Survivalist Forum banner

“Giveaway: Make Ready to Survive DVD Series”

18K views 142 replies 130 participants last post by  MaterielGeneral 
#1 · (Edited)
Make Ready to Survive is a new instructional video series from Panteao Productions, the creators of the Make Ready with the Experts firearms training videos. Panteao lined up five instructors, each with his own different background and areas of expertise, and filmed the first 13 videos in the new series.

To kick off the new videos, Panteao wanted to do a giveaway here on the forum. The winner of the promotion will receive the first 3 DVDs that were released from the Make Ready to Survive Series: “Essentials of Survival”, “Short Term Prep & Plan”, and “Building a Survival Kit”.

To enter, all you have to do is post in this thread, answering a very simple question:

“What do you feel is your biggest challenge to getting better prepared?”

Only one entry per person. After one week, a winner will be chosen at random from all the entries. The winner will be contacted via private message on the forum so that Panteao can get a shipping address for the DVDs.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·

I'm sure it's different for everyone. My own issue revolves around the the feeling of "so much to do, with what may be so little time" mixed with a sense of finding time to learn what i feel essential skills. And I've been at this for a bit. I'm not panicked.... Just feel overwhelmed sometimes without support.

I know you can find people with those skills, but what if they're not of the same mindset? How do you trust people enough to bring them into your world and act as a brother/sister when the time comes. It takes developing relationships with those folks - while you're trying to do everything else; prep for yourself and family, learn as you can with those preps, garden, work your "9-5", etc.

#21 ·

I think the biggest challenge is changing our mindset. It can be very difficult to think and believe that something terrible can happen. Once you change your mindset it is naturally easier to prepare for the "doom and gloom" we all read about.

#23 ·
Time management. Not knowing what might happen and when so that time to get ready can be managed better. Too much time being lax and not using it properly. Thinking there is enough time to get everything in place. There is something on the horizon and it is just a matter of time until it occurs.

#25 ·
My biggest challenge is that I am a 69 year old female, but I'm in excellent health and as strong as a 40 year old. But, I actually have several big challenges. One is managing to find a little money each month to add something to my preps. I live alone, and only have my social security check as income. I have been steadily working on my preps for quite a while, when I can manage to have a little money left over. Another challenge for me is not having a partner to help with making decisions, someone who has more knowledge about outdoor survival if forced to bug out. I am working on making myself worthy of being accepted into a group despite my age by learning useful important things such as learning about medicinal herbs, outdoor edibles, story telling, childbirth, plus I have been gathering items that would help with teaching children such as kids books, chalk boards and chalk, paper and pencils, crayons. I am also putting together a lot of smaller necessary items for barter such as Tylenol, shoe laces, can openers, small pots, matches, spices, and many other items. I WILL bug out if absolutely necessary but hope I don't have to.

One thing in my favor is that I have participated in many black powder rendezvous over the years with my ex, so I have experience in the outdoors, and can handle a gun well, and WILL if I have to.
Thank you for this opportunity!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.