Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
I love this forum

Default bug out location

Advertise Here

whers the best bug out location within 50 miles of southern california area
Old 11-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Washington was right....

Thanked 9,955 Times in 3,469 Posts

Don't think there is one....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steverino For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
old hand

Thanked 6,265 Times in 2,984 Posts
Default secret ... shhhh

You go over to where old man Johnson's barn used to be and take a left.
Go down that road, just past where the indians fished off that flat rock.

You know ... where that old cow died.

You should be good there.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ex-hunter For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Full loose Bozo

Thanked 1,605 Times in 556 Posts

I actually thought about this even though I am from Az. I have made the trip between Phoenix and San Diego many times. The terrain between Jacumba and Alpine is pretty rugged. I have always thought about what it would be like to own a piece of land in that stretch of country. My best advice would be to use Google earth and find a secluded spot. My bol is in the mtns of Az. It is situated So that I can see whats coming from the west of me. I'm not worried about the other directions cuz there is no road behind me, Just mountain. My bol also has two retreats that I can go to just in case. Water is plentiful during the winter time but I have yet to figure out what to do during summer.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Tested in the Wilderness

Thanked 16,950 Times in 3,505 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

I think getting at least 500 miles from southern Californica would be a good BOL. I don't know if there is a "good" or best BOL near CA but I have heard something about an Area 51 which is supposed to have deep underground facilities etc. - watch the movie Independence Day. "They" probably would not let anyone in though.

IF people Have to stay in CA then possibly northern CA would be good. Southern Oregon even better around Rogue River.

Since you are new, welcome to one pretty good survivalistboard, possibly the best one, hope it stays the best.

Here is my BOL - remote mtn survival retreat if any new people have not seen it > http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=52880
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mtnman Mike For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljc2008 View Post
You are pretty much still in Southern California if you go only 50 miles.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Trapper

uh probably in a deep hole.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,385 Times in 696 Posts

Sorry, nothing down here but sand and rattlesnakes. Instead try Northern Arizona. I hear they have LOTS of room and resources for people fleeing California. And they are so nice and sharing folks. Yep sounds much better than where I am. Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
Sell crazy someplace else

Thanked 1,551 Times in 840 Posts

Tijuana. You ask some really good questions.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=84193
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 PM
2cd mouse gets the cheese

I live in Northern AZ, make sure you change your plates to AZ before heading up this way, keep a set in your trunk. There is no good way to tell at a 1000+ yds in someones cross hairs if your a stand up guy or not. In a SHTF scenario there are alot of Arizonians who think the border should be closed to Komifornian refugee's. Californians have taken their laws to other states, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and here too. Not to say the least they are not impressed! Just make sure you strip off anything saying that I am a Californian! I wish it wasn't so but unfortunately we will being dealing with the lowest common denominators!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rat Eater For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,682 Posts

You can't even get to the Antelope Valley {Palmdale, Barstow Boron California City etc) with just 50 miles up the distance. Focus on Shaver lake area or something around Yosemite along the Merced river "Hites Cove" in Mariposa county on the South Fork of the Merced River (4 miles up river from highway 140) has some very very deep mines in the area and is extremely remote. Fish Camp around south Yosemite Entrance has alot of Mining area that are long forgot. The San Gabriel Mtns in SoCal may offer some relief however with all the people good luck...imo
Old 11-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Hiker

Make a map and mark any location that might be a terrorist target . Military base or a federal govt. office .
Old 11-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,437 Times in 1,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAHAMMER View Post
Sorry, nothing down here but sand and rattlesnakes. Instead try Northern Arizona. I hear they have LOTS of room and resources for people fleeing California. And they are so nice and sharing folks. Yep sounds much better than where I am. Good Luck!
Californians are coming to CO by the droves. They are getting the hell outta dodge!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squeak For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Sell crazy someplace else

Thanked 1,551 Times in 840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
You can't even get to the Antelope Valley {Palmdale, Barstow Boron California City etc) with just 50 miles up the distance. Focus on Shaver lake area or something around Yosemite along the Merced river "Hites Cove" in Mariposa county on the South Fork of the Merced River (4 miles up river from highway 140) has some very very deep mines in the area and is extremely remote. Fish Camp around south Yosemite Entrance has alot of Mining area that are long forgot. The San Gabriel Mtns in SoCal may offer some relief however with all the people good luck...imo
Don't send him up north. I hear Washington is great. Go up there.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 12,395 Times in 4,605 Posts

I lived in Upland for several years and I moved up to the high desert in 1985. If you are asking about an area to bug out to after a crisis has hit I don't have a lot of ideas for you.

In all honesty, you will have trouble finding an open area with available water within a full gas tankfull of downtown LA. Perhaps if you already live in the northern or eastern outskirts (ie, San Fernando valley to Palmdale or Ontario to San Berdo) you might make it without having to buy gas. But if you live at the beach, south bay, or down town you really need to bug out before the event (how can you predict that) or think about moving out of LA well before an crisis. How about moving tomorrow for instance.

I am not real happy about living in the high desert either. California has just too many people and many of them have an entitlist mentality that means trouble in any kind of a grid down crisis condition. I bough some ranch land in another state and will retire and move there in a few years.

If you did manage to bug out well before the crowd, I suggest that you head for the Sierra's east of Fresno, or to North East California (Susanville), or to south central Utah and points east. Planning to bug out only 50 miles is just not very rational in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,385 Times in 696 Posts

Maybe 50 miles is the max range of his electric car?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MEGAHAMMER For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 12:36 PM
This is not survival.

Thanked 1,829 Times in 666 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Instructional Post Outstanding Post Outstanding Informative Post 
Total Awards: 3

50 miles from WHERE in SoCal? 50 miles won't get you halfway from LA to SD. Hell, LA county is wider than that, let alone SBD.

My main problem is that I have to get down there and back up to my place if SHTF. But I have four routes down there, none of which use any interstates.

Avoid Baldy, Arrowhead, and Big Bear. Friends living up there are already planning to block roads and run people out with their neighbors. If I lived in SoCal, I would plan on a very quiet bug-in, or just plan on hiding my stuff and heading off with the sheep to whatever pasture they ask. Pulling a BO from SoCal will be hell.

Just wait til the water gets turned off.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Padre of the holy weld.

Quote:
Alright I have a few questions for you my friend. Are we talking Urban? And if so how urban are we talking?
I might suggest an abandoned building as a staging area until your ready to blitz to a better place. I don't know about where you live, but where I'm at there are quite a few empty buildings to hide out in. Well I hope it helps.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM

The Pacific Ocean.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capelthwait For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Living To Ride

Thanked 1,777 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
No such place. Southern Ca is totally dependent upon the infrastructure staying intact. Dependent for everything from water to power coming from out of state. Once that collapses the state will turn into desert. There is a reason there were not many Native nations in CA
The Following User Says Thank You to LongRider For This Useful Post: