Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Military Weapons Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here

Old 05-20-2009, 11:42 AM
SEMPER FI

Default Romanian AK-47 - What is it worth? Need some help!

Advertise Here

So I have a guy wanting to trade me a Romanian AK-47, he says it's rare, semi-auto. Has the folding stock and wood front handle grip. Says it's only had 100 rounds shot through it. Can figure oot how to post a picture or else i would, I've been looking everywhere to research this. Can someone give me a rough estimate of what this may be worth. NO idea what model it is. Says romanian on it, has wood hand guards, wood handle, and folding stock.

What I can read on the picture it says.....

ATRAC Arms Knox TN
(something) Romania
1997-6613

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for any help in advance. I just want to make sure i'm not overpaying for it.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2009, 01:03 PM
This is a great survival forum

Its worth what ever you are willing to pay. Without looking at the bolt its hard to actually say how many rounds have been fired. www.classicarms.com is about the cheapest now on a new one, that particular one is 579.00 I do believe.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
11B20 - Status Inactive

Thanked 4,930 Times in 2,345 Posts

Is it maybe INTRAC Arms?

They imported two Romanian type rifles, the MK II and CUR 2. Both of their SN's are 3-xxxx- 97 and both rifles are caliber 5.45x39mm.

And from, http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/model.htm#cur2

A MKII

"A MK 11 is a P.D.B (Produced During assualt weapons Ban) Romanian semi-automatic AK-74 clone, basicly this rifle is a early version of the Romak 2 before being marked as such. This rifle has a thumbhole stock and can accept Hi-capacity magazines. The end of the barrel has nut welded over it, but has no threads under the nut. It uses the standard AK-74 5.45*39 cartridge. The fit and finish of this rifle is average, mainly because some of the receivers have odd cuts and miss aligned front sights. The glaring disadvantage of this rifle is the supply of 5.45*39 in the US because it is not domestically manufactured, and some replacement parts may be hard to obtain. The advantages of this rifle are its reliability, cost, cheap mags, and low recoil. I would avoid this rifle because it's a little over priced, and some have been reported with odd cuts in the receivers, go with a CUR 2 instead."

Both were priced around $450 at a time when WASR-10's were $299, so figure between 700-900 I would say. I would say that it probably is a rare-ish rifle as I have never seen either. Most of the Romanian rifles out there are SAR-1's and WASR-10's with the occasional WASR-2 thrown in the mix.

A CUR2
"A CUR 2 is a P.D.B (Produced During assualt weapons Ban) Romanian semi-automatic AK-74 clone. This rifle has a pistol grip and can accept Hi-capacity magazines. A good number have been reported with the AK-74 style muzzle brake instead of a muzzle nut. It uses the standard AK-74 5.45*39 cartridge. The fit and finish of this rifle is good. The glaring disadvantage of this rifle is the supply of 5.45*39 in the US because it is not domestically manufactured, and some replacement parts may be hard to obtain. The advantages of this rifle are its reliability, cheap mags, cost, and low recoil. This is another great starter AK but may be over priced. NOTE: This rifle is essentaly a MK II, the only diffrense is slightly higher quality and the AK-74 brake."