Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 05-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Default walton feed

Advertise Here

I was asked to reply to a post on another thread and I didn't feel this fit on the other one, so I put it here for those who are asking. Perhaps many people have a good experience with a company and only one will have a bad one. THIS IS MY EXPRIENCE - not anyone elses. If you have had a good experience, I am glad for you. Keep using what/whom you like.

Around here, Walton's is known for their delivery problems. It takes forever to get your order, or as in my case, you never do.

I ordered from Walton Feed. I am in TN they are way off in the west (ID?). I ordered $1200 worth of grains, etc from them. They said they would wait to put it on the next truck going my direction. I called about every other month to see if a truck was scheduled - 9 months later - I didn' t have my stuff. I called and asked what was up and if they had a truck going east yet - if I could pick it up somewhere else, etc. They said their truck going my way had gone out a couple weeks before and my order was too large to put on it. ARG. I decided to wait for one more truck. Three months later - no stuff. However, all this time, they had my money. So, I asked to refund it and then did.

If you are ordered just a little bit of small items, that can be mailed directly to you, I think there isn't such a problem. If you live closer or have a larger group order, there isn't a problem. But what I did became a problem.

I can get most of the things I want from other sources. I was trying to do it the convenient way - delivery to my door. It didn't work out. I don't recommend them because my order was there for just under a year and then labeled as "too large" after all that wait. I felt the truth was my order was "lost" and not found until the truck was already 1/2 loaded. And no effort was made after that to get it to me, even after I offered to go as far as KC to pick it up (8 hr drive).

I hope others have had better luck.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,911 Times in 814 Posts

Callie,

You are a far more patient person than I. I had previously heard only good things about Walton Feed, but I have never used them myself.

Thanks for providing another perspective.

Cheers,
-Per.

-Edmund Burke

Canadian Survivalistsp
Old 05-25-2007, 11:12 AM

Default hey

Given certain circumstances, they are probably just fine too! I don't know of anyone around here that uses them because of transportation issues. More people use Montana Wheat or www.somethingbetternaturalfoods.com

Usually I go to an LDS Bishop's Storehouse (2 hr drive) and stock up on what I need for about 1/2 the price of any place else I have found.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,681 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Thanks for the heads up, Callie.
I'm like Per, as far as hearing good about them,but there are other sources, as you pointed out.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Board Supporter

Thanked 3,815 Times in 1,017 Posts

I had posted a thread asking for help in locating grains a while back. Started looking into it, and mentioned it to my daughter, Raven. She told me that one of the grocery stores in this area carried large bags of grain. I am in the Virginia area, and some of the Ukrop's stores have it, but only the larger stores. You might want to check out some of the larger grocery stores that cater to health conscious people in your areas, because there is a good chance they might stock it. That alternative sure beats paying all the shipping costs, plus you can pick it up a couple of bags at a time. Just a thought.
Graywolf
Old 01-21-2010, 11:30 PM
Miles togo before I sleep

Sorry to hear about your trouble.
I've used Walton a lot over the years for everything from a dozen pallets of grains to a couple of buckets. I always have had good luck with them... now I also stay on top of them about when my order will be out just so it doesn't "slip through the crack".
Old 01-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 12,394 Times in 4,605 Posts

We have a fairly large whole food coop that orders from Walton once a year. Last year we ordered enough to fill up the entire semi. So naturally we got great service.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,487 Times in 636 Posts

I've read on a lot of forums about how great Waltons is. I ordered several cases of #10 cans from them and recieved a bunch of dented/crushed on the top cans. They were clearly in that condition when they were sent, as the plastic lids and the boxes showed no damage at all. All my emails were ignored, and they wouldn't answere the phone. It wasn't a whole lot of money, but I was highly offended and I still get angry when ever I see their name. I'll never order from them again, that's for sure.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Default Walton Feed

Hi,

I order most of my bulk foods from Azure Standard. They are based in OR but have routes all the way to the mid west. I only had one order that was wrong. I received flour instead of grain. They credited me for the cost of the grain and let me keep the flour. I've always had great service from them.

Ozza
Old 01-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 99,692 Times in 32,466 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Truck pickup is a double edged sword. While it can save big money on shipping, it can also be VERY inconvenient. They have to fit the orders on that can fit, and if there's no truck heading that way then there's no truck. That's not really Walton's fault. If you lived somewhere like Utah, you probably would have had your order in a week or two.

I'm in the same boat. When I made my largest order, I asked them about the truck and they almost never get enough pickup orders to send one here. The closest location that gets them would be 300 miles away. I opted for hundredweight shipping because I really had no other choice for my area.

I've never had a problem with Walton and I've ordered from them several times. A couple large orders and several smaller "refill" orders.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post: