Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Default Model 1 sales complaint

Advertise Here

I bought a 20" standard parts kit from these guys, took them six months to get it to me. The upper comes assembled and bolt is assembled. I built the lower with no problems parts looked fine and every thing functioned. The finish on the upper is nice. I decided to disassemble the bolt and oil it. The bolt looked worn. While pushing out the extractor pin it I noticed something was wrong. the pin was sheared in half, the pin had all kinds of divots and ridges on it. Also while dissembling I found a piece of a cleaning patch in the bolt. I am going to contact them this weekend and see if they will replace it. Now i now expert, but pins just don't shear by themselves.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Hooligan on Holiday

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,453 Posts

Hope they make good for you, I've delt with them back in the late 90's and only had a minor issue with a part that was easily fixed by me. I purchased a kit at a gun show from them and later when I tried to get the issue resolved by calling them I had no proof the kit was from them so they could not help me............I moved on to other vendors and never looked back.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
Noman

Thanked 1,372 Times in 426 Posts

Unfortunately I think youve got a long frustrating road ahead of you. I would never do business with model one sales. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a whole dedicated thread on the ar15.com forums about model one sales qc issues. You also run the risk of being a victim of identity theft buying from them. Their site was hacked a while back and many people started seeing phantom credit card charges after buying from them. Buyer beware. They have a lot of bad press.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Getyershells For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Ripper

I just bought a barrel from them. That came in 5 days. Really nice e.r. shaw heavy bull. But I asked about an assembled upper and they said there was a 32 week wait. I though that was a joke.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Genderqueer

Thanked 1,040 Times in 506 Posts

Should've gone with del-ton for a kit... got mine from them within a month and it's excellent quality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mittelmorder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
In a pile of brass

Thanked 1,551 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mittelmorder View Post
Should've gone with del-ton for a kit... got mine from them within a month and it's excellent quality.
of topic but.... WTF, how do you have bad rep dude???

even mine is neutral
Old 02-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Genderqueer

Thanked 1,040 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenxkillz View Post
of topic but.... WTF, how do you have bad rep dude???

even mine is neutral
For being a douche in the religious section amongst other things, lol.. I still do it

video related.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,106 Times in 1,682 Posts

If you used a Credit Card in the Last 60 days for this purchase write the Credit card company disputing the charge instructions on how to do this will be on the back of the Monthly bill. Call and Complain saying you need them to make it right, then contact the State Attorney General for you state, and file a complainant for "Implied Consent" you spent $XX and expect a new product..AND DID NOT RECEIVE IT. Also If the company does not make good, the amount you dispute on the card will be written off and charged back to the seller. Provided you do not pay the disputed portion off (if a credit card was used). Good luck!...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Hooligan on Holiday

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getyershells View Post
Unfortunately I think youve got a long frustrating road ahead of you. I would never do business with model one sales. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a whole dedicated thread on the ar15.com forums about model one sales qc issues. You also run the risk of being a victim of identity theft buying from them. Their site was hacked a while back and many people started seeing phantom credit card charges after buying from them. Buyer beware. They have a lot of bad press.
I totally forgot about the CC bill issue that has been going on. I read that as well on more than Arfcom, Like I said I only did bizz back in the late 90's and that was all it took
Old 02-20-2010, 09:13 AM

thanks for the input
Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 PM

My experience with their customer service department has has been very satisfactory on the two occasions I had to deal with them. But yes the long original delivery date was a bummer.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 100,397 Times in 32,604 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getyershells View Post
They've had quality control issues for as long as I can remember. So has E.R. Shaw. I have one of their uppers and it's ok for the price. Nothing to brag about but it works pretty well. Took them long enough to ship it though. I had forgot that I ordered it and was surprised when it came in. I don't want anything with an E.R. Shaw barrel. That alone should be a tip off to their quality issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2010, 07:50 PM

Default model1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg1dkdk View Post
I bought a 20" standard parts kit from these guys, took them six months to get it to me. The upper comes assembled and bolt is assembled. I built the lower with no problems parts looked fine and every thing functioned. The finish on the upper is nice. I decided to disassemble the bolt and oil it. The bolt looked worn. While pushing out the extractor pin it I noticed something was wrong. the pin was sheared in half, the pin had all kinds of divots and ridges on it. Also while dissembling I found a piece of a cleaning patch in the bolt. I am going to contact them this weekend and see if they will replace it. Now i now expert, but pins just don't shear by themselves.
i live in indiana where we have one of the biggest gun shows in the country. the indy 1500 i got a upper that they told me was wilson and it wasnt,refused to refund, i wont say how but i got my cash back...... just dont do biz with em. if you buy an upper and its generic it dosent mean its not ok, i got a short 7 inch upper from them knowing it was not going to work but i got it home and did all the repairs befor ever firing the first shot it worked perfect.....
Old 12-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I <3 NV

Thanked 1,789 Times in 885 Posts

Hey guys, I don't have any experience with Model 1 Sales, but I noticed their web site is exactly the same as Rock River Arms. I know RRA gas a great reputation so there probably not be related, but im just putting my observation out there.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 100,397 Times in 32,604 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes762 View Post
Hey guys, I don't have any experience with Model 1 Sales, but I noticed their web site is exactly the same as Rock River Arms. I know RRA gas a great reputation so there probably not be related, but im just putting my observation out there.
Oh, they're definately NOT RRA. They might have copied their website template or something though. Model 1 doesn't have the best of reputations anyway, but I think their products have gotten better in recent years. I have one of their uppers, and it's useable. Not high grade, but then I didn't pay high grade money for it either.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 AM

Default Wvangsp

Hello folks,
I ordered a 7 inch pistol parts kit from Model 1 Sales, received the complete kit in 6 days. I assembled with my lower,cleaned, oiled and fired. Unit functioned fine through 60 rounds. Had one fail to extract about the 10th round so I called and requested a stronger extracter spring. They sent me a new, stronger spring and extracter within 7 days. I didn't use it. Unit is functioning fine. I hope this comment will help someone.
Thanks,
WVAGSP

Last edited by sigtwotwonine; 01-13-2012 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: changing greeting
Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 AM
Retired Army

Thanked 4,503 Times in 1,861 Posts

I have never had an issue with Model 1 Sales and I have been buying from them since about 2001.

Al
Old 01-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,126 Times in 2,118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esi View Post
I just bought a barrel from them. That came in 5 days. Really nice e.r. shaw heavy bull. But I asked about an assembled upper and they said there was a 32 week wait. I though that was a joke.
This is why I will not deal with them.
They will sell some to walk ups at gun shows before they fill all their orders for the same model.
No respect for their customers.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Chaos Inc.

Thanked 23,346 Times in 6,634 Posts

I've always heard bad things about Model 1 Sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doc_Shane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 PM

I just got off the phone and they said about 14 business days for a .300 blackout kit.