Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Health, Fitness and First Aid
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 07-26-2009, 11:56 PM
This is a great survival forum

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonsmoker View Post
Goggle Amoxicillin. You will find that the normal adult dose is 250mg. You will also find out that Amoxicillin is Amoxicillin. Then go to a Pet Supply Store and order Fish Mox (manufactured by Thomas Laboratories). A 100 Capsule bottle (250mg per capsule) is $18. Best not to tell them it's for human use.

Salmonsmoker
You missed one very important thing about fish antibiotics. The pills are made to disolve quickly in water,they have no enteric coating. Most of the antibiotics,if not all, will be destroyed in your stomach acids. You need to coat the pills with wax so they will make it to your small intestines.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:02 AM
Non Multa Sed Multum

I have given this some thought...Mexico is a good option, if you are close enough to get there and back. Be careful...bringing back too much can cost you more than you bargain for if caught. Cipro is the best, then down the line to Cephalaxin (Kelflex) and AMocicillin (penicillin derivative). It amy be worth the effort to also focus on the classics such as Sulfa drugs and other types as well to have on hand. Given time, the strength of the original medicines will decline, but that is just a forewarning to stockpile them as high as your ammo. Given SHTF may cause a shut down of the USA, life will continue in other places such as China and parts of Europe. That being said, it may be 5+ years from Meltdown before trade is readily re-established sufficiently for medications to reach back to most areas of USA.

If you make the trip south, plan on multiple visits over the border to get back with enough to do yourself any good. There can be a pretty penny involved as well, so you might want to connect with others to make the trip worth while.

Good Luck and do not forget to also invest your time in reviewing some Pioneer-era literature on medicinal Herbs, roots and other tips on how they managed 150 years ago (Civil War I).
Old 07-27-2009, 01:24 AM
too many conspiracies...

I can vouch for cipro, too. My brother went to Morocco for a study abroad program, and his doctor prescribed him some of that, just in case (they have horrible water). Anyways, I guess he ate some fruit that his immune system couldn't handle and came down with the runs. Without that cipro, he would have been miserable the rest of the trip.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Wanderer

Thanked 1,590 Times in 133 Posts

<http://hubpages.com/hub/Save-Lives-and-Make-Money-With-Home-Grown-Penicillin>

Home-grow penicillin
Old 08-05-2009, 06:14 PM

You can get all of the fish meds like Amoxicillin, Cephalexin, Metronidazole and Tetracycline at Amazon.com. During a SHTF event, I would rather have this than anything else.

I spoke to my doctor and he gave me very limited scripts on antibiotics. Can't really blame him.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM

Sorry, I read the replies and found answer to my own question. Thanks anyways.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:24 AM

Default Hello

Yeah honey and sugar are good antibiotics but still we need some more,,,,

Drug rehab
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 PM

I ordered a 100 pill bottle of "fish mox forte." They are 500mg of amoxicillin, labeled Westward 939. They are human grade medications. The expiration date for mine is May of 2012.

Here is a link to the description of the pill. http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...fo.cfm?id=7204

It's definately made for humans and doesn't need to be coated in wax or anything else to make it work.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:41 AM
"Dolt"

Thanked 3,208 Times in 1,204 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Firearms Post 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texarcana View Post
This may very well be a wives' tale.
Not quiet so. The older "cyclines" would infact become toxic with time. This has changed with how its currently made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonsmoker View Post
The problem with livestock or Vetrinarian supplys is that they are usually in a bulk form so you will need a scales capable of measuring in mg's and will need to do some research as to the dosage to use.
Negative. Vet meds are the same as human meds. They come from the same manufacturers. Just sent on two different paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
You missed one very important thing about fish antibiotics. The pills are made to disolve quickly in water,they have no enteric coating. Most of the antibiotics,if not all, will be destroyed in your stomach acids. You need to coat the pills with wax so they will make it to your small intestines.
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildeWolff View Post
<http://hubpages.com/hub/Save-Lives-and-Make-Money-With-Home-Grown-Penicillin>

Home-grow penicillin
Good luck with that. Seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
I ordered a 100 pill bottle of "fish mox forte." They are 500mg of amoxicillin, labeled Westward 939. They are human grade medications. The expiration date for mine is May of 2012.

Here is a link to the description of the pill. http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...fo.cfm?id=7204

It's definately made for humans and doesn't need to be coated in wax or anything else to make it work.
This.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocYoung For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2009, 04:07 PM

Default Meds Vet and others Some Final Thoughts.

