Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion > Shotgun Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Shotgun Forum Mossberg, Winchester, Remington, Benelli....

Advertise Here

Old 11-26-2009, 08:30 AM

Unhappy Help and info on Snake Charmer .410

Advertise Here

Hi, just to let you all know ahead of time I know very little about guns but will give the best information I can. I am looking some information up about the Snake Charmer .410. I found lots of different things through google, but they somewhat contradicted one another.

My brother-in-law is being charged with four felonies. Three of those are possession of a stolen firearm. The other one is possession of a weapon of mass destruction. When he bought these guns from the actual thief, the .410 Snake Charmer was already "modified" or "made" with a short barrell. The barrell length is 10' long. It has a pistol grip. According to those who saw it, it looked to be manufactured that way.

So I'm trying to figure out a few things. First of all, which company actually manufactures and sells these guns? Second, do you have to obtain a permit before ordering it from the manufacturer? And last but most important, I have read on a few different sites and forums that H&R made Snake Charmer Pistols with 8' to 10' barrells. How can I find out if this gun is a pistol or shotgun? Or even get information on what defines a pistol and shotgun?

ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to figure out whatever I can to try and make this less harsh.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Whippersnapper

Thanked 2,121 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbrown View Post
Hi, just to let you all know ahead of time I know very little about guns but will give the best information I can. I am looking some information up about the Snake Charmer .410. I found lots of different things through google, but they somewhat contradicted one another.

My brother-in-law is being charged with four felonies. Three of those are possession of a stolen firearm. The other one is possession of a weapon of mass destruction. When he bought these guns from the actual thief, the .410 Snake Charmer was already "modified" or "made" with a short barrell. The barrell length is 10' long. It has a pistol grip. According to those who saw it, it looked to be manufactured that way.

So I'm trying to figure out a few things. First of all, which company actually manufactures and sells these guns? Second, do you have to obtain a permit before ordering it from the manufacturer? And last but most important, I have read on a few different sites and forums that H&R made Snake Charmer Pistols with 8' to 10' barrells. How can I find out if this gun is a pistol or shotgun? Or even get information on what defines a pistol and shotgun?

ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I'm just trying to figure out whatever I can to try and make this less harsh.
He had this stuff?

I'm impressed! Some people take stockpiling weapons to the extreme i suppose- 10,000 rounds of .556 is one thing; this is a whole different ball game!

I admit that I have limited knowledge of US Federal and state Law (and international law come to that…), but surely you mean 'destructive device'. Weapons of mass destruction are cause enough to start a war, let alone just being 'charged'. I am interested to learn whether I am correct or not here- educate me please!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,462 Times in 3,240 Posts

Check out the Snake Charmer ll site of Verney Carron and it shows an 18" barrel...

If they were available from the factory with shorter barrels, I seriously doubt it because who would pay the $200 tax stamp for a $50 gun at the time they were locally made...

Didn't H&R make the Snake Tamer and the original was made by H. Koon?

H&R now makes the Survivor

I have never seen or even heard of a pistol version of the Snake Charmer/Tamer which doesn't mean there wasn't one made, but doubtful with the BATF(u)E bastards trolling about...
Old 11-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Alert Today~Alive Tmorrow

Thanked 4,299 Times in 1,585 Posts
Default surely you can't be serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbrown View Post

LoL - when did they start making shotguns with eight to ten-foot-long barrels?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Falcons

Thanked 1,115 Times in 553 Posts

What I know about atf abuses of the 2nd amendment are that a 18 inch barreled shotguns are legal and less than 18 inches are 5 years in a federal prison for each charge. there have been no legal pistol shotguns since 1934,that snake charmer has been illegally modifiedThey have been making derringers in a 45/410 configuration but they have a rifled barrel thus they are not a shotgun but a pistol..
The Following User Says Thank You to divinginn For This Useful Post: