Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 12-26-2009, 09:37 PM

Default Survival Groups in michigan

Advertise Here

First day here, second post. I'm liking this forum

I was watching Prepared2Surviv's video about his BOB and he mentioned that he belongs to a survival group that camps out regularly and the group owns land that they sell small plots for bug out reasons. I live in Ann Arbor Michigan, are there any survivalist groups around here? They don't need to sell land or anything I just want to go "survive" for a week or two so I can learn

Thanks
Old 12-26-2009, 09:43 PM
John 3:16

Thanked 48,070 Times in 20,527 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

welcome to the boards from kalamazoo.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm

Thanked 4,829 Times in 1,545 Posts

You might try calling the local FBI office. I have heard they have infiltrated al the militia groups in Michigan. They probably have a pretty good idea of the survival groups activities as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crankyfarmer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-26-2009, 10:57 PM

HAHAHA, Didnt think about going to the Michigan Militia house that is about 20 min away. I really do agree with the idea of a Militia but the Michigan Militia did something wrong to make so many people hate them, but when SHTF we will all be there. I don't even know why people hate them, they probably should have gone a little farther away from Ann Arbor.

Note: To all the Militia members. I have nothing against you. If some one shows up at your door, claiming to be a paramedic and can offer medical skills in times of need, and has a nickname of a snack food, its me.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Gott Mit Uns

Thanked 1,535 Times in 809 Posts

Hello and welcome from Indiana.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,944 Times in 1,544 Posts

Welcome from the Michigan Militia west michigan Volunteers and people dont hate us W e are the good guys. Kingfish Hi FBI GUYS
Old 12-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Survivor

We train in survival tactics all year. We have sno dog coming up if you are game come on out its camping in the sno , build a shelter, cook your own food, freeze your butt off and shoot at targets. LOTS of fun eh? Kingfish

www.michiganmilitia.com snow dog is coooool !
The Following User Says Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Hunter

Hey man, I'm from Eaton Rapids soon to be Lansing. The main thing I am worried about is a Bug Out Location and I'd like to work with some guys on making a bug out location. Anyone interested.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Survivor

Seriously, bugging out to a place in the woods is a PIPE DREAM. What you should be thinking about is how to purchase a Bug out location and move there now. Plant a garden,set up a defensive perimeter, raise livestock, secure a water source such as a spring or well. Stockpile wood for heating with a wood stove. Call it a change in life style but do it now. The ultimate bug out location is home. A FARM. Kingfish
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingfish For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,057 Times in 470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
Seriously, bugging out to a place in the woods is a PIPE DREAM. What you should be thinking about is how to purchase a Bug out location and move there now. Plant a garden,set up a defensive perimeter, raise livestock, secure a water source such as a spring or well. Stockpile wood for heating with a wood stove. Call it a change in life style but do it now. The ultimate bug out location is home. A FARM. Kingfish
I agree. I doubt we're ever going to have the type of situation where we can decide with certainty that it's time to bug out. It'll likely always be a situation where we don't know whether to go or to stay and see what happens next. I doubt anyone is going to quit a job just because they see a post on this forum and decide it's time to pitch a tent in the middle of the woods.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Survivor

Exactly, My wife and I decided that first we wanted to just get away from the city. That alone greatly increases your odds of survival in post shtf scenario . Then we got to thinking that why be dependent on the grocery store, the grid, oil, society? So we set ourselves to the task of freeing ourselves from this dependence. The more food you produce ? the less you buy. Heat with wood? no need for heating fuels. practice defense? up your odds of being safe. I am comfortable in saying we could last a long long time if the rest of the world fell off the face of the earth. Reach for self reliance, self sustaining goals are what we reach for. Its WORK!!! Every day I get up and do things I never did before.

I am a hunter, gatherer, farmer, wood cutter, fisherman, handy man, Militia member, Hiker, Off road jeep guy, I walk my property with purpose. I see everything different then I used to when I worked 40 hours and paid others to keep me warm and fed. I feel I am about 1 year from freedom. Still have to solve the problem of energy. I want it all. The old mixed with the new. Solar, Hydro, Wood gas, axes and chainsaws that run on something other then gas. Its an adventure at the same time. Someone asks me why? I say why not? Its all doable if you want it bad enough. I don't give up much in the way of comforts. The work is good for you. Im cutting wood tomorrow, I cant wait ha ha ha . Kingfish