Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 06-27-2009, 05:38 PM
The Over 40 Club

Thanked 1,450 Times in 667 Posts
Default Would The United States Military Turn Against Their Own Citizens

Advertise Here

If the SHTF situation turns into civil unrest or worst yet civil war.

Do you think that the United States Military would turn against their own friends , family's and general populace ?

As we are seeing the military do in Iran to its own people.

I realize that we are only fodder to the elite ruling class politician, but we are the family's of the men and women who serve in our military's.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:47 PM
3 more years of this?

Thanked 2,389 Times in 956 Posts

The problem is most Americans are armed in some form and the military could contain major metros but rural areas I beleive would be harder to deal with. The second issue is with foreign countries taking advantage of a civil uprising in America.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wchancey View Post

Do you think that the United States Military would turn against their own friends , family's and general populace ?

I realize that we are only fodder to the elite ruling class politician, but we are the family's of the men and women who serve in our military's.
I believe (based on nothing but gut instinct) that a portion of them would turn on us...some wouldn't. There's a difference in lifestyles, expectations and dreams of what our nation is between here and Iran and it would make a difference on how each individual soldier reacted given the situation. Unfortunately, I think the percentage of those that would (60-75%) would far out-weigh those that wouldn't and there would be internal strife, purges and drum-head courts that would drastically reduce any popular support "the people" would get from the military. Of course, that's all dependent on the situation at the time and what caused any given popular uprising.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveyDoes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 PM
Prepared

I think that in the event Pres BO thinks we need troops to control the populace, most of our boys will be overseas. The soldiers we see would be wearing blue helmets or the uniform of whatever nut job BO is best buddies with at the time.
IMO, the second the goverment turns loose soldiers to quell civil unrest (no matter their origin) even the Libs will admit the second civil war is in full swing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redhorse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Never Give up

Thanked 12,232 Times in 3,955 Posts
Default There just like us

Some will defend the constitution some will fallow anybody that will give them some power. Just think just like your neighbors some are good people some no more then scum. Its just human nature. Also think alot of those wana bees will get offerd more then they have now and they will jump at it for the power. Its just life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rascals For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 07:58 PM
lost in the woods

Of course some will turn against the people. I live in a military town and am friends with alot of soldiers. all of the ones I know and every single one I have ever spoke to would not patroll american streets against the people. But I hope the ones that do have some real american values.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soco For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:

Obama is the "Commander in Chief" and he has turned against Americans without blinking an eye. As the Commander in Chief he has power over generals (many of whom have been hand picked by a corrupt government.) Look at Colin Powell. He went from a respectable, conservative, and sensible man to an Obama yes-man in two shakes of a lamb's tail. These men enjoy their positions, their prestige, their income, and their power. They control those under them. When a soldier disobeys orders he's subject to disciplinary action. So, I think it is safe to say that a large percentage of the military would fire upon American citizens if they were ordered to do so. The Chinese military men fired upon their kin! Russian soldiers have done the same to their national brothers as well.

That being said, I respect those men who fought and died to protect our freedoms. I believe that many such men still exist in the military today. I believe that there is a large percentage of these men who despise Obama and his un-Constitutional and anti-American policies as much as any intelligent American does. Many understand the term "enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. I believe that we can bank on the fact that many would NOT fire upon Americans and might even be willing to turn their guns on those who would.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 08:08 PM
I LOVED THIS F0RUM!

Thanked 32,928 Times in 12,710 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhorse View Post
I think that in the event Pres BO thinks we need troops to control the populace, most of our boys will be overseas. The soldiers we see would be wearing blue helmets or the uniform of whatever nut job BO is best buddies with at the time.
IMO, the second the goverment turns loose soldiers to quell civil unrest (no matter their origin) even the Libs will admit the second civil war is in full swing.
Good point. Since Obama and his global buddies are moving us toward a one world government, we're sure to see our guys sent overseas to police foreign countries and foreign troops coming here to police ours. That makes perfect sense. I would have trouble firing upon our own guys but I would have no trouble firing upon a foreign army invading our shores.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Hiker

I'm sure you will run across Military as well as local Law Enforcement following orders but I think this will be a small percentage. The whole reason behind Obama looking for a citizen army is to combat this situation. These people will be used to police the police.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:26 PM

i think we'd see the powers that be move troops to patrol in different states than their based. it would make sense to send them to a location where the wouldn't be rounding up THEIR friends and neighbors, just "strangers".
if that makes any sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to hidden77 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 08:34 PM

I think it would depend on what kind of spin they could put on it and how much the military swallowed it. If they could portray you as crazy, anti american, anti government, yep they would stand against you in a minute. The propaganda machine is essential to their success of controlling the military... look at germany during wwII.

Also depends on what they have done with legislation to the military (which they hosed them on the recent medical bill). If the moral of the troops is negative twards government that could have an effect too.
Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Some would- give enough men a legal gun and a few will let it go to their heads- but the rest would not. From what I know of our local military base, they run a pretty tight ship when it comes to who does what and how it's done. There's a lot of conservatives in the chain of command who would happily choose the welfare of their families over the word of a distant superior.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Scarred for life...

Thanked 5,201 Times in 1,564 Posts

Quote:

If you are trying to make yourself feel a little better about it, don't.

US troops by and large will follow orders, just like the soldiers of every other country when their government called upon them.

They will round you up, shoot you if you run, and do every other thing they are asked to do, simply because by then you will have been dehumanized as an extremist hell bent on destruction.

This question was asked of a Major in the Marine Corps and he answered that Marines follow orders.

When that order comes down they will shoot you and not even lose any sleep over it.
The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy123 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Allergic to Bull****

Thanked 14,834 Times in 5,288 Posts

Yes they would and no they wouldn't.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
A Time To Serv and a Time

I don'tthink it our troops we have to worry about.... Now if you take a look at how the UN thinks of us then that should answer your question. If O has his way our troops will be way out of reach to even think of helping their own friends and famlies.
The Following User Says Thank You to ArmyMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:27 PM
L E Firearms Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
I'm sure you will run across Military as well as local Law Enforcement following orders but I think this will be a small percentage. The whole reason behind Obama looking for a citizen army is to combat this situation. These people will be used to police the police.
We are all watching Osama Obama, and I think that he would get the U.N. troops and his "Black Shirts" to pull that kind of B.S.
If he attempts that, there will be a Civil War and that's why he wants us all disarmed so bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to knight3218 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2009, 11:42 PM
This is a great survival forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPatRiot View Post
I think it would depend on what kind of spin they could put on it and how much the military swallowed it. If they could portray you as crazy, anti american, anti government, yep they would stand against you in a minute. The propaganda machine is essential to their success of controlling the military... look at germany during wwII.

Also depends on what they have done with legislation to the military (which they hosed them on the recent medical bill). If the moral of the troops is negative twards government that could have an effect too.
Even some of the ones who wouldn't otherwise fire on Americans might do so,...if they are, for instance, placed in a bad situation,...wherein their presence is despised,.....and tensions fomented (by others),...creating a simmering hostility,...if cornered,...by what might be legitimately angered citizens,....even the best of 'em will defend themselves. That's the rub,....that's how it would go down most likely. It's a sticky situation in the best of scenarios.

I know i would be angered if I were subjected to burdensome check-points,..which are actually billed as security measures for me and my family. It wouldn't take long for tensions to boil. "They" know this.

It's like putting two prisoners in the same cell,...a situation which the corrupt jailers know will cause a fight in short order...
Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight3218 View Post
We are all watching Osama Obama, and I think that he would get the U.N. troops and his "Black Shirts" to pull that kind of B.S.
If he attempts that, there will be a Civil War and that's why he wants us all disarmed so bad.
LOL! Something we agree on, Knight.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMan View Post
I don'tthink it our troops we have to worry about.... Now if you take a look at how the UN thinks of us then that should answer your question. If O has his way our troops will be way out of reach to even think of helping their own friends and famlies.
Agreed. Deployment of outsiders "to help the US "recover" from **fill in the blank** is necessary".

Along with that comes the accompanying mindset of Force Protection for the blue helmets. It's been done everywhere else - Our turn might be coming.

This country is under a protracted & calculated attack in my opinion. I don't intend to "battle the government" and I'm no Militia member - everything I do is simply to be in a better position to protect my family during any potential upheaval. If not me,....who?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 PM

do not forget the blackdog group that guards vips in iraq. they now have 12 bases in the us and most of them all across the south and all payed by bo and the boys of corp.