Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 AM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 11,534 Times in 4,159 Posts
Default Fake red jacket firearms

Advertise Here

I was at the shop tonight and Will gave me this link.

I have handled MANY Red Jacket Saigas...

The ones pictured arn't it.

Wil lcaleld the guy. The guy refuses to change the name and is CLEARLY producing a 'knock off'

Accept no imposters.

(The link should fill in the rest of the details)

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/vie...=815532#815532
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,021 Times in 3,311 Posts

Gotta log in to that forum.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 11,534 Times in 4,159 Posts

Damn. I'm not a member there, the shop computer was logged on.

I'll work on it.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 AM
11B20 - Status Inactive

Thanked 4,930 Times in 2,345 Posts

Fail

Can you post the direct link when you get a chance?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Gauge
Son of a f*** - Counterfeit Red Jackets!

There is a company out there making fake Red Jackets!

I was at the local gun store last night and saw a gun picking up a SAIGA 12 that had been gone over with all the works. By the Galil forearm, HK sights and folding stock, I thought it might be a Red Jacket Zombie Killer. SO I wandered over to the gun picking it up and said “I’m sorry to butt in, but is that a ZK Shotgun?” “Sure is.” He answered, although he didn’t look very happy about it. I looked down at the gun, wondering why, and was shocked at the gun I saw. There was a huge list of issues with the gun, and I didn’t blame the guy for looking upset. “Well, Red Jacket has a hell of a warranty, and he’s always done right by me.” I interjected, hoping to make him feel better about it. “Red who?” he asks. I’m puzzled. “Red Jacket. This is a ZK Shotgun right?” “Yeah…” he says and hands me the page printed out from a website called tac47indstries… which proudly proclaims their ZKM Shotgun – Zombie Killing Machine....

Copyright infringement and trademark theft, I’m thinking. I quickly explained who Red Jacket was and pointed out the fraudulent copy. He also graciously allowed me to take pictures of the rifle for posterity. Not only was it a blatant stolen name/trademark, but it was a poorly built copy as well.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but when you install a shark brake shouldn’t the top port holes be… oh I don’t know… straight?

Some parts possibly missing/some assembly required

Am I wrong or do new guns normally come clean?

The gun also had some light surface rust, although that did thankfully wipe off with a oily patch and some elbow grease. It had some fairly heavy grind marks where they tried to weld the back plate in the receiver and also where the HK sights were put on, but I couldn’t get my camera to take good pics of them. According to their website, they also shorted the guy several things he paid for in upgrades such as custom trigger guard and Galil p-grip.

BUYER BEWARE! These are being sold under the same name as Red Jacket Products, but they do NOT bear the same quality, or the same warranty. They are STILL advertising them on their website!

http://www.tac47industries.com/conte...ac_12_zkm.html

BUYER BEWARE!

"There really is something broken between your ears. You know this, yes?" - Redbear
This is the original post.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:59 AM

Here is the info from user GRP about the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grp

now things get strange

Their address is

Tac 47 Industries
8777 Tallyho Rd.
Houston Tx. 77061
713-264-1135

Well, that address sounded familiar to me so Google is my friend:

Welcome to Armory USA
8777 Tallyho Road
Bldg 1A, Suite 1
Houston, Texas 77061
Office: 713-944-3351
Fax: 713-944-3581
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 AM

Here is the response from Will at Red Jacket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Jacket
yeah , this guy's customer contacted me . Soon as he can get his $$$ back out of him we'll be putting him in a real ZK . I called the Tac dude , told that he was looking for confusion as our high-end Saiga conversion line has been the "ZK" /"Zombie Killer" line since we started doing them and that the model designation was well established with our name . Asked him would he mind coming up with something else . He advised that wasn't going to be happening . I dunno , I'm damn proud of my work/product , I wouldn't want there to be any link between what I do and what somebody else does . After looking at those pic's , I guess I see his point . A little confusion can only help ...
We used to use number designations till someone pointed us at Tony Rumore's site . He'd been there ,doing that , for a while . We came up with the "ZK" thing right here on this Forum with the help of the member's . Been a while . Well , he can keep doing whatever he does , we'll keep doing what we do . Taking care of our customer's [and apparently his too ]
Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 AM

Red Jackets response to the address information.

Quote:
When asked could he come up with a Line name that I hadn't established , he was quick to point out that he shares a building with Global . Not sure what that had to do with the price of bean's , maybe he's going to have his big brother "handle " me.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:02 AM

Response to situation from Cope's Distributing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cope's Dist.
Will Brother, Call me tomorrow, I have all the info you will need If you don't have it already............
Old 05-20-2009, 09:03 AM

Additional statement from Red Jacket about their ZK line of products.

Quote:
Back when we started doing the ZK line , which is basicly welding on HK sight's and jazzing up the furniture , I had never seen anything like that . It came about with me by having a ****ed up Todd Baily MP5K clone that I got tired of working on and hacked into pieces one night . Conversation was "shame you can't have the sight's and "feel" of a HK but with the "works right" of an AK " . A day with a grinder and a mig and there she was . First "ZK" was a .223 that we sent up to Templar to check out , see if he thought we were onto something . Then we found out Tromix had been doing them , yakked with Tony , all's well , wasn't long before he was sending us his overflow . Then about a year ago , it seems like everybody that can outsmart a mig start's doing them . Well , OK , that's all good to . [Although I've had more then my share of Short barrel's sent to me that had been built by guy's who thought it was as easy as the picture makes it look .] Hell , folks can shop were they want , my only issue with this is , "Why would you even want to use a signiture line after it's been pointed out to you that it was in established usage?" I'd be embarrassed .