Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 PM
I love this forum

Default The Characteristics of a Dictatorship

Advertise Here

Quote:
There are four characteristics which brand a country unmistakably as a dictatorship: one-party rule—executions without trial or with a mock trial, for political offenses—the nationalization or expropriation of private property—and censorship. A country guilty of these outrages forfeits any moral prerogatives, any claim to national rights or sovereignty, and becomes an outlaw.
How many of violations of these four is the US guilty of? Do you have any evidence of it?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM
he's at it again

i don't think the US is truely guilty of any of those. you might be able to make a minor case for one or another. but on a large scale, really none of those take place in the US.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Son Of Liberty

Thanked 1,550 Times in 652 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post Outstanding Informative Post 
Total Awards: 2

One party rule, is currently in place, though we call some Democrat, and the other republican the difference is only how they bring about the same end goal. Tomas Jefferson ran for office as a Democratic republican, they are grossly related.

executions without trial or with a mock trial for political offenses, Waco, Ruby ridge, Gordon Call. The continued abuse of powers by judges, police , and other Gmen, Have made the legal system a joke. They deny people the right to defend them self by denying certain points of there legal argument to be heard, the judge can simply decide what the jury hears and dose not. These are all political, the three examples I posted were people who did not agree with certain political things, they didn't come out and say thats why they killed them, but they sure found a convenient excuse.

the nationalization or expropriation of private property, Emanate Domain, the Interstate system, hell they can take your land and "Sell" it to foreign companies that they believe will benefit them. Alaska's Oil fields and government controlled land. The Tax they charge you on goods then give to other countries, they take your property as your money is the fruits of your labor.

censorship, while not yet total censorship, we have parental warnings on CD. a rating on movies. Press access limitations, they don't come right out and say your not going to report this story they do limit access to such stories. They Make saying a derogatory word a hate crime, call a gay guy a FAG and see what happens.

They know they cant come right out and do these thing for the most part so they use manipulation to accomplish the same goal.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beaterar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,930 Times in 1,681 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Well, being denied the USE of private property, is a common occurrance.

Sometimes because it has an endangered plant, animal, or insect.

In our area we have what is called the Green Swamp, where even if you own land you are not allowed to build a home unless it is on at least 40 acres.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Pastor

Thanked 1,477 Times in 573 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Informative Post 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
Well, being denied the USE of private property, is a common occurrance.

Sometimes because it has an endangered plant, animal, or insect.

In our area we have what is called the Green Swamp, where even if you own land you are not allowed to build a home unless it is on at least 40 acres.
I've hunted green swamp, many times.
I always would go out of the east hunt camp, and go north on that creek, I mean road going through those two nice little ponds up there.
Good hunting, because all the ya hoos would get drunk and make noise all night, it chased the game into that area.
My truck had 40" tires, so I could go all the way through, up there.
Most trucks couldn't make it
The good old days !!
Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ”) (Matthew 22:21)
Old 03-01-2008, 01:25 AM
jimmyisready

America isn't a dictatorship yet, but some really scary policies have been inacted that definetly don't sit well with people who love freedom. To begin the patriot act, NAFTA, the brady bill, which I sure as hell don't want coming back, secret FISA courts, the Bush addministation self proclaiming itself untouchable to the world court or legalities, NSA easdropping on American citizens, the NAFTA superhighway, censorship, of the media, of books in our libraries, writing and ommiting truth/lies accross the nation in all the main newspapers, and magazines, and finally good old George W, making himself the sole authority to inact martial law. All this crap sure doesn't earn my trust. Whats next "the tell on your neigbor or your a terrorist act?"
Old 03-01-2008, 03:03 AM
I love this forum

Post Deleted.

Last edited by FM2176; 04-09-2008 at 08:52 AM..