Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > 2012
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

2012 Discussion on the 2012 predictions

Advertise Here

Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 31,059 Times in 6,595 Posts
Default Extinction of certain early humans and 2012

Advertise Here

This "galactic alignment" that is supposed to happen during 2012, is supposed to happen every 27,000 years. Does it mean anything that 3 species of early people went extinct around 27,000 years ago?

Homo Erectus

archaeology.org/9703/newsbriefs/h.erectus.html

Quote:
New dates for Homo erectus fossils from Ngandong, Java, suggest this hominid lived as recently as 53,000 to 27,000 years ago.
Notice the dates, "why" is it 27,000 and 53,000?

27,000 + 27,000 = 54,000 - 27,000 year time spans.

Neanderthal:

extinction may have occured around 30,000 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal_extinction_hypotheses

Quote:
Neanderthal extinction hypotheses refer to theories about how Neanderthals became extinct around 30,000 years ago.
But, some dates put the Neanderthal as recent as 10,000 - 15,000 years ago,

Cro-Magnon

Some dates put the extinction of Cro-Magnon man at about the 27,000 - 30,000 years ago.

------------

One problem here - the so called "scientific community" can not even agree "when" those species went extinct. Some sites say the Neanderthal went extinct 30,000 years ago, some sites say 10,000 - 15,000 years ago.

Some sites say that the Cro-Magnon went extinct around 23,000 - 24,000 years ago.

------------

We can say one thing for sure, 3 species of early humans have gone extinct within the past 30,000 years. Some of the dates are right at the 27,000 year mark. I think its kinda strange that those 3 types of early humans went extinct within just a few thousand years of each other.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM
RH-O Negative

Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,340 Posts

Very interesting information. I hadn't seen the extintion dates of the early humans listed side by side before.

Last edited by mastersergeant; 01-09-2010 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Trapper

There hasn't been a documented world population as large as todays. Perhaps there are other explanations involved but you raise a good point for further exploration.
I'd hate to think I'm living on a giant Etch-a-Sketch!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogmaw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 7,285 Times in 3,149 Posts

maybe after the other early humans had died off, aliens mixed their DNA with it and made......homo sapiens. seriously, we dont really fit in here on earth.

good find kev!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:28 PM

trixie, thats as plausible as any other theory...just watch Stargate/ Stargate SG1...I feel theres a lot of truth in that movie/series..also ties in to the theories on the biblical Nephilim...very plausible indeed.

Very interesting kev, thanks for a very thought provoking thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonmisty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
This "galactic alignment" that is supposed to happen during 2012, is supposed to happen every 27,000 years. Does it mean anything that 3 species of early people went extinct around 27,000 years ago?

We can say one thing for sure, 3 species of early humans have gone extinct within the past 30,000 years. Some of the dates are right at the 27,000 year mark. I think its kinda strange that those 3 types of early humans went extinct within just a few thousand years of each other.
I dont think its strange, I think its entirely expected, and if you asked anyone with knowledge of paleontology, evolutionary biology etc they would also agree. To begin with, you are framing a species as suddenly going extinct overnight, as if some calamatous event occured that wiped them off the face of the planet. In reality, they were probably experiencing a long slow decline in viability as a species. As the wikipedia article states for example, Neanderthals were a shorter and stockier build compared to humans, a throwback to a distant evolutionary ancestor no doubt. Given that both species occupy a very similar niche, the humans had the clear advantage in terms of fitness as a species. They could run faster, and expend less energy doing so, which was very relevant to how humans hunted back then (endurance instead of strength).

As a species becomes less adapted to living in its ecological niche, population numbers diminish. Smaller population numbers means a more easily destabilised species that is less resistant to ecological shocks, and also results in a decreased gene pool which further reduces genetic variation and fitness. Eventually, the species goes extinct - all recognisable members are dead, the rest have interbred with neighbour species and have become assimilated. This is what is speculated to have happened with Cro-magnon for example.

The term species is itself quite loose when you get down to it. Many separate species are still capable of breeding with closely related neighbours, albeit sometimes having less reproductive success and fitness. Throughout our planets history, many species have gone extinct simply by breeding and being assimilated by another, genetically 'fitter' species. By the way, fitness does not refer to whether the organism goes to the gym, it means how well suited it is to its environment / niche.

Severe environmental impacts such as the eruption of a mega caldera (big ass volcano) can have drastic effects on life, causing mass extinctions of species and leaving only the fittest. Something like that may have caused already dwindling populations of neanderthal etc to go extinct relatively rapidly.

The galactic alignment thing? Total garbage, go ask your local astrophysicist.

Aliens mixing their DNA with early humans? Im not going to dignify that with an answer.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wilmo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,205 Times in 727 Posts

Please read what I am about to write carefully. I am a cautious believer in some things. However, I have been tracking psychic predictions since the late 1980's (20+ years) and not a single prediction for the future has come true.

I'm not saying anyone here is wrong. We all have our own beliefs based on our own experiences (or lack thereof). And I respect that. I'm just sharing my own experiences. Yes, you should still be prepared for power outages and such.

Second, an arbitrary date, whether based on a galactic event or not, I don't believe means something will happen. In the past 20 years there have been 1 or 2 alignments of planets in our solar system, people predicted cataclysmic things happening, and nothing really happened. Ok, a drunken frat boy (George Bush Jr) got elected, and that was pretty bad.

I would be more likely to believe that some portal would open due to a galactic alignment, allowing angels to better communicate with earth, than a simple arbitrary date causing the end of a species.

If the US congress decided to balance the budget, THAT would be cataclysmic. It would indicate a radical change in their thinking, completely different from their past actions.

Anyway, this 27,000 year thing has to do with the earth's precession. You see the north pole points to a certain star. But the direction the north pole points to changes, and makes a circle, and it takes 27,000 years to make a complete circle. The earth wobbles a little bit but it takes 27,000 years to make a complete wobble.

As far as the pole shift goes, where the MAGNETIC north pole changes to the physical location of the south pole, and vice versa, the only effect is birds will probably get lost, many will die. The same will go with other species who use the magnetic field for direction. (I wonder if this explains the main whale beachings?) This has happened several times in earth's history. It's proven in rocks containing iron. The earth doesn't physically flip in space. It seems the charges of the poles switch places, but no one really knows why for sure.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bulrush For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Not To Reason Why...

Thanked 1,489 Times in 743 Posts

This is thought provoking indeed, if the dates are true, however they only reached those dates because of carbon dating which has been debunked many times. One of the only things I take literally from the bible is the time span from which earth and humans were made, if its true to the bible, humans have only been on earth from 15-25,000 years, that's all, not millions and billions of years. Same thing for the creation of earth. The planet has been through much worse than a cosmic allignment, which has happened before. I'm more worried about the solar flares knocking cell towers and satellites out then and I am the human race going extinct.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:09 PM
don't drink the kool aid

Location: Trapped in a living matrix on a planet named after dirt
Thanked 5,532 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmo View Post
The galactic alignment thing? Total garbage, go ask your local astrophysicist.
Ok, here's what the astrophysicist said.

Morphogenic Resonance or a Plethora of Galactic Center Disinformation?
"In June of 1979 Dr. Paul LaViolette deciphered an ancient constellation message describing the past arrival of a cosmic ray volley from our Galaxy's core and of its subsequent cataclysmic effect on the Earth. The following month he wrote this up as a short paper on this "superwave" concept. In 1983, after 4 years of Ph.D. research, he published his dissertation investigation of this Galactic superwaves and their connection with cyclic global cataclysms. In this dissertation and in his subsequent papers and books (Beyond the Big Bang and Earth Under Fire), LaViolette has made every attempt to establish the logical basis for every statement he has made.

However, beginning in 1991, several individuals began writing on a similar theme of the imminent arrival of a Galactic center energy wave, claiming to have been enlightened on the subject directly through psychic contact with extraterrestrials. Unfortunately, they did not subject their intuited information to the test of reason and observation. Instead they have combined factual concepts with fictional ideas and misrepresented them to an unwitting public as uncontestable fact. So readers should observe caution in selecting reading material in this area."
http://www.etheric.com/LaViolette/Disinformation.html

He literally means the gamma radiation found at the galactic plane, the one we've been observing since the 60's, the one we're approaching now.

Flux upper limits of diffuse TeV gamma rays from the Galactic plane
"Observation of multi-TeV diffuse gamma rays from the Galactic plane with the Tibet air shower array."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...a47d3306082bf8

Gamma radiation is a by product of the most powerful accretion disk in our galaxy, the one found circling the black hole at the center of our galaxy.

