Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Disaster Preparedness General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here

Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 25,009 Times in 7,888 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1
Default But You Can't Eat Gold Or Silver...

Advertise Here

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
What about this, all you naysayers?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Cosmic Guardian

I wouldn't trust G4T as far as I could throw him.

Gold is going to be confiscated soon than you all think and then way? Better have to five years worth of food, ammo and other supplies than gold.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:07 PM
huh......what?

Thanked 32,825 Times in 8,080 Posts

When I read the title, I thought, "OH NO, not you,too,temu !!" I apologize for ever having doubted you !! Nice post,bro.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MIL-DOT For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
The Original Darkside

Thanked 12,999 Times in 5,814 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 

Remember that California's ecomomy is in the gutter, so actually I wouldn't be surprised if they are really doing this some places in CA.

As for me...

What Silver officer?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL-DOT View Post
When I read the title, I thought, "OH NO, not you,too,temu !!" I apologize for ever having doubted you !! Nice post,bro.
LMAO! No, not me MD! If you got all your preps and a BOL in order, preserve the rest of the paper with something REAL!

Yeah...I've got like 1/8 ounce of gold and a couple old pre-65 quarters...come and get 'em gov! Let's see where I put those...

Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygypsy View Post
I wouldn't trust G4T as far as I could throw him.

Gold is going to be confiscated soon than you all think and then way? Better have to five years worth of food, ammo and other supplies than gold.
So, what if you already have that and are looking to preserve a bit extra to keep paying all those property tax bills?

Plan for ALL the scenarios possible; have all the bases covered.

PS...do you think G4T made all this up???????
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Wide awake

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,039 Posts

I swear, some of you just don't listen.

Quote:
Gold is going to be confiscated soon than you all think and then way?
Gold confiscation caused the value of gold to double in Stalin's Russia. Does this really need to be posted over and over?

Quote:
Better have to five years worth of food, ammo and other supplies than gold.
Are you suggesting that it is impossible to have BOTH five years worth of "food, ammo and other supplies" AND metals investments?

Some of us were sacrificing and living a humble existence in order to save what we could. I realize that not everyone has had the opportunity to save, and that is quite O.K., but some of us have. If you were one of those who had been both disciplined and fortunate enough to save (and it requires both), and you had perhaps $50,000 in savings, and you had also been preparing for the past ten or so years, how would you invest your savings? Would you preserve it by purchasing $50,000 of nubian goats and chicken feed?

If you opted for the goats, what if the S doesn't HTF until later than you expected, and you need to liquidate your savings for some reason or another? Good luck liquidating $50,000 worth of goats and chicken feed.

Instead, some of us have chosen to prepare by purchasing stores of food, water purification, firearms, and sustainable food (goats, chickens, etc.), and have also diversified into precious metals.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sapper6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Cosmic Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by temu View Post
So, what if you already have that and are looking to preserve a bit extra to keep paying all those property tax bills?

Plan for ALL the scenarios possible; have all the bases covered.

PS...do you think G4T made all this up???????
G4T doesn't always tell the whole truth. I don't doubt that place is accepting your gold as payment however, I'm certain you're not getting FMV for your gold.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Wide awake

Quote:
G4T doesn't always tell the whole truth. I don't doubt that place is accepting your gold as payment however, I'm certain you're not getting FMV for your gold.
Whether or not someone is getting market value is beside the point. The question remains, can you purchase food with gold and silver? When the S Hits TF, what will matter is whether or not you have retained some form of purchasing power.

Last edited by Sapper6; 06-15-2009 at 07:30 PM..
Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
Actually he was paying FMV. You wouldn't know that though as you didn't watch the video. Until you actually watch it, maybe you should shut up?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Cosmic Guardian

it's not impossible to have both but you have to consider if people are asking about it now, they are likely not prepared fro what is coming.

gold from what I hear, will become illegal to own and then what good does it do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper6 View Post
I swear, some of you just don't listen.

Gold confiscation caused the value of gold to double in Stalin's Russia.

Do I really need to keep posting that over and over?

Right, because it is impossible to have BOTH five years worth of "food, ammo and other supplies" AND metals.

