Australia for having pepper spray. Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Survivalist Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Gender
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
11-16-2018 02:26 AM
Colt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlin94 View Post
He is an anti gun Aussie dont pay him any mind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
He's a troll. He just comes here to heckle the pro-gun crowd and Americans in general. He doesn't do anything else here. He's not a survivalist and doesn't participate in survivalist discussions.
11-15-2018 08:49 PM
Marlin94
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
What are you trying to say here?
He is an anti gun Aussie dont pay him any mind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
11-15-2018 08:43 PM
hawk55732
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
It is also legal for cops to shoot you when you use a gun.
Or even when you don't and just run.

Because you need a gun to defend your parking space.
Or even to keep some rubbish bin space.

Because owning a gun is your right. So I can assume you are armed in any fight.

And if about your gun you brag, means I just call in a swat or red flag.
What are you trying to say here?
11-15-2018 08:16 PM
dontbuypotteryfromme
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsBravesHawks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
Because there is more reporting of crime when you have a better run police force.

Democratic republic of Congo they are raping whole villages. But you think Australia has physically more rape?

And apparently it also depends what list you use. Here we are at No 8 and you at No 3.

Probably because the women have been made defenceless by your government.

https://www.wonderslist.com/top-10-c...m-rape-crimes/
it's actually legal for our women to fight back, use a gun, pepper spray, etc...we are still clinging to our ability to protect ourselves. Unfortunately you guys gave up your rights, without a fight, I thought you might, and now you have spite, but someday will see the light. DAMNNNNNNNN what a freakin poet I am [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/xeye.gif[/IMG]
It is also legal for cops to shoot you when you use a gun.
Or even when you don't and just run.

Because you need a gun to defend your parking space.
Or even to keep some rubbish bin space.

Because owning a gun is your right. So I can assume you are armed in any fight.

And if about your gun you brag, means I just call in a swat or red flag.
11-15-2018 02:11 PM
FalconsBravesHawks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
Because there is more reporting of crime when you have a better run police force.

Democratic republic of Congo they are raping whole villages. But you think Australia has physically more rape?

And apparently it also depends what list you use. Here we are at No 8 and you at No 3.

Probably because the women have been made defenceless by your government.

https://www.wonderslist.com/top-10-c...m-rape-crimes/
it's actually legal for our women to fight back, use a gun, pepper spray, etc...we are still clinging to our ability to protect ourselves. Unfortunately you guys gave up your rights, without a fight, I thought you might, and now you have spite, but someday will see the light. DAMNNNNNNNN what a freakin poet I am
11-15-2018 02:02 PM
schooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarco2000 View Post
Great post and worth repeating.

It's sad that most Aussies and Brits look down their noses at us Americans because we choose to be free .
Not this Aussie mate!
11-15-2018 01:58 PM
schooner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim from 28DaysLater View Post
Was checking out some non-lethal weapons stuff lately, and saw a claim that typical pepper spray has a 30% failure rate.

Then was looking at one of my pepper sprays to try to find the brand, and all it's got are the letters "USA" on it. Also was sold with no expiration date, but I wanted it because it's supposed to be a stronger formula than Mace.

Then I just thought, is this a great metaphor for the USA?? Destined to expire, but you don't know exactly when, and merely a pepper spray-- that's ineffective 30% of the time-- and not a more effective weapon?!?!?

We were told in training that OC works on "80% of people, 80% of the time".
10-07-2018 09:49 AM
sonya1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
Safety for women is a hard statistic as for example women are more likely to report rapes in safer countries. But then that country has more rape reports.
I don't think just looking at statistics is a good way of looking at this issue. There are many ignorant liberal women in the US, that won't defend themselves. They don't own a gun, they don't know how to use one, they don't want to. They don't have pepper spray and they think nothing bad will ever happen to them. They are ALLOWED to defend themselves, but they don't. It's not fair to include women like that in statistics. You can't fix stupid.
10-07-2018 09:45 AM
sonya1 I am so glad I don't live in a country where you are not allowed to defend yourself!! I don't like everything in the US, but 2A is on top of the list of things I do like. Not even allowed pepper spray?! WTF?!