Image of black hole accretion disc
http://www.rkm.com.au/ASTRONOMY/blackhole.html

Accretion disc
"An accretion disc is a structure (often a circumstellar disk) formed by diffuse material in orbital motion around a central body. The central body is typically a young star, a protostar, a white dwarf, a neutron star, or a black hole. Gravity causes material in the disc to spiral inward towards the central body. Gravitational forces compress the material causing the emission of electromagnetic radiation. The frequency range of that radiation depends on the central object. Accretion discs of young stars and protostars radiate in the infrared; those around neutron stars and black holes in the x-ray part of the spectrum."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accretion_disc

In fact the accretion disc from a black hole at the center of a galaxy could easily reach energies in the TeV range. Energies in the TeV range are classed as gamma radiation. We are approaching a big wall of gamma radiation, output from the accretion disc at the center of our galaxy, but by all means pretend it doesn't exist.

Why would you believe an astrophysicist when you can simply ignore the facts and live in a fantasy world where science doesn't exist and god magically fixes everything because he loves you.

Now that you know what really lies in the galactic plane do you wonder why that information might not be televised anytime soon and why you might have trouble confirming it?

Comet Strikes Increase as We Pass Through the Galactic Plane
"And here's the bad news. According to their calculations, the Solar System will be passing through the galactic plane in the near future, and should see an increased risk of impact. Our risk of impact could increase 10-fold."
http://www.universetoday.com/2008/05...alactic-plane/

Just be ready, Nostradamus and the Bible both warn of a comet impact.

http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm

http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/2007march.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmykeller For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,205 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1337 View Post
I'm more worried about the solar flares knocking cell towers and satellites out then and I am the human race going extinct.
True. I read somewhere that solar flares HAVE knocked cell phone and other satellites out before, in the 1990s. And a solar flare with enough power can knock out the whole regional electrical grid, depending how where the flare radiation strikes. A grid in the US supplies power to 10-15 states generally and there are 5-6? regional grids total in the US.

When the solar flare radiation hits the above ground wiring, it generates a high current, enough to blow hundreds of substations.

Geez, even with "minor" ice storms here in Michigan it takes them 3-7 days to fix all the things that need fixing. They are not going to have all the spare parts if hundreds of substations blow up.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Oath Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixie View Post
seriously, we dont really fit in here on earth.!
What is your reason for believing this?
Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykeller View Post
Ok, here's what the astrophysicist said.

Morphogenic Resonance or a Plethora of Galactic Center Disinformation?
"In June of 1979 Dr. Paul LaViolette deciphered an ancient constellation message describing the past arrival of a cosmic ray volley from our Galaxy's core and of its subsequent cataclysmic effect on the Earth. The following month he wrote this up as a short paper on this "superwave" concept. In 1983, after 4 years of Ph.D. research, he published his dissertation investigation of this Galactic superwaves and their connection with cyclic global cataclysms. In this dissertation and in his subsequent papers and books (Beyond the Big Bang and Earth Under Fire), LaViolette has made every attempt to establish the logical basis for every statement he has made.

However, beginning in 1991, several individuals began writing on a similar theme of the imminent arrival of a Galactic center energy wave, claiming to have been enlightened on the subject directly through psychic contact with extraterrestrials. Unfortunately, they did not subject their intuited information to the test of reason and observation. Instead they have combined factual concepts with fictional ideas and misrepresented them to an unwitting public as uncontestable fact. So readers should observe caution in selecting reading material in this area."
http://www.etheric.com/LaViolette/Disinformation.html

He literally means the gamma radiation found at the galactic plane, the one we've been observing since the 60's, the one we're approaching now.

Flux upper limits of diffuse TeV gamma rays from the Galactic plane
"Observation of multi-TeV diffuse gamma rays from the Galactic plane with the Tibet air shower array."
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...a47d3306082bf8

Gamma radiation is a by product of the most powerful accretion disk in our galaxy, the one found circling the black hole at the center of our galaxy.

Image of black hole accretion disc
http://www.rkm.com.au/ASTRONOMY/blackhole.html

Accretion disc
"An accretion disc is a structure (often a circumstellar disk) formed by diffuse material in orbital motion around a central body. The central body is typically a young star, a protostar, a white dwarf, a neutron star, or a black hole. Gravity causes material in the disc to spiral inward towards the central body. Gravitational forces compress the material causing the emission of electromagnetic radiation. The frequency range of that radiation depends on the central object. Accretion discs of young stars and protostars radiate in the infrared; those around neutron stars and black holes in the x-ray part of the spectrum."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accretion_disc

In fact the accretion disc from a black hole at the center of a galaxy could easily reach energies in the TeV range. Energies in the TeV range are classed as gamma radiation. We are approaching a big wall of gamma radiation, output from the accretion disc at the center of our galaxy, but by all means pretend it doesn't exist.

Why would you believe an astrophysicist when you can simply ignore the facts and live in a fantasy world where science doesn't exist and god magically fixes everything because he loves you.

Now that you know what really lies in the galactic plane do you wonder why that information might not be televised anytime soon and why you might have trouble confirming it?

"And here's the bad news. According to their calculations, the Solar System will be passing through the galactic plane in the near future, and should see an increased risk of impact. Our risk of impact could increase 10-fold."

Just be ready, Nostradamus and the Bible both warn of a comet impact.

http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm

http://www.kachina.net/~alunajoy/2007march.html
Again, thank you for the effort you've gone to in this post.

But once again you post pseudoscience, in that Dr. Paul LaViolette "deciphered an ancient constellation messge", which involved the Zodiac. In other words he came up with an astrological prediction. Which again fall deep into the realm of pseudo-science.

Now as for your TeV gamma rays in the galactic plane. I'm guessing you didn't really read through that article or just skimmed it for buzzwords. Because in the abstract itself (which is all you link to) it plainly states that the TeV levels were less than they previously thought. Here's the quote:

"A difference of the effective area of the air-shower array for observing gamma rays and cosmic rays was carefully taken into account in this analysis, resulting in that the flux upper limits of the diffuse TeV gamma rays were reduced by factors of 4.03.7 for 310 TeV than those in our previous results."

That tells us there's actually LESS to worry about. You should really check your sources more carefully.

You speak of the accretion disk and point to wikipedia which states most of what comes out of said accretion disk is x-ray radiation and infrared radiation. Both of which can be bad, but no more so than the infinite number of chemicals and ambient radiation we face currently.

You really need to find some harder, relevant, researched and repeated successfully observations/experiments to attempt to back up your views.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaik For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 31,059 Times in 6,595 Posts
Default 2012 predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANKELLY125 View Post
Humans are like a virus - we destroy and consume until there is nothing left. That also includes our own species.

If you have a question about the forum, please post it in this section.
General questions sent through private messages will be ignored.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 PM
READY&ABLE

Neanderthals died off because of the ending of the last ice age around 27,000 years ago....they were built for colder climates and weather....
The Following User Says Thank You to aka"militiamike" For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
don't drink the kool aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaik View Post
Again, thank you for the effort you've gone to in this post.

But once again you post pseudoscience, in that Dr. Paul LaViolette "deciphered an ancient constellation messge", which involved the Zodiac. In other words he came up with an astrological prediction. Which again fall deep into the realm of pseudo-science.

Now as for your TeV gamma rays in the galactic plane. I'm guessing you didn't really read through that article or just skimmed it for buzzwords. Because in the abstract itself (which is all you link to) it plainly states that the TeV levels were less than they previously thought. Here's the quote:

"A difference of the effective area of the air-shower array for observing gamma rays and cosmic rays was carefully taken into account in this analysis, resulting in that the flux upper limits of the diffuse TeV gamma rays were reduced by factors of 4.0–3.7 for 3–10 TeV than those in our previous results."

That tells us there's actually LESS to worry about. You should really check your sources more carefully.

You speak of the accretion disk and point to wikipedia which states most of what comes out of said accretion disk is x-ray radiation and infrared radiation. Both of which can be bad, but no more so than the infinite number of chemicals and ambient radiation we face currently.

You really need to find some harder, relevant, researched and repeated successfully observations/experiments to attempt to back up your views.
No worries, most times I post I'm in a hurry and not everything I link to is 100% relevant. That being said what I was trying to point out was that the energy found in the galactic plane is actually gamma and likely directly caused by the accretion disc of the black hole at the center of the galaxy.

I read a great article once from the 60's about it and now can't seem to find it, all I come up with are endless science papers with a paragraph describing the abstract and an option to purchase the data.

Essentially the gamma rays are weaker than originally thought, somewhere in the 3.5 TeV range I believe, but they are present in the galactic plane and we are approaching it.

The Black Hole at the Heart of Astronomy
"There is a persistent high-energy flux from the heart of the Milky Way.

Scientists were also startled when they discovered in 2004 that the center of our galaxy is emitting gamma rays with energies in the tens of trillions of electron volts. The plasma focus is the most copious source of high-energy particles and radiation known to plasma experimenters."
http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=7qqsr17q

And while I still can't find the article that originally got me going on this thought process, I remember at least one key point.

Gamma radiation at 3.5 Tev is roughly 7000 times more powerful than the ambient output of the sun.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
This "galactic alignment" that is supposed to happen during 2012, is supposed to happen every 27,000 years.
Actually, according to the guy in this video, this alignment happens every year. Now the question is why should we believe him? He happens to have an actual Ph.D. in astrophysics that people seem so interested in quoting in this thread.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wvsurvivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmykeller View Post
No worries, most times I post I'm in a hurry and not everything I link to is 100% relevant. That being said what I was trying to point out was that the energy found in the galactic plane is actually gamma and likely directly caused by the accretion disc of the black hole at the center of the galaxy.

I read a great article once from the 60's about it and now can't seem to find it, all I come up with are endless science papers with a paragraph describing the abstract and an option to purchase the data.

Essentially the gamma rays are weaker than originally thought, somewhere in the 3.5 TeV range I believe, but they are present in the galactic plane and we are approaching it.

The Black Hole at the Heart of Astronomy
"There is a persistent high-energy flux from the heart of the Milky Way.

Scientists were also startled when they discovered in 2004 that the center of our galaxy is emitting gamma rays with energies in the tens of trillions of electron volts. The plasma focus is the most copious source of high-energy particles and radiation known to plasma experimenters."
http://www.holoscience.com/news.php?article=7qqsr17q

And while I still can't find the article that originally got me going on this thought process, I remember at least one key point.

Gamma radiation at 3.5 Tev is roughly 7000 times more powerful than the ambient output of the sun.
I've tried to follow your pseudoscientific ramblings on this thread and am absolutely baffled by what you are trying to say and can't figure out what the point you are trying to make is. My background is in physics and I can assure you that what you are tossing out is just nonsensical BS.

Another poster has already posted a very good reply to one of your posts. In this post though you start going on about gamma rays coming from the center of our galaxy. It's interesting but it is no surprise due to the fact that astronomers expect the heart of most galaxies to contain black holes. This type of radiation is expected to come out of the accretion disks around black holes.

I also have no idea what a black hole causing gamma rays at the center of the galaxy would have to do with the 2012 nonsense either.
The Following User Says Thank You to wvsurvivalist For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 11:53 PM

So what species is next... just plain homo?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:59 PM
don't drink the kool aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvsurvivalist View Post
I've tried to follow your pseudoscientific ramblings on this thread and am absolutely baffled by what you are trying to say and can't figure out what the point you are trying to make is.

I also have no idea what a black hole causing gamma rays at the center of the galaxy would have to do with the 2012 nonsense either.
Sorry, didn't realise I needed to dumb down my posts. Here, I'll even paint it blue for you.

Gamma radiation at 3.5 Tev is roughly 7000 times more powerful than the ambient output of the sun. That's bad mmkay. 7000 times the suns output = not good for life on Earth. Gamma radiation is all forms of radiation including electromagnetic and microwave, mmkay.

"the Solar System will be passing through the galactic plane in the near future"

Also bad mmkay. The Galactic plane is where gamma radiation lives, mmkay. Gamma radiation is bad mmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvsurvivalist View Post
My background is in physics and I can assure you that what you are tossing out is just nonsensical BS.
Particle, nuclear, astro, or general? You go to MIT or some other school? You're an idiot for majoring in physics though, unless you're a nuclear technician working at CERN, in which case you're an idiot for building a black hole machine, mmkay.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Retired from this *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANKELLY125 View Post
Ask a liberal, where people who are in there right mind love firearms and abide by firearm laws , are prepared for disaster, and agree with the constitution. Im sure theyll give you a few reasons.