Some of us were sacrificing and living a humble existence in order to save what we could. I realize that not everyone has had the opportunity to save, and that is quite O.K., but some of us have. If you were one of those who had been both disciplined and fortunate enough to save (and it requires both), and you had perhaps $50,000 in savings, and you had also been preparing for the past ten or so years, how would you invest your savings? Would you preserve it by purchasing $50,000 of nubian goats and chicken feed?

If you opted for the goats, what if the S doesn't HTF until later than you expected, and you need to liquidate your savings for some reason or another? Good luck liquidating $50,000 worth of goats and chicken feed.

Instead, some of us have chosen to prepare by purchasing stores of food, water purification, firearms, and sustainable food (goats, chickens, etc.), and have also diversified into precious metals.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Cosmic Guardian

argue all you want. G4T is not an honest person. He somebody that has been proven to be part of illegal money rings and other scams.

Gold is going to be illegal within three years and then what are you going to do?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 

Quote:
argue all you want. G4T is not an honest person. He somebody that has been proven to be part of illegal money rings and other scams.

Gold is going to be illegal within three years and then what are you going to do?
Crap...no comment. I'm out of troll food.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Blood Donor

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,083 Posts

Something about buying junk from a mini-mart with silver or gold just doesn't sound right to me. I mean if I'm gonna stockplie gold and silver, it's for the long term, and I hope it would never get to the point where I'd have to trade off gold or silver to eat junk food from a mini-mart.

My plan is simple, just buy stuff you normaly would use, and hopefully you'll have everything you need, in the event hyper-inflation grabs hold and jacks up all the prices. All of a sudden that $20 shovel may be worth $100.00.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Wide awake

Quote:
gold from what I hear, will become illegal to own and then what good does it do you?
Did you read my first response?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Wide awake

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
My plan is simple, just buy stuff you normaly would use, and hopefully you'll have everything you need, in the event hyper-inflation grabs hold and jacks up all the prices. All of a sudden that $20 shovel may be worth $100.00.
I won't disagree with you in the sense that all tangibles have the potential to behave the similarly, whether a shovel or a silver coin (barring the unique intrinsic value of precious metals). However, it sounds like you don't have much savings to protect. If you had a sizable bank account and saw the potential for hyper-inflation, I doubt you would go out and blow it all on shovels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapper6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Blood Donor

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,083 Posts

It's true I don't have a lot of savings, but I have a lot of "stuff" that I've collected over the years. Some of it would even work for bartering if need be. But I intend to keep my "stuff" as I may need it. For me, having stuff is for my basic survival. No matter what happens, I'll be able to get by somehow. If hyper inflation does hit, all kinds of "stuff" will go up in value, not just gold and silver.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,086 Times in 4,352 Posts

(watches video)

OK. The guy's stated... and restated... and restated yet again... ABSOLUTE ASTONISHMENT that you could spend silver JUST LIKE REAL MONEY... really got on my nerves. He appears to think this is some sort of never before done in the whole history of the human race type of transaction. If so, his knowledge of the past is sadly lacking... A bit less drama would have been better.

And you CAN eat gold and silver, you just have to cut them up into really tiny pieces, first. And not chew. The taste is nothing to write home about, either.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,021 Times in 3,311 Posts

Quote:
So is cocaine.
Seems to trade pretty well.
Not my bag but others do OK.
So you gonna tell people to not buy guns and ammo.....being the same people who think gold will be illegal are usually inclined to say the guns are gone too.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brother Buck For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Wide awake

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
It's true I don't have a lot of savings, but I have a lot of "stuff" that I've collected over the years. Some of it would even work for bartering if need be. But I intend to keep my "stuff" as I may need it. For me, having stuff is for my basic survival. No matter what happens, I'll be able to get by somehow. If hyper inflation does hit, all kinds of "stuff" will go up in value, not just gold and silver.
All very true. My point is just that different people live with different sets of circumstances. Gold and silver have the unique ability to preserve large sums of wealth. To some, there is little need to invest in metals, because they simply don't have many investments to protect. To others, gold and silver provide a unique wealth preservation feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapper6 For This Useful Post: