Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion > Rifle Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 04-26-2009, 08:56 PM
SquiddusMaximus (Retired)

Thanked 3,098 Times in 1,340 Posts
Default Stevens Savage Model 322-A

Advertise Here

I a buddy of mine just gave me a Stevens/Savage 22 Hornet Model 322-A.

Also has a Weaver KV scope (El Paso, TX). This gun is clean and in good shape and shoots like a tack hammer.

Anyone have one of these?

I shot around 40-50 rounds through it and I have to say I wasn't familiar with the 22 Hornet round but i was impressed. This may be one of my new BO kits.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Deo VIndice

Thanked 4,063 Times in 2,354 Posts

Wow...just up and gave it to you? I just priced them on GA & GB...now THATS A FREIND!
The Following User Says Thank You to dayliterun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2009, 09:17 PM

He's not doing well. We grew up together and up at his cabin (has a niiiice indoor shooting bench with a 200 yd lane cut through the trees) this past week he wasn't sure if he was going to make there again, looked at me and said "You're like me, I know you won't sell this as it's from a friend" and handed it to me. He's right, I'll keep it until I die.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:23 PM

Some pics....

Pretty much from what I can gather is that this model was made between 1947 and 1950. The scope is a somewhat rare (older) Weaver USA made scope. Anyone have any insights, experiences or info, I'd really appreciate it.

thanks!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:48 AM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 8,959 Times in 3,315 Posts

Still support for the Weavers...

I talked to the guy sometime within the past year.

Guy bought up all the old supplies/tools. Longtime emploie IIRC.

Don't know where I put his contact info though...

I like/collect old weavers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Thanks. I was looking to get another magazine but it looks like they are pretty hard to find.....
Old 10-27-2010, 12:49 AM

Just cleaned up a 322-A for a friend. It's in fine condition. Looking for a scope mount. Any chance you might know where to find one. This is my first day of research.
The Following User Says Thank You to Creator30 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Hey guys. I have one of these. My grandfather gave it to me about 35 years ago when his eyesight started going bad and he couldn't hunt any more. It was his favorite groundhog gun here in Ohio. Like anchorbanger, I've been looking for magazines for it. I had two but the spring broke on one of them. Mine also has a Weaver scope, a 4G. The mount for it is mounted to the gun with four tapped holes in the side of the gun. I'd like to get a better scope for it because the gun will outshoot the scope that's on it. I love this gun but don't shoot it much since the ammo is getting up there in price ... if you can find it. I'll try to upload a couple of pics. Hope it works, I've never done this before.
The Following User Says Thank You to K9GSD112 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 PM
02/14/11

Don't know much about the 322 Savage, but I do know that Savage has been around for a long time making "inexpensive" but GOOD guns for a long time.(I won't use the word "cheap" in reference to a Savage. It's just not appropriate.) The newest management of Savage has upgraded the look of the basic 110. And they have also come out with some entirely new weapons. The .22 Hornet was created at Springfield armory in the 1920's I think. It was a smokeless powder version of the older Winchester .22 centerfire cartridge. It gave a 40 grain bullet 2800 fps. In Jack O'Connor's words,"it was a ring tailed wonder". The .22 Hornet still has a loyal following(including yours truly). It fills the gap between the .22 mag and the bigger .22 centerfires. Be careful though. The older guns used .223 diameter bullets. Some of the bullet smiths still make the odd size .22 bullet just for old Hornets.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Reuploaded a few pics of a camo project I did on the .22 Stevens I originally got from an old friend.. I decided to do a camo-up project on this as well as one of my Garands (the old one from mis-matched parts..not the GOOD one, lol)

This rifle shoots like a tack-hammer, is easy to maintain and 3 coyotes later hasn't let me down.

Before:

After: