Dry fire with lasers. Laser Ammo review. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emberlit Fire Ant Tri-Fuel Stove review PSYOP Soldier Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 0 11-17-2014 11:03 AM
Review: Laser Ammo?s Laser PET Electronic Target AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 10-23-2014 05:30 PM
Review: Laser Ammo SureStrike Ultimate LE Edition Laser Trainer AllOutdoor.com AllOutdoor.com 0 08-19-2014 08:00 PM
Sparkie Fire Starter Review Soggybottomboy Reviews and questions 0 02-26-2013 08:34 PM
Laser ID weapons/ammo...what next? solar1 Rifle Forum 7 06-14-2012 09:07 PM
Review: SSAK-47 Bump Fire Stock for the AK Gladius Military Weapons Forum 19 01-02-2012 03:08 PM
Strikeforce Fire Starter Review ComancheSniper Reviews and questions 1 05-13-2011 09:31 PM
Video Review: Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15 Bump Fire Stock for the AR15 Gladius Military Weapons Forum 0 04-09-2011 08:36 PM
Can I store ammo in fire vault? Whats the best fire vault dehumidifier? FloridaState Firearms General Discussion 1 04-13-2010 01:27 PM
Laser Grips and Lasers PistolAccents Pistol and Revolver Forum 0 07-04-2009 05:36 PM

Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Demon of the Midwest

Thanked 9,553 Times in 3,169 Posts
Default Dry fire with lasers. Laser Ammo review.

Advertise Here

https://www.laser-ammo.com/
No, I am not being paid by them, but I do like the product. Do shop around, the kits can be had for cheaper on the webs, mine was from Ebay.

I got the Laser ammo LE kit about a month ago. The LE kit had an appeal to me because for the price I can use it in all my pistols, 9mm, 40, and 45 in the kit. It also comes with the 223 adapters so it can be used in Ar, Galil, Mini 14, and any other 223 weapons. I also separately purchased the 12 gauge adapter.

There are adapters for 38/357 singly, or for the cost of a gun you can get 5 or 6. You can also get 45 Colt, and 44 mag and .308. I don't know if it was intended, but the 9mm does chamber in my 9x18 Makarovs.

Dry fire as many know has a place in shooting, and training regiments. It's like shadow boxing is to a fighter. With this, and the included reflective targets it offers feedback in shot placement.

Just think of the ammo savings here. The first night I received my kit, I used it enough to pay for it in ammo I would have sent down range.

Close up of some adapters.

The adapter for .40, and .45 is a sleeve that fits over the 9mm cartridge, and is snugged in place by the tail cap. The 9mm cartridge gets inserted in to the shotgun adapter, and the cap, is swapped for 223, the other piece shown with the adapter is threaded in to the end of the 9mm housing. The 9mm housing can also be set to constant on for bore sighting.

The cartridge its self seats in the chamber by O rings, and needs to be pushed out of the chamber as there are no extractor rims on the casings for autos. The 223 needs a cleaning rod down the barrel to push out the cartridge, and the 12 gauge is spun in the chamber to reliefs for the extractors, so you do not need to re chamber the adapter every shot.

The set up its self is fun as all hell. There are also programs that can be used with a web cam to record shots on your PC, bit advanced for me. So far over the course of the month, it has only had a break over the one weekend I went out of town. Still kicking, the primer caps are dented, but its to be expected as the firing pin activates the laser.

This is what it looks like when fired(bore sight used)

Normally you get a brief flash on the impact spot. The cards supplied are reflective so they flash considerably brighter than a miss on the wall.

It is also a safe set up. You put the laser in the chamber, so its not like you can rack a live round in say a shotgun with it in place. The pistol has an extension tube,(seen tin the top of the kit) and a cap so you can block the barrel, and show safe with the cartridge in place.

All in all I love this thing, its versatile, and a great way to train a new shooter, or keep your skills honed when unable to hit the range.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinmanIA For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Allergic to Bull****

Thanked 21,667 Times in 7,357 Posts

Seems like this with a trigger reset would be ideal.
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Have gun,will travel

Thanked 7,339 Times in 2,808 Posts

Good write-up Tinman! I've been kicking this around for a while. Dry-fire is great, but dry-fire alone doesn't provide the instant feedback that these laser training devices do.
The Following User Says Thank You to *Paladin* For This Useful Post:

Old 10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Demon of the Midwest

Thanked 9,553 Times in 3,169 Posts

I feel the same way, that's why I decided to just fork over the cash and get it. The other thing I like about this I forgot to mention is you can see if you are pulling the gun off to the side or something as in to much, or to little finger on the trigger the laser will make a line instead of a dot.

As for the Glock and M&P striker fired guns I know Glock has a trigger kit that can be used with this kind of device, not sure about the S&W, but I wouldn't doubt its out there somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to TinmanIA For This Useful Post: