Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 03-01-2014, 10:42 PM
His Name is Tyler Danann

Location: Variable. Prison Island, European Sektor plus elsewhere...
Thanked 8,927 Times in 2,311 Posts

Advertise Here

The Mountain Chronicles continue...

Mikes shows off the cache (few survivalists would do this btw) and his underground shelter, which many label as a bunker, when in fact it is multipurpose!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Watch Ryder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2014, 10:45 PM
His Name is Tyler Danann

Excavations and plans for the cabin, hummingbirds say hello, along with gear to eventually go inside...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Watch Ryder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,136 Times in 733 Posts

My darn youtube is in the fritz so I'll have to watch that controversial video later.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to randyt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Really?

Thanked 10,065 Times in 4,909 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
I am just posting these pics now and Maybe later I will explain what is shown.

I have my reasons for doing this.

People will just have to look or glance at these pics and try to figure them out for now anyway.

I am Sick of the net and I guess I am not free to write what I really think.

I doubt many would have lasted for at least five years of ridicule etc. etc.
Don't worry brother, those of us who's doing the same thing, understand and you don't have to say anything. Those that aren't, nothing you say will make them.

Btw, you don't need to explain your pics, remember one pic is worth a thousand words,,,lol

We have a saying around here and I'm sure it applies to you: One day at a time, one week at a time, one month at a time, one foot in front of the other.....lol

Folks need to realize, you've been doing this by yourself, with minimal help. 95% of folks won't( or can't ) do that.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to letsgetreal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,136 Times in 733 Posts

This is a interesting thread with a lot of lessons. I tried homesteading in the early 80s on short money, it is tough. The term "sweat equity" really comes in to play. There is never enough daylight to get to everything. That and you don't throw nothing out. The worse part about that is when you do throw stuff out, it's a trip to town and cash to replace it. Good job

I wanted to add that I haven't read every post on this thread. There is a lot to go through but I will as time permits. So hopefully I didn't beat a dead horse with my post.

Last edited by randyt; 03-02-2014 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: add
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to randyt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 16,775 Times in 3,487 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 

Instead of creating a new pic thread it is much easier and saves me Many hours just to post the link to my new photo site. People can see the pics for themselves and hopefully will understand most of them.

I do show a new structure over a large 5th wheel RV that a new neighbor placed on his land across the private dirt road, from my place. I helped him and another guy sometimes there were 4 of us but I helped him for 5 days with getting paid only one beer a day. Not too well paid until on Labor Day 2013 he did use his huge GM 4x4 truck to push the black vehicle that is shown in the pic site. Sorry no descriptions on the pics.
No time or motivation to do it and I just created that pic site to get the links to put in a pic thread and not for others to view. Here is that pic site for the few who are interested. One can view them in full screen also if you wish > http://mmmike.imgur.com/all/

I show in one pic an olive drab vehicle that I saw in Saratoga, Wyoming. That military type vehicle has been parked there in downtown Saratoga for several years and I think a store or bar owner owns it. >

I also show the completed green roofed lumber structure we built over the large RV and I also show my "crude" lumber garage I built by myself over the black SUV that I had to leave up there all winter since the transmission went out.

The crude lumber garage I had to build in 4 days in a foot of wet heavy snow, hiking a mile one way each day from my blue pickup truck near the state highway 70 to my mtn place. >

First I had to winch the black SUV - Ford Explorer up the driveway into place. That took 3 days off and on. Not 8 hour days since I did have many other things to do also. That winch also jammed and even broke once so that took more time and effort.

One of the first of several logs I put into place. The large logs are to support the walls and the roof and are all I had available. If I had more time I would have put many more logs in the walls and roof. I was not on my mtn place almost all of Sept. since my 80 year old Dad had another operation. It was on his prostate but not too serious and no cancer. He is doing well now.

I did get back up there on Sept. 30th but it snowed some and kept snowing almost all of Oct. 2013. I did have a couple warm sunny days in early Oct. to do the following.
This pic shows the beginning of the "garage" with some of the logs and old fencing I had plus the 2 x 4's etc. >

This pic shows more of the roof with its many 2 x 4's and the one sheet of plywood on top. I put all the plywood sheets I could find on the roof plus much more than is shown in the pics. >

And more fencing and whatever else I had available. The green door was strong and should work ok as a partial wall and the red sheet is actually a heavy oak floor with the red bottom showing in this pic. The red is new paint I had used earlier in the summer when I did much painting in various areas of the retreat. >

Above is the way I had to leave the black SUV and hope there would not be a winter with record breaking snow pack.

The pic right above is of the back of the "garage" - lumber covering over the black SUV that WR called the Wolverine. I think the snow from the first few snow storms will easily slide down but then it will pile up. They are flexible plastic panels I obtained for free so no big deal if they get crushed. There are 3 hardwood boards seen under the gray panels and I doubt those boards will break, unless there is 20 or so feet of snowpack. Usually no more than "only" 10 or 12 feet of snowpack by April.

And anyone who thinks that I have no camoflage or don't know how to do anything then please tell me what is shown here. I suppose if someone used binoculars they might see possibly some lumber but almost everyone would just drive or even walk on by not noticing anything. The thick trees on the left part of the "garage" are good camo and even form part of the wall.
The dark part in the very middle of the pic is the "garage" and just to the right is the snow covered A-frame shed. Maybe some can see part of the green roof where there is no snow? >

I do not want the Wolverine to get crushed or have any of the windows break though. I used all the materials, 2x4's and 2x6's I could find in the foot of snow that late October week of 2013. I also had bought 20 new 2x4's and had covered them with a large plastic tarp just before the foot of snow so I was fortunate and barely had enough to build the garage.

That is the way up there and if I have barely enough it is much better than not enough to build with etc.

And If anyone wishes to post any of their retreat / BOL / homestead pics or videos or even tell about some experiences then please post. It will make me feel like I am not the only one doing something different. Although I have seen quite a few links and others places I don't get tired of looking or learning about what others are also doing.

If anyone has any questions about any of the pics or what I just wrote please ask and I will eventually answer. Maybe I will post more large pics later ~ MMM
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Preparing since 1972

Thanked 4,737 Times in 2,240 Posts

Nice work Mike..Too bad about the snow...That is really tough to work in...We had an early snow storm ATLAS on October 3rd and in 48 hs it dumped a little over 5 ft of very heavy snow on my hill where I live...It knocked out a lot of trees being so heavy...I was without electric or phone for almost 10 days...
I have tried several times to upload pictures from my computer onto this thread and others here and every time the upload fails...
I have uploaded pictures here about 1 1/2 month ago so I wonder if anyone else is having the problem only on this website ???
Hope you have better weather for your projects Mike..I think that your good friend WR can't wait till he gets there....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joes For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Hiker

Do what you can when you can......you'll make it.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Not sure when I will put up more of the 100 or so new pics I took last summer, until late October 2013. If for some reason I don't post anymore pics then this is where you can see them and hope you can figure out what is shown. > http://mmmike.imgur.com/all/ If anyone asks me specific questions I will answer though.

I will be getting much busier with work at the corn research place and in May getting more ready to go up to the mtn retreat / Hold. Hope to get up there in early June at the latest.

And here is a good link to some beautiful pics that shows the beauty etc. of the great Rocky Mountains > http://www.rockymountainreflections.com/

I like these two galleries best in that photo site >>> http://www.rockymtnrefl.com/galleries.htm and http://www.rockymtnrefl.com/NewImages.html
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Ok, I am going to post more pics and explain what is shown in them. These likely won't be as organized as I would like to show them but at least I am getting them up.

This first pic is what I had to do in late October when I was building the log / lumber garage over the black Ford Explorer or Wolverine which WR named it. For a couple days when building with a foot of wet snow on the ground, my boots got soaked even though on the boots it said they were "waterproof."
Since I had no extra boots I used tennis shoes but to keep the wet snow from soaking those also I put 4 white 13 gallon trash bags over each shoe.
Which worked well. The top bag or two got torn off by the end of the day but even after walking a mile each way from where I had to park my pickup truck and walking much when building the "garage" the tennis shoes did not get wet. What they looked like that afternoon in late October 2013 >

The Wolverine a few days after I got it winched up to the top of the driveway and when I began to add lumber around it. Maybe you can see the dark blue foam that is on top of the Wolverine and it all is covered in snow. >

Too bad this pic is small but I got it off my cell - tracfone. It cost me 3 minutes for each large pic and only one minute off the tracfone when I sent a small pic to my email. And one more reason I should try to post all the pics I did send to my email since over half of them were from my tracfone. The Wolverine and the blue foam cushion tied to the back >