I got into a huge argument with the sister of my best friend in Germany a few months ago on a visit. She told me she thinks nobody should be allowed to own guns. I asked her how she would defend herself if she needed to. She had no good answer to that. She went as far as saying she would visit Syria (WTF???) before she ever set foot in the US. Not half an hour later she worried about her teenage daughter walking home alone.
You can't win an argument with people like that. They are just incapable of thinking rationally.

(funny thing, her sister, my friend, told me later that her husband has a gun license and owns a few, but she made me promise not to tell her sister :-)
10-07-2018 09:26 AM
dontbuypotteryfromme Safety for women is a hard statistic as for example women are more likely to report rapes in safer countries. But then that country has more rape reports.
10-07-2018 08:57 AM
Mr. Sockpuppet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerFAL View Post
That list is pure BS.
So USA is safer (for women ) than Finland, Austria, Ireland, Denmark, etc WOW you dont say?
USA is safer (for women) than Switzerland???
Then please enlighten us with a differing authoritative source. You simply opining upon its accuracy, doesn't reveal anything.
09-19-2018 05:04 AM
FerFAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbersawz View Post
I hear alarm bells of BS when Sweden is ranked at 6, and India is 96.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/the-10...8-1/?r=AU&IR=T

Australia is the world's safest country for a woman, according to analysis by consultancy New World Wealth in its 2018 Global Wealth Migration Review.

The 10 safest countries for women in 2017 were:

1 Australia
2 Malta
3 Iceland
4 New Zealand
5 Canada
6 Poland
7 Monaco
8 Israel
9 USA
10 South Korea
The rankings are based on the percentage of each country's female population that has been a victim of a serious crimes over the past year.
That list is pure BS.
So USA is safer (for women ) than Finland, Austria, Ireland, Denmark, etc WOW you dont say?
USA is safer (for women) than Switzerland???
09-19-2018 12:30 AM
Nomad, 2nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
And the glock is just in case you have an issue with a parking space?

Any list of most free countries we consistantly rate high top ten, top five in the word.

So you are rating your own freedom in some sort of irrational way that nobody else does while not scoring that high in what is almost a universal consensus of freedom.

I mean free to take weapons in to a court room seems kind of irresponsible to me.
Yes, if a bear or other animal wants to park itself on top of me.
...but it'll also work if a 2 legged animal does same.

You picked 3 things which DID NOT support your position (PD, FD, EMS) AND used them (pretending they did) because you know most people are so used to those services they consider them requirement.
I took that farce away from you.

...let me guess: you think citizens should be disarmed on airplanes too!


Eta: if you knew anything on the U.S. Constitution you' d know it's function is to place limits on GOVERNMENT... Not people!
(It's the polar OPPOSITE of a 'gov bootheel '
09-18-2018 11:01 PM
dontbuypotteryfromme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
The thing is freedom is complicated and has unexpected consequences.

And so the difference is we use freedom as a tool to effect a better life rather than worship it as an ideal in some sort of extremist way.

So for example let's look at the protection of the state and their boot heel. So that would consist of what. Police, fire and ambulance?

And yes I don't have the freedom to just start my own police force or to win a stand off against them should I disagree with their laws. But I do have the ability to hold the governments police force accountable. I can contact ethics branch or ring my local ombudsman. So even though I am under some sort of ideological boot heel in practical terms I am more free than if we relaxed these restrictions.

Ironically an example of a government boot heel that provides more practical freedom would be a constitution.
Yea, no.

I'm wearing my Glock, cops don't come out here.
Our FD is volunteer, and I was at EMT training tonight to get my dress back.

Ben Franklin:
Those who give up their freedom....


May your chains rest lightly upon you.
And the glock is just in case you have an issue with a parking space?

Any list of most free countries we consistantly rate high top ten, top five in the word.

So you are rating your own freedom in some sort of irrational way that nobody else does while not scoring that high in what is almost a universal consensus of freedom.

