Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Knives, Swords & Axes
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Knives, Swords & Axes Survival knives, multi-tools, gerber, buck, cold steel, leather man.....

Advertise Here

Old 06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 1,198 Times in 559 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekHer View Post
Lile was selling a three blade of his first two "Big" Rambo survival knives and a dagger from Rambo 2...The third blade prototype was made but Stallone rejected it and went with the Hibben and why UC (United Cutlery) got to make the complete set of copies...This is the set Lile was selling:

Jimmy Lile - Rambo 3 knife set

This is the rejected prototype of R3:

Jimmy Lile - Rambo 3 reject

Prior to his death the Rambo First Blood version made by him were selling for just under $1,200 and they're now going for $3,500+

There are a few makers using hollow handles but I only have access to a couple of them,,,Randall and Chris Reeve make a quality hollow handle knife...
I have the Randall Model 18 in 5.5" as I found that size more comfortable then the 7.5" one...
Chris Reeve has the Mark Vl (5.5"), Skinner (4.5"), Project 1 and ll, Shadow lll and lV, Mountaineer l and ll (4"), and the Nkonka all with hollow handles...I also have his Sebenza (3.625") folder but none of those are hollow handled...

As I've never seen an actual Lile First Blood knife I can't comment on the lock up system on the handle but on both the Reeve and Randall that I have were placed them in a tub of water and the contents were dry after 4 hours immersed...The UC one that a friend had leaked but if that was his knife alone or endemic to all of them I don't know but read that others were complaining about the knives as well...
Reeve no longer offers his famous hollow handle line. His forge supplier in South Africa retired leaving Reeve with no more blanks to machine.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:42 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 5,248 Times in 3,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Reeve no longer offers his famous hollow handle line. His forge supplier in South Africa retired leaving Reeve with no more blanks to machine.
Look at the date of the posting!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 1,198 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekHer View Post
Look at the date of the posting!
Oh hell!! At my age everything all runs together!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktomes_340 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has the Rambo knives from the first 3 movies. I have the set that came out in early 2000 with the real leather sheaths and the certificates of authencity with them. What I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using them and if they were stout enough to be used in the field.
You need to check out Black Star Knives he makes Blades from the Rambo 1&2
movies along with Cammando, Predator, movies and they are made better with stronger handels that wont break or get loose.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:55 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 5,248 Times in 3,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo66 View Post
You need to check out Black Star Knives he makes Blades from the Rambo 1&2
movies along with Cammando, Predator, movies and they are made better with stronger handels that wont break or get loose.
He makes lovely knives and his prices are much cheaper then original Hibben or Lile but they're still $650 to $775 (depending on model) for a stock knife.

Now we're in the realm of custom made knives and for those prices they had better be made stronger...His, I'd have no qualms whatsoever, taking out and bashing around and I don't really favour horking big knives.