Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Christian Individualist

Default How to spot a drug dealer?

Advertise Here

I am reasonably sure that my upstairs neighbour is a dealer. From a security point of view this is clearly undesirable.

I want to be sure though. Here's what I know:
  • He doesn't go out very often
  • He recieves a lot of visitors at all hours
  • He seems to specifically ask them to break the front door to the apartments rather than push the buzzer, so we've got no secure entry thanks to him
  • These visitors are in and out in under 2 minutes, sometimes carrying surprisingly large packages (we've seen very full looking supermarket bags)
  • His window is open all the time, whenever a car pulls into the street he looks out. When it's me he looks disappointed and goes back inside
  • He stands at his window having noisy conversations over the phone. One I overheard included what sounded like someone introducing themselves, followed by him asking "OK what do you need mate?" and then giving directions to our apartment block
  • During the day there is a pounding noise that recurs, as though he was hammering something.
  • He has appalling hygiene and dumps rubbish all over the apartment complex
  • He clearly doesn't work, has no car and his whole family are scruffy. Yet a massive plasma screen TV is visible in his living room from the street, and from the way they prance about in front of their window they obviously have a Nintendo Wii as well
  • Their visitors come from all social classes, ranging from scruffy workmen to guys in BMWs.

Could it be anything else? Should I report him to someone?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Generic cop comment

Make a phone call on the local number for the police. Just list off what you have posted and ask if there is anything that can be done. If not, keep your eyes open and guard up.
The Following User Says Thank You to rabbit_hmpr For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Patriot

definately suspicious. do what you feel is right...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 14,416 Times in 4,178 Posts

See if he will hook you up.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:17 AM

Being a sketchy character is not illegal and calling the cops due to paranoia is terribly unjust. Who cares what that person does?

The American dream has a backdoor as well, and for some selling drugs is the way in.
The Following User Says Thank You to AffairAtLexington For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Target Shooter

write your goverment and tell them to repeal there archaic drug laws and put him out of business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ratamiss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Opinionated old fart.

Thanked 6,965 Times in 3,324 Posts

Talk to the property management.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Recent Blog:
I'm the boogey man.......

Thanked 8,396 Times in 3,204 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wook View Post
I am reasonably sure that my upstairs neighbour is a dealer. From a security point of view this is clearly undesirable.

I want to be sure though. Here's what I know:
  • He doesn't go out very often
  • He recieves a lot of visitors at all hours
  • He seems to specifically ask them to break the front door to the apartments rather than push the buzzer, so we've got no secure entry thanks to him
  • These visitors are in and out in under 2 minutes, sometimes carrying surprisingly large packages (we've seen very full looking supermarket bags)
  • His window is open all the time, whenever a car pulls into the street he looks out. When it's me he looks disappointed and goes back inside
  • He stands at his window having noisy conversations over the phone. One I overheard included what sounded like someone introducing themselves, followed by him asking "OK what do you need mate?" and then giving directions to our apartment block
  • During the day there is a pounding noise that recurs, as though he was hammering something.
  • He has appalling hygiene and dumps rubbish all over the apartment complex
  • He clearly doesn't work, has no car and his whole family are scruffy. Yet a massive plasma screen TV is visible in his living room from the street, and from the way they prance about in front of their window they obviously have a Nintendo Wii as well
  • Their visitors come from all social classes, ranging from scruffy workmen to guys in BMWs.

Could it be anything else? Should I report him to someone?
Or they wear white coat and work behind the counter at Walgreen's or Rite Aid...
The Following User Says Thank You to kahn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Scarred for life...

Thanked 5,195 Times in 1,563 Posts

My uncle was a drug dealer for most if not all of his adult life.

From knowing him and how he would react to someone like you may I make a few suggestions?

1) DO NOT talk to anyone about what you think. If it gets back to this guy he will come looking for you when the smoke clears. When I was 8 years old my uncle beat a man to the point of death for that. I remember to this day when he handed me his ice cream cone (we were at an ice cream parlor) while he casually walked up to this guy and beat him. I remember him bending his arms over a steel pole until they both snapped, breaking both arms.