A pic of the Wolverine taken by WR the summer of 2012 in the driveway of my Greeley, CO place. And the best pic of that foam cushion which could be used inside of a large tent. But so far only to help cushion the Wolverine. >

It took a few days to get that Wolverine up the mountain driveway since I only had a 4,000 pound winch from Harborfreight but the last 10 feet I used an 8,000 pound new winch / come-a-long.
I had been in Greeley almost all of Sept. as I told about earlier in this thread and I bought an 8,000 pound rated large nice winch which should handle all of my needs for the unforeseeable future.
All 3 winchs on my land are operated only by hand. Maybe someday I will get a motorized winch.

Wish I would have had that 8,000 pound winch all summer and I could have gotten much more done much faster. Next summer it should come in real handy with the large logs, steel beams etc.
A pic of the Wolverine up the driveway and I had to keep blocking the tires so it would not roll down the mountain.
If anyone has not read earlier, I had to winch that black SUV / Wolverine up since the transmission went out. Maybe next summer it can be repaired. >

In post #466 just a very few posts previous, I show the rest of what I did with the Wolverine.

Hope everyone can see the Wolverine at the top of the snowy driveway. Might have to zoom in to see it better. This pic was taken in late Oct. 2013 I think on the 2nd to the last day I was up there. I put the back wall on the next day.
I took this pic standing at the beginning of the driveway, across the spring - moat and I was on the edge of the private dirt - snowy road.

This was a pic I took just after it snowed and after I had the one wall up. Fortunately I had put a large plastic tarp over the Wolverine and then only had to remove the tarp and snow fairly easily.
I know I should have had these pics in more of a time line order but I am just putting them up anyway.

Here is another pic on the mtn place after the foot of wet snow fell that late October. The dark green tuff shed is in the background and the heavy floor which was red on the back and which I showed in a previous post showing the "garage." It was not easy like usual, to move that heavy floor as well as some other things but I needed it as part of the wall on the new garage - lumber covering. It was covered in a foot of snow in the middle of this pic. >

The next pics show across the road. And mainly of the new neighbor who is from Pennsylvania but he was on his land quite a bit in July and from late August to mid Sept. In Sept. he and his friends from Cheyenne, WY were hunting elk and black bear. I did hear they got 3 elk and only wounded a bear. Which is one big reason I don't like bow hunting since it is too easy to just wound animals and might never find them again.

Rifle season for deer and elk in Wyoming is in October. The last two weeks in October are rifle elk hunting season.

This first pic shows the sun coming up to the east. I really like that my land faces the rising sun. This pic shows the new logs the neighbor put up as a gate way to his land, which is only 3 and 1/2 acres but it is nice although most of it is steep. He said he knows how to build a cabin etc. even on steep land.
He is a contract builder in PA and even had a couple guys who worked for him also up there to build the new covering for his large RV which is shown in the following pics.

The sunrise pic which was taken with me standing on my driveway. >

The PA guy's RV etc. looking down from the private dirt road. In July and until he got back up there in August he wanted me to keep an eye on it. Which I did and a couple times a week I ran his generator to keep his refrigerator etc. cold. >

You can see the private dirt road above and his RV down below. I had to take some of these pics with my laptop so unfortunately some of my cap is shown. >

I helped him for a hard working hour unloading a large trailer which was filled with the lumber shown here >

The back of the large RV and after we had put up the 21 trusses >

Glad I did not have to climb that ladder and get up there. I did climb it some handing tools up to the PA guy and his friend or sometimes two or three helped. The front of the RV >

Sorry but I only have a small pic of the completed lumber covering showing the RV inside. He did not cover this part but the other 3 sides were well covered. This is mainly a covering to protect the RV from the heavy snowpack which most years is about 10 feet deep. In 2011 it got up to 22 feet of snowpack, which was an unusually snowy winter.

I must show one pic from July 2011 of a cabin which is one mile up the mountain from my mtn place. It is a 20 year old cabin but it could not handle the 22 feet of snowpack that terrible winter of 2011. Even one of my sheds got crushed some but the underground bunker only had a 6 inch crack in part of the concrete roof, which I easily patched.

