Atactical A1 Flashlight Review - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ThruNite C2 Mini 3400 Charger Review kev Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 12-27-2016 11:08 AM
Thrunite Ti3 EDC Flashlight Review AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 12-13-2016 07:30 PM
Article - Thrunite TN4A flashlight review kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 5 10-27-2016 08:22 AM
Suggestions on how to improve flashlight review videos kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 17 10-20-2016 12:36 PM

Old 01-31-2017, 10:33 AM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 36,181 Times in 7,283 Posts
Default Atactical A1 Flashlight Review

Advertise Here

A company by the name of Atactical contacted me and asked if I would like to do a review of their flashlight, the A1. I went to amazon and looked at the flashlight. The current price if $19.99.

Website - http://atactical.com/

I sent the company back an email saying sure, I would love to review the flashlight. I was also kind of optimistic, was this going to be your typical cheap flashlight? How good could a $20 flashlight be?

I am going to do a follow up video. Some footage was left out so the video would not be too long.

Rechargeable Battery

This is the first time I have seen a flashlight that charges directly from the power source. The battery has a micro-USB plug built in. Plug in a usb cable to the battery and it charges.

There is no extra stand to set the flashlight in. There are no special cables or plugs. Just your standard micro-USB plug.

Features

Strobe (550 lumens /4 hrs)
Turbo (550 lumens/3.3 hrs)
High (200 lumens /5.5 hrs)
Medium (63 lumens /19 hrs)
Low (10 lumens /5.5 days)
AL T6061-T6 body
Flat sides in the body just behind the bezel, keeps the flashlight from rolling
Ships with a 2600 mah / 3.7v / 9.6Wh battery
Lanyard holes - does not ship with a lanyard
5 3/8 long
1 inch in diameter

This is not a tactical type strobe as it does not flash fast. It is more like one strobe every quarter or half second.

Test

The Atactical A1 was frozen, submerged in water for 24 hours, used to drive 12 penny nails, ran over with a tractor, dropped and it kept on working.

Only complaint

My only complaint about the Atactical A1, is the on/off switch is protrudes from the body about 1/16 inch.

While walking around the field at night I could barely feel the on/off switch.

The solution I came up with is to leave the belt clip on the light, even if you do not use it, and point the belt clip to the on/off switch.

Attached Thumbnails
Atactical-A1-flashlight-review-131921.JPG  

If you have a question about the forum, please post it in this section.
General questions sent through private messages will be ignored.

Last edited by kev; 02-08-2017 at 12:21 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kev For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 10:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,855 Times in 3,186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev View Post
This is the first time I have seen a flashlight that charges directly from the power source. The battery has a micro-USB plug built in. Plug in a usb cable to the battery and it charges. .

Good review.

We keep "somewhat" similar rechargeable flashlights continuously plugged in most of the rooms in our home, garage & shop. In particular, in the bedrooms next the headboards or nightstands. That way they are always within easy reach at night & fully charged.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Forum Administrator

Thanked 36,181 Times in 7,283 Posts

Followup video has been added to opening post. The video has pictures of a night test.

My camera does not take nighttime video very well, so I took some pictures and added it to the video.

If you have a question about the forum, please post it in this section.
General questions sent through private messages will be ignored.