Survivalist Forum banner
4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kev 
#1 · (Edited)
A company by the name of Atactical contacted me and asked if I would like to do a review of their flashlight, the A1. I went to amazon and looked at the flashlight. The current price if $19.99.

Website - http://atactical.com/

I sent the company back an email saying sure, I would love to review the flashlight. I was also kind of optimistic, was this going to be your typical cheap flashlight? How good could a $20 flashlight be?

I am going to do a follow up video. Some footage was left out so the video would not be too long.

Rechargeable Battery

This is the first time I have seen a flashlight that charges directly from the power source. The battery has a micro-USB plug built in. Plug in a usb cable to the battery and it charges.

There is no extra stand to set the flashlight in. There are no special cables or plugs. Just your standard micro-USB plug.

Features

Strobe (550 lumens /4 hrs)
Turbo (550 lumens/3.3 hrs)
High (200 lumens /5.5 hrs)
Medium (63 lumens /19 hrs)
Low (10 lumens /5.5 days)
AL T6061-T6 body
Flat sides in the body just behind the bezel, keeps the flashlight from rolling
Ships with a 2600 mah / 3.7v / 9.6Wh battery
Lanyard holes - does not ship with a lanyard
5 3/8 long
1 inch in diameter

This is not a tactical type strobe as it does not flash fast. It is more like one strobe every quarter or half second.

Test

The Atactical A1 was frozen, submerged in water for 24 hours, used to drive 12 penny nails, ran over with a tractor, dropped and it kept on working.

Only complaint

My only complaint about the Atactical A1, is the on/off switch is protrudes from the body about 1/16 inch.

While walking around the field at night I could barely feel the on/off switch.

The solution I came up with is to leave the belt clip on the light, even if you do not use it, and point the belt clip to the on/off switch.

Attachments

See less See more
2 1
#2 ·
This is the first time I have seen a flashlight that charges directly from the power source. The battery has a micro-USB plug built in. Plug in a usb cable to the battery and it charges. .

Good review.
..:thumb:

We keep "somewhat" similar rechargeable flashlights continuously plugged in most of the rooms in our home, garage & shop. In particular, in the bedrooms next the headboards or nightstands. That way they are always within easy reach at night & fully charged.

Reactions: kev
#3 ·
Followup video has been added to opening post. The video has pictures of a night test.

My camera does not take nighttime video very well, so I took some pictures and added it to the video.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.