Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Let Us Prey...

Default Camping spots near Wilmington North Carolina

Advertise Here

Does anyone know of any places to camp near Wilmington NC? I'm not talking about family camp grounds with "lots". I mean places where we can go out in the woods and actually camp. While there is alot of land in surrounding counties, most of it is private property. Beach camping with a bunch of drunken good ole' boys and their trucks is getting old.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Hillbilly

I lived in wilmington for 5 or 6 yrs when i was in my early 20's.mostly up in ogden and surf city.Im from wv so i never could get ued to the woods down there,thick as ****.Me and a friend of mine used to spend every spare moment out on the sound up around topsail island,fishing,collecting oysters.ect.I had a small boat with a 5 horse motor and we would just load up and take off up the intercoastal water ways untill we found good spot to camp.great times.I dont know if this helps you.but its all i got.lol
Old 01-31-2010, 10:10 PM
A country boy can survive

There are a few places. What will your main type of transportation be? Are you looking to hike, bike, drive, canoe, ect?

I can point you in the right direction if you tell me more about your plan and the time of year. Also, how covert do you plan to be? I ATV and hike all over NC and know where to go. Access to an ATV will up your options greatly, as would a Jon Boat or Canoe.

More details about your plan, or you can shoot me a PM.

t2e