Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,538 Times in 2,841 Posts
Default Biblical Teachings on SHTF Prep

Advertise Here

Are there any passages in the King James Bible, about preperation for disaster?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 16,966 Times in 3,509 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Here is an obscure verse that probably does not mean to prepare but personally I can take it that way.

King James Bible
O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; - Isaiah 40:9

Others can give a few hundred more and if not then I will come back sometime and give more verses.

Last edited by Mtnman Mike; 11-25-2009 at 07:23 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 07:20 AM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,935 Times in 12,711 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Proverbs 6:6-8
6Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
7Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
8Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 07:21 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

I can give many mountain verses, my fav subject, but hope others will give the more well known verses that show to prepare such as from Proverbs.

Another mtn verse > King James Bible
And it came to pass, when they had brought them forth abroad, that he said, Escape for thy life; look not behind thee, neither stay thou in all the plain; escape to the mountain, lest thou be consumed. - Genesis 19:17
Old 11-25-2009, 07:24 AM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,935 Times in 12,711 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

http://www.thefaithlog.com/2008/03/j...orehouses.html
Quote:
Now the seven plentiful years the ground brought forth abundantly. So [Joseph] gathered up all the food of the seven years which were in the land of Egypt, and laid up the food in the cities; he laid up in every city the food of the fields which surrounded them. (Genesis 41:47-48)
You might recall that Pharaoh had a dream for which God gave Joseph the interpretation: seven fat years followed by seven lean years. Joseph then advised Pharaoh on a wise course of action:
Now therefore, let Pharaoh select a discerning and wise man, and set him over the land of Egypt. Let Pharaoh do this, and let him appoint officers over the land, to collect one-fifth of the produce of the land of Egypt in the seven plentiful years. And let them gather all the food of those good years that are coming, and store up grain under the authority of Pharaoh, and let them keep food in the cities. Then that food shall be as a reserve for the land for the seven years of famine which shall be I the land of Egypt, that the land may not perish during the famine. (Genesis 41:33-36)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

There are so many verses about preparing for disaster, preparing for the future and for the afterlife etc. etc.

But here is one that survivalists should also consider so that they do not get arrogant and think their preps or what they alone do without God, will save them >

Luke 12:15-21

15And he said to them, ‘Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.’ 16Then he told them a parable: ‘The land of a rich man produced abundantly. 17And he thought to himself, “What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?”
18Then he said, “I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods.
19And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.”
20But God said to him, “You fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?” 21So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich towards God.’
Old 11-25-2009, 07:32 AM
Survivor

Thanked 57,765 Times in 17,464 Posts

Proverbs 22:3 "A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."

Proverbs 21:5 "Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty."

Proverbs 12:27 "The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious."

Proverbs 10:5 "He that gathereth in the summer is a wise son: but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame."

These passages are simple and clear. It is the prudent person who "takes precautions", who prepares for hard times. My faith plays a large role in preparing and being cautious. My faith and prayer life brought me to preparing.

I know many Christians who believe this shows a lack of faith in God to provide, for me I am acting on my faith. God didn't build the ark, God didn't store the grain for Joseph he told these men to do it...they acted on their faith.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post: