Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files



Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 10:34 AM
rokitoes rokitoes is offline
Resident Gun Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Age: 26
Posts: 78
Thanks: 33
Thanked 91 Times in 30 Posts
Default Clearing Houses



Advertise Here

Here's your scenario:

SHTF big time. It's zombie apocalypse and for whatever reason, you've run out of preps way too early and/or your location has been compromised. You need shelter, medicine, and other supplies. You also realize that other people have probably ransacked many houses already, but you have to check houses for supplies and/or a place to lay low for a while.

What would you look for in deciding which houses to investigate? How would you go about clearing a house room to room? What kind of gear would you bring with you on one of these missions? What would you leave behind while clearing houses? How many trusted individuals would you prefer to have with you while clearing houses? What kind of makeshift security would you set up for a temporary base in one of these houses?



Disclaimer: This is not a thread advocating B&E or stealing from people. This is a thread containing a scenario in which the dead are walking and trying to kill every living person. Real or imaginary, zombie's have been used to get people into prepping which makes them a great starting point for newbies.

Last edited by rokitoes; 08-20-2009 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: Disclaimer. Did I seriously need a disclaimer? Sigh.
The Following User Says Thank You to rokitoes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 10:57 AM
HDCowboy's Avatar
HDCowboy HDCowboy is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Age: 51
Posts: 305
Thanks: 8
Thanked 151 Times in 90 Posts
Default

I dont understand whats makes you any different than the other people your speaking of in that example. You should have allready had supplies stored or a plan to make your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to HDCowboy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 AM
rokitoes rokitoes is offline
Resident Gun Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Age: 26
Posts: 78
Thanks: 33
Thanked 91 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCowboy View Post
I dont understand whats makes you any different than the other people your speaking of in that example. You should have allready had supplies stored or a plan to make your own.
Well, first of all, it's the zombie apocalypse. Secondly, I did say you ran out of preps sooner than you had planned and that for some reason your location was compromised.

I think that makes it a bit different.

This is not a thread advocating B&E or stealing from people. This is a thread containing a scenario in which the dead are walking and trying to kill every living person.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM
razadp razadp is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NH-USA
Age: 49
Posts: 807
Thanks: 105
Thanked 514 Times in 311 Posts
Default

To do it quickly, you need at least a three-man team to provide proper fire zones covering the guy who actually does the door opening, etc.

However, since I may very well be alone in that situation, extended observation times and a very quiet entrance would be my alternate. Observe from hiding for a full day, advance into the house, sit and listen a couple hours, etc.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razadp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM
PartisonConfederat's Avatar
PartisonConfederat PartisonConfederat is offline
SLACK OUT!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: East Texas
Posts: 504
Thanks: 290
Thanked 296 Times in 134 Posts
Default

I would think that if a home looks like it has already been broken into, zombies would think that there is nothing there and everything has been taken. That is where I would go.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Tom Swift Tom Swift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 92
Thanks: 2
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Join the army otherwise lets keep the zombie fantasy land crap to a minimum as it isn't all that productive.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:58 PM
MEGAHAMMER's Avatar
MEGAHAMMER MEGAHAMMER is offline
Hunter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: yuma,arizona
Posts: 1,903
Thanks: 1,806
Thanked 1,384 Times in 696 Posts
Default

Okay, how about a Pancho Villa style raid by the Drug Cartels,where they are raiding homes,kidnapping young girls and firebombing houses while also attacking police and sheriff substations and attacking communications and power. You and a couple of friends who have gathered at your home observe a dark SUV pullup to your neighbors home, and several armed men pileout and attack. After a few moments they drag a teenage girl out as you hear gunfire in the home. You and your friends ambush the kidnappers and secure the girl, who tearfully informs you that there are gunmen in the house along with her parents.
Now how would you clear the home?
The Following User Says Thank You to MEGAHAMMER For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Tom Swift Tom Swift is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 92
Thanks: 2
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Your not rambo you wait until the bad guys come out. If your serious about learning CQB and room clearing A: Join the Army or B: Take a Course. There are more then enough courses in the US that teach tactical carbine and offensive and defensive pistol and CQB and room clearing. What I take from this type of thread is a bunch of internet rambo's who don't have any real supplies and just fantasize about SHTF so they can pillage and plunder.

If you want to be taken serious stop talking about zombie fantasy lands and come up with the slightest believable scenario.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Mikhaelis Mikhaelis is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
If you want to be taken serious stop talking about zombie fantasy lands and come up with the slightest believable scenario.
Heh. Don't be so quick to call it a fantasy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhaelis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 03:59 PM
ZX9RCAM's Avatar
ZX9RCAM ZX9RCAM is offline
Target Shooter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 530
Thanks: 305
Thanked 236 Times in 148 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhaelis View Post
Heh. Don't be so quick to call it a fantasy.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html
And this was written 2 yrs. ago......crud, start looking for Zombies!



Old 08-20-2009, 04:00 PM
edmorseiii edmorseiii is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Mall Ninja
Old 08-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Steverino's Avatar
Steverino Steverino is offline
Washington was right....
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SillyCon Valley
Posts: 5,686
Thanks: 2,141
Thanked 9,857 Times in 3,440 Posts
Default

Wiki definition:

Zombie: A zombie is a creature that appears in folklore and popular culture typically as a reanimated corpse or a mindless human being.

As far as I can tell, zombies do not exist.... neither do vampires, werewolves or abominable snowmen....

My buddies 16 year old kid is fascinated with zombies... to the point where he'll say "wouldn't it be cool if zombies took over".... usually at this point his dad tells him to shut the **** up and "start worrying about the government taking over everything, and ruining your future... instead of zombies."

Just an observation, but on average it appears that most American kids these days are the MOST unprepared for a any SHTF... to the point that the only thing they understand as "apocalyptic" is in video games and movies....

Zombies... jesus H. christ I never thought I'd read THAT on this board...
Old 08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
SgtBooker44's Avatar
SgtBooker44 SgtBooker44 is offline
Ron Swanson 2016
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: California
Posts: 31,867
Thanks: 4,380
Thanked 26,754 Times in 13,991 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1
Default

It really takes a bit of skill and practice to clear a house. Three people, minmum. The technique I learned was called the "Three Man Bump". I've seen a trained SWAT team clear a 1700 sq ft 4 bedroom 2 bath house in less than 3 minutes. But that's 10 trained people.

Like Tom Swift said, get some training before you go off and get yourself killed. You reall need to know the other peope on your team and work with them, regularly.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:40 PM
tritt007 tritt007 is offline
Retired from this *****.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 375
Thanks: 172
Thanked 269 Times in 146 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
Wiki definition:

Zombie: A zombie is a creature that appears in folklore and popular culture typically as a reanimated corpse or a mindless human being.

As far as I can tell, zombies do not exist.... neither do vampires, werewolves or abominable snowmen....

My buddies 16 year old kid is fascinated with zombies... to the point where he'll say "wouldn't it be cool if zombies took over".... usually at this point his dad tells him to shut the **** up and "start worrying about the government taking over everything, and ruining your future... instead of zombies."

Just an observation, but on average it appears that most American kids these days are the MOST unprepared for a any SHTF... to the point that the only thing they understand as "apocalyptic" is in video games and movies....

Zombies... jesus H. christ I never thought I'd read THAT on this board...

A abominable snowman is also classified as Bigfoot, or a Sasquatch which i and many others believe in and perhaps have witnessed an actual creature that would be classified under one of those names, and i believe Rokitoe was just giving us a scenario on how we would clear the house,it doesn't necessarily mean there was zombies.And i also believe it will not be the government taking us over it will be them who leads to the economic collapse but other citizens, or perhaps other countries is what you should be worrying about most.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tritt007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Steverino's Avatar
Steverino Steverino is offline
Washington was right....
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SillyCon Valley
Posts: 5,686
Thanks: 2,141
Thanked 9,857 Times in 3,440 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritt007 View Post
A abominable snowman is also classified as Bigfoot, or a Sasquatch which i and many others believe in and perhaps have witnessed an actual creature that would be classified under one of those names, and i believe Rokitoe was just giving us a scenario on how we would clear the house,it doesn't necessarily mean there was zombies.And i also believe it will not be the government taking us over it will be them who leads to the economic collapse but other citizens, or perhaps other countries is what you should be worrying about most.
Sorry for the abruptness... but his 3rd sentence did say... "It's zombie apocalypse..."

And yea.. I get what yer saying about Bigfoot etc... but that's not my point.