Hello My Brothers, Hey I dont want to harp on a settled subject but if I might interject that the same lab that made the anti-biotic that your dr prescribed to you also made that for the vet use as well its all USP graded. This is true of all drug manufacture in the US, Can, Mex, and the EU. Its a huge friggin scam.
On a more solid note here Most Vet Meds are made for injection Please Please Please if your patient is awake make them take it by mouth. If there is an allergic reaction to the antibiotic and it was given intravenously you have just killed them. Anaphylatic shock is a rapid onset and a terrible way to die. I know of no vet supply that stocks epi-pens and that is just a pause in its progression.
You might be able to live with yourself for shooting someone who is illegally occupying our soil and sleep well that night, However if you just killed your friend or worse your child by mistake it would ruin Christmas.

If at last resort you have no other options any injection given in the field is a last resort measure PLEASE ONLY DO SUB_Q INJECTIONS. This greatly reduces chances of mistakes and the patient still is getting a boost to his system.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,427 Times in 2,790 Posts

Any of the onion family is antibacterial and antibiotic, Garlic being the strongest. A US Practice nurse told me that if you cant take the chunks of garlic, squash them up and put a bit in some hot water (like you would a tea) and then just sip the water.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:48 PM

I have orderd fish biotics off of Ebay for over a year now successfully and used them on myself and family members with no problems.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:53 PM

I have orderd fish biotics off of Ebay for over a year now successfully and used them on myself and family members with no problems. I always make sure it says Pharmacuetical grade in the listing before I order.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Vampire Slayer

Thanked 9,623 Times in 3,584 Posts

There are companies that buy expired drugs. Some of these end up in third world countries. Drugs can lose their effectiveness over time and if improperly stored but they don't suddenly become useless or toxic on their expiration date.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Terror for Terror

www.alldaychemist.com

what you do with this site is up to you.... i have used it three times and have always gotten what i ordered. make sure that you order 3-6 months supply as the shipping is 25 dollars. And for the love of all that is holy make sure you know what you are ordering.

EDIT. The drugs come from India through Canada so they can get hung up a few days coming through customs so make sure you order the meds Before you get sick last time it took 18 days for the meds to show up here. FWIW I will say it again make sure you know what you are ordering. I was a Medic in the army for 4 years and i still need to look up some of the generic names for medications.

Last edited by docdredd; 09-03-2009 at 07:13 PM..
Old 09-03-2009, 06:58 PM

To look them up on Ebay you have to look them up by their Aqua sales same:
I think you'll be amazed at the prices.
Aquafish Ciprofloxacin Antibiotic 250mg 100 Tablets
Fish Mox Forte Amoxicillin Antibiotic 500mg
Fish Flex Forte Cephalexin Antibiotic 500mg
Fish Cycline Forte Tetracycline 500mg
Aquafish Erythromycin Antibiotic 250mg 100
Fish Pen Forte Penicillin Antibiotic 500mg 100 Tablets
Fish Sulfa Forte Sulfamethoxazole Trimethoprim 60 Tabs
Fish Zole Metronidazole Antibiotic 250mg 100 Tablets
Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment (Antibiotic eye ointment)
Zymox Otic with 1% Hydrocortizone (Antibiotic ear drops)
***The Last two are exactly the same that you get from your regular pharmacist. They come in the same tubing/bottle, label and packaging etc.***

Hopes this helps folks. I don't have insurance and it has helped me immensely. It has gotten me through many tough scrapes. Whenever I have any extra cash I always order a few extra meds just so I have them on hand in case of a crisis and they have always been a Godsend.

PS My orders have never been expired or ever near ther expiration date. I always check first. If it doesn't state the expiration date in the posting I email the seller and ask them before ordering. Plus I always make sure they are pharmaceutical grade.

Last edited by debinlcfl; 09-03-2009 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Want to add some extra advice
The Following User Says Thank You to debinlcfl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmachine View Post
What type of wax and how do you wax coat the pills?
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM

I was able to get some cipro on the net.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvhunter View Post
What type of wax and how do you wax coat the pills?
No need to coat them with anything. The fish antibiotics are USP pharmaceutical grade, so they are fit for human use. As a matter of fact, they are the same pills you would get from a pharmacist. See my post 28 on the amoxicillin that I bought.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Survivor

I would never suggest going online to InHouse Pharmacy to get safe, real anti-biotics sent to your home. That would violate FDA rules. We all love the efficient, fair, friendly Feds, right?