2) In addition, MANY TIMES the cops are on the take with people like this, especially if the dealer never seems to get harassed or busted. Just because this guy might be a small time drug dealer, do not think for one second that he cant have a cop on the payroll. With that in mind, if you choose to talk to the police, do it anonymously. My uncle used to pay the local sheriff 500 dollars every week. Doesn't sound like much, but that was 1974 when 500 dollars was two month wages. In return the sheriff did not harass my uncle and would tip him off when he got calls about him. I know this for a fact because I was often made to take the money out to the sheriff.

3) No matter what happens, act like you don't have a clue. If this guy gets busted everyone will want to talk about it and ask questions, and if you seem to know more than average about it that will definitely get back to this guy. You must ask every question and openly wonder what happened because if you dont it might get back that you had something to do with it.

Be careful in whatever you do.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to countryboy123 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Christian Individualist

OK now you've got me worried....

The guys a wee weed half my size, although that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

What I wouldn't give for a 12 gauge now - hope you guys over there appreciate the freedoms you have.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 PM
RH-O Negative

Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffairAtLexington View Post
Being a sketchy character is not illegal and calling the cops due to paranoia is terribly unjust. Who cares what that person does?

The American dream has a backdoor as well, and for some selling drugs is the way in.
I would be extremely concerned about a drug deal gone bad and the shooting that is sure to occur. Even if the bad drug doesn't result in an immediate shooting, it could result in a drive shooting minutes or days later.

The "backdoor way to the American dream" has hundreds of thousands of school kids, some as young as 6 years old, addicted to hard drugs.

Turn that piece of crap in to the police and get a "safe" neighbor in his place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mastersergeant For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:23 PM
RH-O Negative

Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy123 View Post
My uncle was a drug dealer for most if not all of his adult life.

From knowing him and how he would react to someone like you may I make a few suggestions?

1) DO NOT talk to anyone about what you think. If it gets back to this guy he will come looking for you when the smoke clears. When I was 8 years old my uncle beat a man to the point of death for that. I remember to this day when he handed me his ice cream cone (we were at an ice cream parlor) while he casually walked up to this guy and beat him. I remember him bending his arms over a steel pole until they both snapped, breaking both arms.

2) In addition, MANY TIMES the cops are on the take with people like this, especially if the dealer never seems to get harassed or busted. Just because this guy might be a small time drug dealer, do not think for one second that he cant have a cop on the payroll. With that in mind, if you choose to talk to the police, do it anonymously. My uncle used to pay the local sheriff 500 dollars every week. Doesn't sound like much, but that was 1974 when 500 dollars was two month wages. In return the sheriff did not harass my uncle and would tip him off when he got calls about him. I know this for a fact because I was often made to take the money out to the sheriff.

3) No matter what happens, act like you don't have a clue. If this guy gets busted everyone will want to talk about it and ask questions, and if you seem to know more than average about it that will definitely get back to this guy. You must ask every question and openly wonder what happened because if you dont it might get back that you had something to do with it.

Be careful in whatever you do.
Good advice. Most people will run around and tell everyone that they had turned someone in to the police. Not a good thing because people always talk to other people.

It sounds like your Uncle was a very angry man. Attacking someone like that today would be a death sentence in Texas, unless he attacked a liberal that doesn't believe in concealed carry.
The Following User Says Thank You to mastersergeant For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,473 Times in 1,552 Posts

Go speak to him un announced. Tell him that you and several of your neighbors are already tuned in because his friends can't keep their mouths shut in the parking lot. One of the neighbors made a remark to you and you told them nothing is going on but you came to him to tip him early. Your just there to tip him off in case they blew it for him with their loudmouth bragging. Now you have a new friend. The traffic will stop for a bit and you can yank his chain whenever you feel like it, even if its just for your own amusement. We had a guy named john john, and I kept him in a constant state of paranoia. Trust me, this is way more fun than keeping telemarketers on the phone for two hours, or wasting the day posting your conquests on http://www.419eater.com/ There is no shame in playing criminals for sport.

You have the power now, and his fear will make him do anything you say. Just be sure he always sees you as a confederate. You will be surprised how much information you can milk out of him about goings on.

Never, ever let this scum get away without playing them out. They deserve anything you concoct and need to be kept in hyper awareness whenever you choose.

Of course that's just me. You may not have the skill set for psychological warfare. Your mileage may vary.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Hunter

anybody ever come to your door by mistake and what did they say.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Ron Swanson 2016

Thanked 24,607 Times in 12,780 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

You live in Scotland, I'm not sure about the law of the land.

Can you turn him in anonamously. Let the law enforcement officials decide what to do. If it's dangerous, I'd consider moving, wait 2-3 months then turn him in. One less drug dealer is one less dangeous person floating around your neighborhood when SHTF.

Last edited by SgtBooker44; 04-16-2009 at 04:30 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Scarred for life...

Thanked 5,195 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersergeant View Post
It sounds like your Uncle was a very angry man. Attacking someone like that today would be a death sentence in Texas, unless he attacked a liberal that doesn't believe in concealed carry.

My uncle helped raise me.

Besides my mother and grandmother he had the most influence on me growing up. I remember him as the one man who would take the time to do things with me.

I remember when I was in the Boy Scouts, he bought my brother and me those little gravity cars and he spent all day carving them for us and helping us paint them, etc. When he was done he and a friend injected heroin. I remember him telling me that my mother would be by in a little while to pick us up and not to leave the yard, just before he collapsed on the kitchen floor. When my mother got there she checked him to make sure he was breathing and took us home.

He was the kind of man who illicit fear wherever he goes. Half the county was deathly afraid of him but I remember him as the guy who dressed up as Santa for my elementary school... In between classes he was out back smoking a joint but his heart was in the right place....lol

I saw him do some things that you wouldn't believe to other people. Things that Idi Amin or Hitler, if they could see him, would say "Damm man you are pure evil"... I know people who were so afraid of him they moved 2000 miles to get away because they knew what he would do to them if he found them.

I don't consider him to have been an overly angry man or even a mean man because of the memories I have of him. He was good to me and he loved me during a time when nobody else could be bothered to spend time with me.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Don't worry he'll be robbed before you know it.

No smart dealer delivers from his own house.
The Following User Says Thank You to Survivalisticism For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Haha

Thanked 2,116 Times in 1,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalisticism View Post
Don't worry he'll be robbed before you know it.

No smart dealer delivers from his own house.
Yep. Last home dealer I heard about around here finally cought the bad luck and was robbed and killed by potential customers who he made the mistake of letter more into his home than he could fight off.

-Cade
Old 04-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,368 Times in 924 Posts

Well... I had a drug dealer down the street and I happend to drive the same car.. one day after comeing from the gun range i see 4 asian see me and pull out and follow me to my house then I get out and they like O sorry wrong person... I had a 12 gage in my hand while getting out... I knew what they wanted I saw that they had a gun inbetween 2 people in the back when I drove by... so I just happend to take my gun out early... but then they noticed that I wasnt east indian like they guy up the street and they knew they had the wrong person... few weeks latter he came speeding home car full of bullet holes and runs into his house grabs a bag then speeds off in his other car... never came back sold his house few month latter.. Thats the problem with some drug dealers.. doesnt matter that they small time or big time in the wrong area thats someone else turf they going to want to pop them and if you drive the same car as them they might bust down your door thinking it was the person they trying to gets house... dam drug dealers seem to like my street... just to live in the area and blend in they dont have house calls.. but you know what they are upto its in plain sight too..

Most drug dealers like flash.. new cars flashy clothing.. and they like to say friendly stand out but not to much so they can sell there stuff... If people didnt buy it wouldnt be a problem..
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 AM

I have the same problem the lady who lives across the street people in and out all hours of the day, I know she is dealing drugs she offered to sell to me, when I refused I became the bad nieghbor. I have wrestled with same question should I turn her in?, or would it make a difference I don't care what people do in their own homes but she rents the property, section 8 so we the working people get to pay for it. The best part about it is all the trash and junk in her yard and the stuff her friends throw into mine.