Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 11-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Livin' off the land

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default Which guns do you not need a permit for in PA

Advertise Here

I own a ranch/farm in PA, and i currently do not own a Gun Permit. I know that you do not need a gun permit for a 12 gauge shotgun at my gun shop, you just need to be 18. Are there any others guns you don't need a permit for?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Gott Mit Uns

Thanked 1,536 Times in 809 Posts

Your fine if you are on your property.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalist12 View Post
I own a ranch/farm in PA, and i currently do not own a Gun Permit. I know that you do not need a gun permit for a 12 gauge shotgun at my gun shop, you just need to be 18. Are there any others guns you don't need a permit for?
As far as I know, all of them. If you talking about carrying once concealed then you need a permit, but as far as I know PA doesn't require a permit for any firearms, though fully auto and silencers are still regulated by the federal government and may require local paper work as well. Outside that, rifles and handguns do no require any permits, walk into Cabelas and buy some
Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Vocal Minority

here in MA you can have a blackpowder gun no problem, everthing else you're jumping through hoops for.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 PM

In Pennsylvania you do not need a permit to own a firearm, you do not need to have a permit to carry any firearm on your property. You only need a permit to carry a handgun concealed, but may open carry a handgun without a permit, the one catch to this is when you get into a vehicle the open carried firearm is now considered concealed due to it being out of sight. You must unlaod your handgun and lock it up so as not to violate that Catch-22 law. This of course assumes you are legally allowed to own a firearm to begin with of course. If you are not legally allowed to own a firearm you may not legally carry, even on your own property.

Last edited by Pooch15825; 11-02-2009 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: To add an addendum
Old 11-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,224 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSurvi.../0/e2Xf_v1SV1w

Dude. You are about 13 years old. I showed you once before, and I'll show you again:

Here ya go, Partner. All the ranch gun you need. According to NJ law, you cannot possess this. I'd hate to see your Boarding School stint turn into a Reform School fiasco. After watching your survivalist video's, I'm thinking reform school may be traumatic for you.

Stick with this. If you can find the red rubber innertubes, they make the best slingshots.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Livin' off the land

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrader01 View Post

Dude. You are about 13 years old. I showed you once before, and I'll show you again:

Here ya go, Partner. All the ranch gun you need. According to NJ law, you cannot possess this. I'd hate to see your Boarding School stint turn into a Reform School fiasco. After watching your survivalist video's, I'm thinking reform school may be traumatic for you.

Stick with this. If you can find the red rubber innertubes, they make the best slingshots.

That doesn't mean my family can protect themselves from the government, or personal protection. It also doesn't mean I cant learn about law.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Livin' off the land

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatrader01 View Post

That doesn't mean my family can protect themselves from the government, or personal protection. It also doesn't mean I cant learn about law.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
in a land of confusion

Thanked 1,386 Times in 508 Posts

thats true
Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 100,242 Times in 32,577 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Last I remember, you had bought a .22 pistol. How'd you manage that without a license if it's required where you live?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Livin' off the land

Awards Showcase

.22 Caliber pistol in New Jersey..