I am shown in dark brown to the left of this crushed cabin by the old snowpack in mid July 2011. >

Here is the finished green metal roof of that lumber covering over the large RV belonging to the new PA guy. I tried to upload it from my tracfone but got an "exceeded 300 kb " message. Only this small pic was sent to my email >

And the last pic showing the front of the new lumber covering which is lumber underneath and a green metal roof with dark brown metal on the sides. The large white RV is, of course underneath, possibly not to be removed for many years. >

More pics later, not sure when.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2014, 06:54 AM
His Name is Tyler Danann

I have new plans for the Mountain Hold...

Hopefully they will come to fruition when I enter the hallowed mountains...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Watch Ryder For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2014, 07:11 AM
On my way.

Thanks Mike, good stuff
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gunn parker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2014, 12:42 PM
Most Thankful Guy here

Thanked 23,242 Times in 11,913 Posts

Appreciate the time and effort you put into all of your posts - thanks Mike.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGNasty View Post
Appreciate the time and effort you put into all of your posts - thanks Mike.
That is one big reason I have not put up pics earlier this year or since I got back to the stinkin city - Greeley, CO, just before Halloween 2013. It just takes waay too much time and effort to create a new pic thread or even a post such as my previous one in post # 470 with all the pics and explaining what is shown in each pic.

I have spent up to a week creating some of my ten pic threads, by going to a library about everyday uploading then explaining what is shown. And why I hate to have had about all of my pic threads downrated from 5 stars for whatever no good reason.

Even this pic thread with 60 pics in the first few posts took me all night back then. I only had dial-up in 2009 and had to slowly post ten thumbnail pics at a time. And then the 2 or more hours typing out the excellent survival / defensible retreat / BOL post in post #5.

But I am going to try to post a few more pics now in the next post. And hope that a few good people will see it.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

This post will show many of the animals that were on my mtn place the summer of 2013. Or at least the animals I fortunately got pics of.

This first pic is of a fox which I was fortunate to get when I was eating supper inside my old pickup truck. I just happened to have a disposable camera nearby. And quickly snapped the pic just as the fox looked right at me.
Foxes and other wildlife are not too easy to get pics of since they are almost always moving

You can see the rear view mirror to the right and you can see the fox better if you zoom in.

I have quite a few pics of gray jays, called camp robbers by hunters. I don't see them too much unless I put out bread or some other food such as leftover spaghetti. I think they might think spaghetti is guts or something since they really like it. Gray jays hang most of their food, such as spaghetti all over high up in trees. I guess they never forget where they hang or store their food, no matter how many different trees they store it in.

Grayjays and even a chipmunk or two follow me around sometimes like I always carry food with me. >

A really nice flowered and other wild plant area with my largest spring running through it. Perfect for all kinds of wildlife and butterflies etc. I have even chased cattle, even one large bull out of this spot >

One of the only good pics of a brown Black bear that was around my mtn place. The lady who was my only human visitor that summer of 2013 took this pic. She said she was not afraid of the bear but she said she could not sleep knowing it was around and she left a day or so after taking this pic. I did chase that bear far up the mountain but she did not want to follow and so getting what could have been a great and exciting video.
I am sure many would not have liked it or thought that I was reckless, crazy or living dangerously. But that is the way it is up there and bears and such are a big part of remote wild areas, even people's cabin or campsites. Bears etc. were there first after all.

The one good pic of that bear taken on June 19th, 2013. >

A pic later in the summer when the bear had torn off this strong plywood covering over the outside tool box. At least the lock held but as you can see the bear ripped the plywood in half >

As you can see the snow so I actually did not get around to taking the pic until a month or so later in late Sept. just after it had snowed some.

Me looking into a bear's den that is a few hundred feet above my mtn land. It was a fox den for years until the black bear took it over a couple years ago>

That pic reminded me of this one but I did not want to stick my head inside the bear's den >

This is a new pic of an elk head that I was able to obtain for free when hiking on and near my private property. It was actually about a mile up the private dirt road which was covered in a foot of snow last October 2013. I dragged this elk head with its heavy antlers, a mile down the snowy private road to the bunker. >

In the middle and near the bottom of this pic is shown on the snowy road where I dragged that elk head. >

I let that elk head lay for a few days and thought it looks like no one is going to pick it up so early one morning in late Oct. 2013 I dragged that elk head one mile on the private road to my land and put it in the bunker. Which was not easy by myself.
I also think that some neighbor who I know had been hunting for elk like he usually does that time of the year with friends very likely had left that elk head for whomever wanted it.
IF I had not taken it then weasels, fox or bear likely would have eaten or moved that elk head. Or at least the elk head would have laid there all winter until next June when the snow would have melted.

I think all this winter, until June, mice, weasels and other critters will eat - clean all the meat off of that elk head. They can access the back of the head, mainly the neck from a space I left under the front steel door of the bunker. And so I should have a nice skull with the large antlers attached and put it up in the new cabin.

Not the best pic and I just used a flashlight to light it up and for some reason I could only get a small pic but it shows what the elk head antlers look like inside the underground bunker >

That elk skull after all the meat etc. is gone, will hopefully look like this >

I could post more wildlife pics but many are from 20 plus years ago and I would have to buy a scanner to get the paper pics up. But plenty of pics on the net. I posted mainly the few good pics I took this past summer. Wish I could or would have had a camera when I have seen some very interesting sights such as a pika ( I call it a rock rabbit ) and a weasel = marten face each other by a large pile of logs. I will never forget that even though it happened over 20 years ago on the edge of my mtn land.

But here is the best animal track I did take that late October day when hiking back the mile down the private road to my pickup truck where I slept in the back in a camper shell with a small tent and warm sleeping bag. There was a foot or more of icy snow on that road and I only had my old 2 wheel drive pickup so I did not dare drive down the private road but parked near the state highway 70 which is always plowed until mid Nov.

And here is the one good animal track I took on my last day up there which was Oct. 28, 2013. It looks like a cow track but no cattle up there after hunting season begins on Oct. first. It is a bull elk track since I never see cow elk walk alone. I followed these tracks which were going along the private road for half a mile then they went into the woods. >

I think where I drew a red line around, looks like a bearded face, with the one nice elk track forming the eyes. But maybe I was alone a little too long up there? >

The deer are sneaky on my mtn place usually going just around it on my border and just in the national forest borders two sides of my mtn land. >

This is one of the only good chipmunk pics on my mtn place >

The neighbors who have a weekend cabin near my Wyoming land but who live in Colorado are a bad influence on a chipmunk or two up there. Kidding although some of those CO people are a bad influence although no one can influence me. And just one more reason I like WY better than CO. >

A couple trout caught near my mtn place >

I am holding a trout just before cleaning it >

A bluebird nest and I have at least one robin family who keeps coming back every year or at least robins who use the same tree and nest area. But I did not get a pic of the robin's nest. Maybe next summer. But here is the bluebird nest >

I think I have seen every Rocky Mountain animal on or near my mtn place except a grizz or wolverine. I have seen mountain lion tracks near in a rocky drier area not too far from the mtn place / hold and I would just as soon never see a grizzley bear or wolverine. I did see two very large grey dog like animals that were tracking a herd of cow elk a few years ago.

I was inside my pickup eating, which is one of my best places to see much wildlife and I saw first the herd of cow elk with some calves then a few minutes later the very large gray canines which I know were wolves.

The summer of 2005 I had a good wildlife book on birds and all Rocky Mountain animals and plants. I did identify all the animals but not all of the plants on and neawr my mtn land.

I could post many pics especially from off the net showing the many kinds of animals and plants. Maybe someday. But here are the only two pics that are not mine and what I found on the net showing the most colorful bird that I see almost every summer especially on my sunny hillside where I am building the new cabin. I do also have some pics of what I have done in building that new cabin but I think I will wait until later, maybe even this summer or later when I will have many more pics to show, especially about the new cabin.

But here are a couple pics I found showing the most colorful bird I have seen on my mtn land, which is called a Western Tanager. The female is more camo colored shown feeding a baby >

I Really like this quote and I think it also tells what makes up a great survival retreat / BOL / hold / human or wildlife refuge or even homestead >

"Birds are like people. The bird is here because it's a good place. There's food and there's safety. When a bird doesn't like a situation, it protects itself and stays away.
No matter where you are in the world, if you see a bird in a place, it's a good place, a safe place, a place that sustains life." Enru Lin, bird-watcher, in the China Post

One more pic showing some "wildlife" in a McDonald's in Greeley, CO where I have spent too much time this past winter on the net. I am sure he did not see me take this pic with my laptop. And I don't know his name or anything but he was interesting with his camo coat and fox fur hat!