My point is... lets worry about things that are "real".... Because really, unless you have some real proof that zombies exist... then they really don't. They pure fantasy. It really does this board and the members who are concerned about the real state of things and are serious about preparing for real outcomes a huge disservice to simplify it as a "zombie apocalypse". I'm not baggin on Rokitoe but he DID called em "zombies" in the beginning and the end... cause as he said in his LAST sentence:


Real or imaginary, zombie's have been used to get people into prepping which makes them a great starting point for newbies.


I can only gather from his statement that he thinks getting noobs into prepping via some sort of fantasy method is a good idea... shouldn't reality be enough?? Seriously, just how many members here got into prepping because of friggin zombies?? Really. And that we all believe the undead are gonna come steal our food??

Yup - It wasn't cause we were worried about our and our kids futures, or that our country was becoming socialist, nah... it was zombies... ya that's the ticket.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 PM
AKpredator AKpredator is offline
Recent Blog:
Survivor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 5,070
Thanks: 1,562
Thanked 2,975 Times in 1,687 Posts
Default

House clearing is a very dangerous undertaking. One of the lessons from Fallujah is that if opposition has time to prepare, it's going to get ugly and you will take real casualties.

Don't confuse a Law Enforcement Drug Raid or High Risk Warrant operation with urban combat. It's not the same. They have time to plan. They have a decent idea who is in there and they can use flash bangs and other equipment. They wouldn't even try it if the opposition was prepared for them unless they had no other option.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:49 PM
adobewalls adobewalls is offline
Trapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 773
Thanks: 452
Thanked 1,062 Times in 473 Posts
Default

NO! NO!, I, I, just can't help myself...

The Following User Says Thank You to adobewalls For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 06:26 PM
swwjeff swwjeff is offline
I love this forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,590
Thanks: 2,877
Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,840 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino View Post
Sorry for the abruptness... but his 3rd sentence did say... "It's zombie apocalypse..."

And yea.. I get what yer saying about Bigfoot etc... but that's not my point.

My point is... lets worry about things that are "real".... Because really, unless you have some real proof that zombies exist... then they really don't. They pure fantasy. It really does this board and the members who are concerned about the real state of things and are serious about preparing for real outcomes a huge disservice to simplify it as a "zombie apocalypse". I'm not baggin on Rokitoe but he DID called em "zombies" in the beginning and the end... cause as he said in his LAST sentence:


Real or imaginary, zombie's have been used to get people into prepping which makes them a great starting point for newbies.


I can only gather from his statement that he thinks getting noobs into prepping via some sort of fantasy method is a good idea... shouldn't reality be enough?? Seriously, just how many members here got into prepping because of friggin zombies?? Really. And that we all believe the undead are gonna come steal our food??

Yup - It wasn't cause we were worried about our and our kids futures, or that our country was becoming socialist, nah... it was zombies... ya that's the ticket.
"Zombies" are mindless creatures going around f'n people up. I see zombies on the street now! It will be worse post SHTF.

Also, many young preppers prepare for "zombie" attacks. I see nothing wrong with that. It get's them thinking about things. After-all, if you can handle "zombies," you can handle most anything.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:41 PM
soco's Avatar
soco soco is offline
lost in the woods
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: wichita ks
Age: 34
Posts: 197
Thanks: 90
Thanked 146 Times in 70 Posts
Default

how about I reword Rokitoes post to something different that maybe wont get attacked so much. It has hit the fan and while you were away from home for a few your house was raided, you know they are still in there and you have to protect whats yours let alone the ability to care for your family is entirely dependable on your preps. How do you clear the house. Twist it up a little and make it fit your own scenario. This is something we could all find ourselves looking at.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to soco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2009, 09:15 PM
HDCowboy's Avatar
HDCowboy HDCowboy is offline
Prepared
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Age: 51
Posts: 305
Thanks: 8
Thanked 151 Times in 90 Posts
Default

I think your best bet would be to rush the house in question in the daytime while shining bright lights on the zombies as we all know that zombies are terrified of bright lights and only come out at night. next I would chunk water balloons filled with holy water in all the rooms killing the zombies immediately, I think this could done by only one person if you had enough lights and water balloons or even better yet you could set the house a fire temporarily and put it out with a firetruck load of holy water.
The Following User Says Thank You to HDCowboy For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
home defense, preps, security, shtf, zombie



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Kevin Felts 2006 - 2012,
Green theme by http://www.themesbydesign.net