Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 04-01-2009, 04:46 PM

Default Dailybread.com: Has anyone tried it?

Advertise Here

I was wondering if anyone has ever used these guys before and if you did how was your experience? the food?

They say there is a 25 year shelf life on their products.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM

I just went to their website: There is no way I'd go thru all that disclosure just to find out their prices. But I can tell you that that Costco 275 meal, 5 gallon bucket is a pretty good deal, bought three, so far. Yes, the meals are kinda soupy and low in calories, and small too, but even at double or triple rations it is worth it.
The Following User Says Thank You to daibutsu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2009, 05:05 PM

That was my line of thinking too. I didn't want to go through all that just to see what they got. Then, you'll be getting harrassed all the time by the salesman. That's why I wanted to know if it was worth it.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 PM

I've never heard of them until now, but A quick google search brings up this and gives a round figure on prices they would cost.

http://studio5.ksl.com/?nid=54&sid=5968121
Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Rhodesia WAS Nice...

Thanked 4,027 Times in 1,753 Posts

You can do this on your own, read what has been posted here, and by others. There many taking advantage of fear to sell "lifetime supply of survival" products at a huge profit. Nothing you can't do yourself, for much less. If you're rich go for it. I'm not. Hope I don't starve to death, the dog will eat me... YMMV.
The Following User Says Thank You to SnakeRanch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM

An ah-ha moment: 5 (virtual!!) bucks says Dailybread.com has also a Mormon proselytizing / missionary mission.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,840 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daibutsu View Post
An ah-ha moment: 5 (virtual!!) bucks says Dailybread.com has also a Mormon proselytizing / missionary mission.
Why would you say that? I've been to there storehouses and loaded up on food for cheap and never got a preach lesson. I'm not mormon, and they didn't care. Everthing I've ever seen by the mormons is them trying to help folks prep. I don't think they would put up a site without prices. I think your statement was ignorant.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwjeff View Post
Why would you say that? I've been to there storehouses and loaded up on food for cheap and never got a preach lesson. I'm not mormon, and they didn't care. Everthing I've ever seen by the mormons is them trying to help folks prep. I don't think they would put up a site without prices. I think your statement was ignorant.
Well, I still stand by my non pejorative assumption: The Church of Latter Day Saints does have a missionary obligation, maybe they don't canvass every neighborhood, they are always in mine. That's refered to as proselytizing.

Incidentally, I've been called ignorant by better people who've mastered our English language and know the difference between their, there, and they're. Besides, where are the prices on that site? Did you look at it? If not, that's pretty ignorant.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daibutsu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I think you are suggesting that the contact information requirements on the site could be there to collect contact info for missionary work. Maybe, but I don't think it's the case. Might be a good excuse to use a fake name and dodgit.com public email address.

For curious onlookers: LDS folk are heavily into preps due, IIRC, to a peculiar theological doctrine that forecasts the S will HTF in America, and the LDS plan on surviving this scenario. I attended an Mormon-led disaster prep fair up the street last month (in their church building) and got zero prosyletization. And I have a very low threshold for irritation with missionary types.

Last edited by fratermus; 04-06-2009 at 04:55 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fratermus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well, I still stand by my non pejorative assumption: The Church of Latter Day Saints does have a missionary obligation, maybe they don't canvass every neighborhood, they are always in mine. That's refered to as proselytizing.

Incidentally, I've been called ignorant by better people who've mastered our English language and know the difference between their, there, and they're. Besides, where are the prices on that site? Did you look at it? If not, that's pretty ignorant.
Your right, in that I used the wrong spelling for their. But that does not mean you were right that it was a mormon run site.

I did look at it, and I saw nothing to say that it was. And even IF it did, Who cares? Do you have something against mormons?

I hope not, since they may be in the best position in the PAW.

If I made any clerical mistakes in this post, please be sure to point them out to me, in a attempt to discredit what I am saying.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwjeff View Post
Your right, in that I used the wrong spelling for their. But that does not mean you were right that it was a mormon run site.
The contact us page shows:

corporate office
Daily Bread Food Storage
1246 W. Flint Meadow Dr. Suite 107
Kaysville, Utah 84037

which may or may not be compelling evidence.

I will not comment on "your right", above. ;-)
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM

My sister is their office manager. There is no connection between the company and the Mormon church. It is obviously a great place for these guys to run their business as so many Mormons are conscious of being prepared. You should all be thrilled that there is this big group of people who are like minded in their thinking of being prepared for an emergency, and will deflect some of the pressure of people coming after YOUR stuff...

My wife has signed up to "sell" their product because so many of our friends out here in NC have been interested in this and this way we can give them the discount on their products. We personally have a lot of the product and it is actually very good quality. If you are interested in getting pricing information or more specifics please feel free to email me directly and I can get you information. Send me a personal message through the site with your information and I would be glad to help out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejplaya For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I love this forum

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejplaya View Post
My sister is their office manager. There is no connection between the company and the Mormon church. It is obviously a great place for these guys to run their business as so many Mormons are conscious of being prepared. You should all be thrilled that there is this big group of people who are like minded in their thinking of being prepared for an emergency, and will deflect some of the pressure of people coming after YOUR stuff...

My wife has signed up to "sell" their product because so many of our friends out here in NC have been interested in this and this way we can give them the discount on their products. We personally have a lot of the product and it is actually very good quality. If you are interested in getting pricing information or more specifics please feel free to email me directly and I can get you information. Send me a personal message through the site with your information and I would be glad to help out.
If this is true somebody owes me 5 (virtual) dollars.

When I first came to this site, one of the things I liked about it, was people didn't jump all over each other for spelling, gramar, and punctuation. It makes it really nice to be able to exchange ideas, and not worry about a error or two. So many forums have folks that like to tear into people, because of a mistake or two. This one has always been different. Oh well, I guess they're in every bunch. Kinda sad, it really takes away from threads.

I'm sure if something is wrong with my statement, you will let me know.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 PM

Yeah, I was just warning people that the hoops one has to "jump thru" to get pricing seemed somewhat suspicious. Swwjeff started the 'ignorant' rant. he's the ******* in the bunch.

Last edited by OLDWarrior64; 04-23-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-08-2009, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the info Ejplaya. The fact that someone is attacking another persons grammar is moronic. Congratulations you went to college. Guess what? Nobody cares.

The point of this thread, and site, is to share and gather information not to belittle one's grammar.

Hey Fratermus. They're in their house over there. I went to college too!
The Following User Says Thank You to oneandonlyme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2009, 08:48 PM
Hiker

It's not like I have a dog in this fight, but if you are going to call someone's statement ignorant, you should double check your spelling. Something about glass houses and throwing rocks comes to mind.

Sharing and opinion that someone is ingorant vs. stating a fact that someone is careless with spell check. I'll take fact over opinion anyday.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Preparing since 1972

Thanked 4,562 Times in 2,164 Posts

I'll stick with MRE's but thank you to all that posted..
Old 04-10-2009, 10:58 AM

If you've got a built up supply of MRE's then that is great. Some of them are fantastic. They don't last 25 years though.

Just so everyone knows, the company that provides the actual product is the same company that provides most of the MRE's to the government.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:03 AM

We ordered food from Daily Bread and found out once we received our food we ordered this company pulled a "bait-and-switch" on us. The sales rep was nice enough but he let us taste a sample that we later learned was made by a company called Mountain House and we loved the food. We spent about $5000 to buy a 6 month supply of food and when we received it about 75% of our food that we received was made by some other company and not Mountain House. The 25% of the food you get from Mountain House comes in #10 cans and the rest comes in pouches that are of pathetic quality. We were never told this would be the way it would come. In fact, the pouches smelled like maple syrup which means they weren't sealed very good. We feel like we have been completely frauded and have told all of our friends and family to stay away from this company.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bahama mama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2009, 11:52 AM

Default Daily Bread food storage

My husband and I are thinking about buying the Daily Bread 3 month supply and we wanted to do some research on it first. That's how I came across this forum. To answer some of the questions or concerns (I know it's a few months later) here are the prices for 2 meals/person/day for a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children):
3 month supply: $1499, 6 month supply: $2899, 12 month supply: $5599
Basically it ends up being a little over $2/serving and the servings are a decent size. They contain all #10 cans from Mountain House and include breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had a sales rep over last night and we tried the free samples which tasted really good. (By the way, the Mormon church was not mentioned once so that was a pretty bad assumption to make.) He would throw in an extra month for a little over a hundred dollars and some pouches as well. I obviously haven't purchased it yet so I can't comment on the claim that it wasn't all Mountain House and not all #10 cans. It's something I'm going to ask about though. Anyway, that's the information for what it's worth. If you are interested there is definitely no harm in having a sales rep come to your house, he's only there for 15-20 minutes. They are salesmen though and want you to buy it right then but they are not pushy if you say you don't want to. They don't offer online sales which is why they don't list prices (as not to confuse anyone). The sales rep also claimed that if you try to call and order directly from the Mountain House web site, it forwards you to the Daily Bread sales rep. I haven't confirmed this though. If you're considering food storage, which I think is very smart, it is a company definitely worth checking out.

Last edited by hlm120; 07-29-2009 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Need to add information