I mean free to take weapons in to a court room seems kind of irresponsible to me.
09-18-2018 10:52 PM
Nomad, 2nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
The thing is freedom is complicated and has unexpected consequences.

And so the difference is we use freedom as a tool to effect a better life rather than worship it as an ideal in some sort of extremist way.

So for example let's look at the protection of the state and their boot heel. So that would consist of what. Police, fire and ambulance?

And yes I don't have the freedom to just start my own police force or to win a stand off against them should I disagree with their laws. But I do have the ability to hold the governments police force accountable. I can contact ethics branch or ring my local ombudsman. So even though I am under some sort of ideological boot heel in practical terms I am more free than if we relaxed these restrictions.

Ironically an example of a government boot heel that provides more practical freedom would be a constitution.
Yea, no.

I'm wearing my Glock, cops don't come out here.
Our FD is volunteer, and I was at EMT training tonight to get my creds back.

Ben Franklin:
Those who give up their freedom....


May your chains rest lightly upon you.
09-18-2018 07:40 PM
dontbuypotteryfromme
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarco2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
Specious comparison, medical care, iPhones and Netflix do not have anything to do with rights. To assert otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

Japan has one of the highest life expectancies and personally, I would not want to live in their "free society" with the Yakuza and their police who extract 99% of their convictions through confessions, no thanks.

I'm sorry you're mad, no one likes being told their country sucks and that you are living in a dream world, if you believe the state of affairs in Australia is not an infringement on your God given rights, that in and of itself is troubling...
Great post and worth repeating.

It's sad that most Aussies and Brits look down their noses at us Americans because we choose to be free, rather than have the protection of the State and the bootheel on the neck that comes with it.

They honestly don't know what it's like to live free because they never have.

.
The thing is freedom is complicated and has unexpected consequences.

And so the difference is we use freedom as a tool to effect a better life rather than worship it as an ideal in some sort of extremist way.

So for example let's look at the protection of the state and their boot heel. So that would consist of what. Police, fire and ambulance?

And yes I don't have the freedom to just start my own police force or to win a stand off against them should I disagree with their laws. But I do have the ability to hold the governments police force accountable. I can contact ethics branch or ring my local ombudsman. So even though I am under some sort of ideological boot heel in practical terms I am more free than if we relaxed these restrictions.

Ironically an example of a government boot heel that provides more practical freedom would be a constitution.
09-18-2018 03:43 PM
ajole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sockpuppet View Post
Fixed that for you.

Only a combined 1/3 of rapes, attempted rapes, sexual assaults are ever reported to authorities.
Which is a best guess non-statistic...because if we knew about them to count them, they'd be reported statistics, and thus become uncountable as non-reported.
09-18-2018 02:51 PM
sarco2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser6863 View Post
Specious comparison, medical care, iPhones and Netflix do not have anything to do with rights. To assert otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

Japan has one of the highest life expectancies and personally, I would not want to live in their "free society" with the Yakuza and their police who extract 99% of their convictions through confessions, no thanks.

I'm sorry you're mad, no one likes being told their country sucks and that you are living in a dream world, if you believe the state of affairs in Australia is not an infringement on your God given rights, that in and of itself is troubling...
Great post and worth repeating.

It's sad that most Aussies and Brits look down their noses at us Americans because we choose to be free, rather than have the protection of the State and the bootheel on the neck that comes with it.

They honestly don't know what it's like to live free because they never have.

.
09-18-2018 02:33 PM
allye Outside of federal court, what's allowed in courthouses or courtrooms with active judicial proceedings in the US is state level law so will vary from state to state. Could be different county by county if the state allows counties to set more stringent prohibitions beyond what's allowed by state law.
09-18-2018 02:05 PM
TraderBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sockpuppet View Post
Thank goodness I live where I live...pepper spray, tasers, and stun guns are legal, no knife laws, and constitutional carry...it could still be better though but i'll suffer
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © Kevin Felts 2006 - 2015,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net