More pics maybe later or maybe even not til next year. MMM
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2014, 07:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,146 Posts

Thanks for all the pictures, MMM. It is always great to see you doing what many of us only dream of doing. Keep on keeping on, buddy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to grandma For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

If any have missed it here is the link to my latest and possibly last mega pic thread. >>> http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=343804

One more thing that I just found out about a week or two ago from an ad and this site > http://www.harborfreight.com/

I got many flashlights and quite a few other things Free ( with no purchase necessary ) from the Harborfreight store which is only one block from my Greeley, CO place two or so years ago.

This spring of 2014 Harborfreight has many coupons that people can use, even just go into the store and get the item such as a flashlight, 25 foot tape measure, tarps etc. etc. Free. Hope many will check their site > http://www.harborfreight.com/

You can most likely find 3 or more Free Harborfreight coupons in the Sunday papers.

I plan to go and use those coupons to get many items there about every day from now til June or whenever I go back up to my mtn retreat.
I can also barter with the owner guy at a store in Riverside, WY and get a dollar's worth of barter for a flashlight etc.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Bazinga!

Gather up al lthe free flashlights and tarps you can get for free at HF. The batteries they include in teh little black flashlights last a good long time too.
Ask them when they will have their next scratch n dent sale - I picked up a HUGE double thick tarp for .15 on the dollar. More than paid for itself a few times since.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad-max For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 AM
Tested in the Wilderness

Awards Showcase

I think today is the best day to respond to the following two posts. I was going to and maybe should just ignore but if any know me, then you know I do not ignore much and eventually do respond if given enough time and motivation.

Not sure about others newspapers but in my hometown, the town I must "live" in from Nov. to June, Greeley, Colorado, the main newspaper had one small quote on the top of the front page saying: "Happy Easter" but the front page had as its cover story the topic of Pot and today being 4-20 and a major pot = marijuana holiday. And no where else in the newspaper was any mention of this most Holy of Holidays and I am talking about Easter and not any Pot "holiday".
MUCH different from the conservative old fashioned newspaper of 20 or more years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1d View Post
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

μολὼν λαβέ
I believe that although I believe Jesus died for everyones soul and for Freedom. I would hate to think what the world would be like if Jesus had never come to Earth. I doubt there would even be much if any Freedom or USA.
Even without the Bible it seems like there would not be a USA or much that is good in today's world. Seems like since the Bible has been watered down, especially ignored and ridiculed so much, there are many more problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watch Ryder View Post
And before the Common Era...

Odin All-Father!

Sacrificed himself from the world tree, pierced by a spear (like Christ).

The one who passed on knowledge of the nine worlds and gave his very eye to learn the secrets of the runes and pass them on to us.
That is interesting and I respect your opinions and beliefs WR. I will never ridicule or hopefully even criticize and I also hope we can discuss many important things especially on a certain Mountain retreat / Hold. You WR, are my best friend in real life although someday I still hope to marry a good outdoors type lady. And she would then be my very best friend but you WR will always be the one who has helped me the most, mainly in creating a good Mountain Hold.

I could write much trying to tell what I believe.
I have seen no evidence of a world tree etc. and no evidence, historical or other wise of many religions. But there is much evidence, in history and actual historical places and writings etc. etc. of Biblical Christianity.

In short, I believe the Bible and not man-made religions. Many might think the Bible is man-made and of course it was written down by men but in my beliefs I do not think any other book is as God inspired as the Holy Bible.

I think most religions, even including most of Christianity, are desperately trying to reach up to God but in the Bible it shows how God reached down to man in the person of his Son....
Hope many will sincerely find their truth which hopefully will be the real Truth!

I have also seen quite a few crosses that hikers had left on top of mountains that I have climbed. Rarely are their natural crosses as in tree shapes or mountain sides. The best one I have ever seen is the Mt. of the Holy Cross not too far from Vail, Colorado. Here is a real pic of it taken in the 1870's >

And the way it looks today with a rock hut and the natural mountain cross in the background >

Anyway, I truly Hope that everyone has a Happy Blessed Easter, even Life, no matter what you believe or do not believe....

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnman Mike View Post
In short, I believe the Bible and not man-made religions.
AMEN Brother, HAPPY EASTER!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ballenxj For This Useful Post: