Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Dr.Martens2Dr.Scholls!

Default Eulogy for Common Sense...

Advertise Here

Hey all...I did not write this but I just wanted to share...it came off a Blog connected to WorldNetDaily.

Eulogy for Common Sense

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years.No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, that life isn’t always fair, and maybe it was just my fault.Common sense lived by simple sound financial policies such as, don’t spend more than you earn and reliable parenting strategies like, adults, not children, are actually in charge.His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charge with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch, and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.Common sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer paracetamol, sun lotion or a band aid to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an ********.Common sense took a beating when you could no longer defend yourself from a burglar in your own home from fear of being sued for assault.Common Sense lost the will to live when the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches because business, and criminals received better treatment than their victims.Common sense finally gave up after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot, spilled a little in her lap, sued and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.Common sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.He is survived by three stepbrothers; I know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I’m a Victim.Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.This is absolutely ridiculous!!! I can only sit here and shake my head. If this makes it to the court or is the school system ends up settling, it will only serve as yet another marker to our downward spiraling society.P E R S O N A L R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y

Last edited by Spam70; 03-14-2008 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spam70 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2008, 10:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,681 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Really good article.

Sad thing is, a good part of our society would not understand the point.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Watchin tha world go by

Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,566 Posts

hear he had a first cousin names patriotism--anyone seen him latley?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:54 PM
This is not survival.

Thanked 1,829 Times in 666 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Instructional Post Outstanding Post Outstanding Informative Post 
Total Awards: 3

You mean the patriotism that was killed by the patriot act, or the patriotism that was killed by dissent?
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Watchin tha world go by

Thanked 8,823 Times in 3,566 Posts

your right,looks were out more than a few friends.uncle freedom probably went then too. is anybody left out there are we on our own?
Old 03-17-2008, 02:49 AM
Information is Ammunition

Thanked 26,912 Times in 10,487 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Outstanding Firearms Post Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 5

This reminds me of when I see sheep not only texting but USING THEIR LAPTOP while driving on the freeway at 60mph!!! other examples of the death of common sense are making a left turn from a right lane AT SPEED, calling 411 to get the number for information, demanding I give them my badge number *I don't wear a badge as security*, backing out of a drive through window, Voting for Hillary, Obama, or McCain
Old 03-17-2008, 05:15 AM
AKA The Dragon

Thanked 1,944 Times in 949 Posts

Yep mongoose
It's called survival.