Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Religious Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 10-01-2009, 09:38 PM
thepostmandelivers

Default Struggling with wshtf and being a christian

Advertise Here

Ok i've been here long enough and talked to enough of to be somewhat comfortable with this...here goes. I've struggled with this for years...In my former profession i went where uncle sugar sent me , put who they said were bad guys in the cross hairs and terminated them.no moral dilema there it was combat..mostly. i've spent the last fifteen years trying to raise my sons to do the right thing even when no one was watching. Now i have to prepare for the possibility of killing again wtshtf. Yes i know the arguments of self defense, protecting your family, those that can't protect theselves...but am i the only one struggling with this? If not then how about some help with this concept. jabba
Old 10-01-2009, 09:46 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Howdy. I don't see where there will necessarily be a need to harm anyone during a SHTF scenario. I mean, I do believe in staying armed and alert but there's no reason to believe that we need to be the aggressors in such a situation. Just stock up and protect yourself and your family. If the need to shoot in self defense arises then you are within your civil right as well as your God given right to do so. You would be no good to your family if you are dead so you will have to stay alive.

If you currently live in an area where you have no doubt that you and your family will be at risk during a SHTF situation then I would pray for a door to open so that you and your family can hightail it out of there pronto.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 55,210 Times in 16,854 Posts

I can't add anything to what AJ said....perfectly summed it up!

Hopefully we won't have to face this situation...in my mind I think we're okay or

at least 95% of me....it's just that nagging 5%

Don't forget what God promised you and YOUR FAMILY:

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus... Philippians 4:19
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OhioMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,179 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbagrunt View Post
Ok i've been here long enough and talked to enough of to be somewhat comfortable with this...here goes. I've struggled with this for years...In my former profession i went where uncle sugar sent me , put who they said were bad guys in the cross hairs and terminated them.no moral dilema there it was combat..mostly. i've spent the last fifteen years trying to raise my sons to do the right thing even when no one was watching. Now i have to prepare for the possibility of killing again wtshtf. Yes i know the arguments of self defense, protecting your family, those that can't protect theselves...but am i the only one struggling with this? If not then how about some help with this concept. jabba
First some more info, Are you a member of the Body?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 300mag For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Preparing...

IMO
God would have no problem with you taking another persons life if you are saving either your own or somebody elses life by doing so.

Don't worry about what might happen, prepare for them but be at peace that god will protect you.
Like AJ said, don't go out looking for trouble, and only shoot as a last resort, not "just in case" as i've heard people talk about before.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisday4064 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Hunter

There have been quite a few threads on this subject jabba,prior to you coming on.maybe search the religious section .
Farmer and I have thought about this for years,and believe God will stand behind us if we protect our family.
I have said a few times before,but Thou shalt not kill,in the hebrew and greek,actually means Thou shalt not murder,self defence is a different issue.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farmerswife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2009, 11:46 AM
thepostmandelivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
First some more info, Are you a member of the Body?
Oh,yes everyone in my family with the exception of my 12yr old have excepted Jesus as lord and saviour and are active members of our church. If that were not the case, then being a combat veteran, the idea of having to fight again would not bother me as much. thanks to all of you for your support on this. semper fi. jabba
The Following User Says Thank You to jabbagrunt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,179 Times in 3,164 Posts

Quote:
Oh,yes everyone in my family with the exception of my 12yr old have excepted Jesus as lord and saviour and are active members of our church. If that were not the case, then being a combat veteran, the idea of having to fight again would not bother me as much. thanks to all of you for your support on this. semper fi. jabba
Well.......IMO NO .

His kingdom is not of this world

Otherwise his followers would fight

He could have asked God for 10 legions of His fathers angels

God can Protect us -----IMO if we trust him AND its His will.

IMO ---We are just going to hide in the woods and trust the Lord . It could be that he wants us to testify and die.

I respect whatever choice you make
The Following User Says Thank You to 300mag For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Target Shooter

First off - If your screen name is in reference to Star Wars, then Kudos!

Secondly, I agree with what most have said here. Farmerswife has a good point. Murder and taking a life in defense of ones self or ones family are two very different things.

And like AJ said, there may not even be the need for that degree of violence come SHTF. But best to be prepared and well stocked.

Prepare for the worst, pray for the best.

Last edited by talleymonster; 11-09-2009 at 09:12 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to talleymonster For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM

If you allow the monster to take what's yours and kill you in the process, you have not sinned. But if you allow the monster to take your life when you could have stopped him, and he goes on to take the lives of others...
The Following User Says Thank You to Pisgah For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:44 PM

IMO it's more loving to stop that which is wrong thus protecting the right. God has given me the ability to protect myself and my family. As a last resort I will attempt to stop anyone intent on causing harm to us. With that said I don't think I would feel remorse using lethal force, because stopping evil and protecting the innocent is in accordance with my Father's nature.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
In Bat Country

Thanked 1,339 Times in 655 Posts

on top of everything that has been said about defense, just look at the death and destruction God ordered the Israelites to carry out as they marched into the holy land… then the all the times he used foreign powers to crush the Israelites when they strayed from him… then there are examples with Jesus cursing the Pharisees and smashing up the money making booths in the temple.

God’s end all be all isn’t to be a fuzzy wuzzy nice God, he is about what is right…

Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,623 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote:
Now i have to prepare for the possibility of killing again wtshtf.
Just remember that nowadays, the internet lets rumors, fantasies, and "what if" scenarios be talked about so much that it becomes reality to many. Don't fall victim to that mentality, make up your own mind about things. I seriously doubt that your grave concerns about SHTF are purely your own opinion and have not been tainted by an army of idiots.