Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 04-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Never compromise.

Thanked 11,736 Times in 3,605 Posts
Default Bundy/NV - Armed Feds prep for a standoff/showdown with rancher over a tortoise?

Advertise Here

Quote:
A Ruby Ridge-style standoff is brewing in Nevada, where dozens of armed federal agents are closing in on cattle rancher Cliven Bundy over claims that Bundy has allowed his cows to graze illegally on government land, endangering a protected species of tortoise.
http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...o-2933646.html

So........tell me. How is the cows grazing hurting the tortoise? *This* very well could be my breaking point. SWAT has no business there. Why can't they work it out, face to face without all the show of force?

Last edited by Mels thinkingitover; 04-12-2014 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: title addition
Old 04-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 10,219 Times in 2,910 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post

So........tell me. How is the cows grazing hurting the tortoise? *This* very well could be my breaking point. SWAT has no business there. Why can't they work it out, face to face without all the show of force?
Because its the fedcoats. They have to keep the serfs in line.

How I feel about it is in this thread.
http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=346579
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Busy infidelin'

Thanked 11,023 Times in 3,976 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

So, proof they are more skeered of environazi's than ranchers huh?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cool Hand For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I love this forum

Lets all repeat the mindless propaganda "LAND OF THE FREE"
Old 04-07-2014, 05:54 PM
This is a great survival forum

Yeah, land of the free, not.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Prepared

It just the latest in the governments war on rural America. As a fellow member of production agriculture; I have long seen the impact of these policies.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to tough times For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:37 PM
Stay Alert, Stay Alive

Thanked 6,087 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote:
Why can't they work it out, face to face without all the show of force?
You know that isnt their style. That one old man will get flashbanged and hog tied at 2am.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to usmc0331 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 19,970 Times in 5,723 Posts

Shooo... you need to come to the beach, where the park rangers close the beach because some birds are nesting, to your kids flying kites and your dog... and patrol armed. Great vacation in the good ole' USA...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
Metaphysical Nihilist

Thanked 4,869 Times in 1,547 Posts

While I am not the biggest fan of eminent domain, as the video states the owner had the land for 150yrs. That said there is a need to conserve declining species even against the wishes of some. The land in dispute is poor grazing land so the matter is entitlement versus gov't taking.

The feds are armed because the rancher feels the need to stand his ground. Without knowing all the facts of the issue it is impossible to know what compensation the rancher was offered.

I may not get much support for my view, but I feel capitalism shouldnt be the death of biodiversity. Most of the conservation efforts usually result in tax breaks for owner cooperation in conservation efforts. Without knowing the details it is hard to point fingers.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wild 1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:49 PM

i hope the man stands his ground.
i wish people would step by the mans side.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 97yota4wd For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 06:58 PM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

If i had the cash and no family, I would drive there well supplied...
Good thing they have done their job, by getting us to work jobs we hate, to make
credits to feed the ones we love, and keep ****ing the american dream...
...But how soon will each and every one of us will be the one left standing our ground
with no reinforcements in sight? we shall all hang separately, i fear.

Last edited by MikeK; 04-08-2014 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: DO NOT bypass the language filter. Reread the site rules for clarification.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Danger Ranger For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Hiker

First lets talk a little about what has been going on here.

1. It wasn't the S.W.A.T. but 'Federal Agent Snipers' for the B.L.M., heck, I didn't even know that the B.L.M. had their own forces of snipers. This is news to me.

2. It is (and has been for long time) a practice of 'Land-Locking' Federal Land by checker-boarding 'Private Land' around such areas, essentially making the 'fenced-in area' much bigger, and it would be considered trespassing for crossing private land to get to the land-locked Public/BLM land. No easement for access. Its very common practice in Wyoming and many other States, including Nevada. This is crazy where BLM land paid for by Tax Dollars is land-locked by private land, in which the public cannot legally access such land. This is the kind land in which the article is about. This is why the B.L.M. is involved.

3. In past years, there has been offers made to land-owners for a 'Land-Swap' to unlock these said lands. Basically saying, "Hey, we [BLM] will swap out this adjacent land to your property by swapping with your private land (in kind), so access can be gained to BLM Land". This is a deal that many ranchers don't want to partake in. They know they what they are doing. Try hunting on public land in which has been land-locked, frustrating as hell. This is the "re-classification of 600,000 acres of federal land". So to me it sounds like this rancher did the deal with the B.L.M. but instead of 'moving' their fence, they decided to keep it where it previously was and then some from the land they got in the swap...making their land much bigger, for grazing purposes, possibly.

4. Okay, so the guy didn't want to pay for the use of the B.L.M. land. So do you want YOUR taxes to let THEM get a free-ride to land BUT that neither You or I have access too without trespassing?

5. Last I heard it sounds like they are not shooting the cattle, its not their fault, they are rounding them up. But they have let the rancher know, hey, you made the deal, you didn't pay for use of Public Land, which may be Land-Locked, by YOUR property/fence-line?

There is lots more to this story than what is being said in that article. I use to believe the articles from the sources mentioned, but now I look at ALL ARTICLES with some level of suspicion.

And if its all a mistake, why not take it to court instead and discuss this legally? Sounds like the first course of action to me before resorting to Snipers.

There is usually 3 sides to a story. Yours, mine and the truth...
Old 04-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Proud "Neo-Confederate"

Thanked 2,906 Times in 1,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild 1 View Post
While I am not the biggest fan of eminent domain, as the video states the owner had the land for 150yrs. That said there is a need to conserve declining species even against the wishes of some. The land in dispute is poor grazing land so the matter is entitlement versus gov't taking.

The feds are armed because the rancher feels the need to stand his ground. Without knowing all the facts of the issue it is impossible to know what compensation the rancher was offered.

I may not get much support for my view, but I feel capitalism shouldnt be the death of biodiversity. Most of the conservation efforts usually result in tax breaks for owner cooperation in conservation efforts. Without knowing the details it is hard to point fingers.

If the government made large corporations play by the same rules then I might agree with you. However when they pollute our air and water, and make their own rules by sending Billions in contributions to get their way. It is obvious that they couldnt care less about the death of "Biodiversity".
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to bearfoot_25 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Metaphysical Nihilist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfoot_25 View Post
If the government made large corporations play by the same rules then I might agree with you. However when they pollute our air and water, and make their own rules by sending Billions in contributions to get their way. It is obvious that they couldnt care less about the death of "Biodiversity".
Unfortunately you are correct in that regards. But it is more the matter of different gov't agencies butting heads. While I was out in WY working last year for the USFS I was privy to the severe conflicts of interest with them and the BLM for use of land types, and they're both forest oriented. I came to this thread because we worked with the range guys and their grazing policy on federal land was very liberal but also enforced.

But more to your point, I too am ashamed that our gov't can be basically bribed into allowing big business pollution and environmental degradation.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wild 1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:17 PM
I'd double tap that.

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,062 Posts

JLW1974, excellent post!

Also, I had no idea that a cow and turtle share the same enviroment. Or are these cows manatees?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LordOpie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,399 Times in 2,773 Posts

Quote:

If the cows aren't eating it, they're probably trampling it. I seriously doubt bringing in gunmen was the first step.

I don't quite get how the public's liberty and freedom is being stood up for by a rancher who is grazing on land he has not been given approval to graze on. There's a big difference between personal use of a public resource, and commercial agricultural use there of. This is not a feudal commons we're talking about.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragonid For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Thirteenther

Thanked 38,561 Times in 9,487 Posts

Ironically, preventing grazing on these arid grasslands in the name of preservation is exactly what is causing them to turn to desert. The ecosystem is dependent on periodic shock-grazing to maintain soil fertility, moisture retention, and cover-clearance for new growth.

The famous Zimbabwean researcher and cattleman Alan Savory has traveled the world for decades teaching his rotational grazing system, and has reclaimed desertified areas and strengthened arid grasslands the world over. Our federal government's complete "hands-off" approach, based entirely on a vision of stewardship that reveres nature to the point of worship, is destroying ecosystems throughout the western half of the country, furthering droughts and turning productive wilds into wastelands unfit even for wildlife habitat.

Ironically, most of these areas were better managed by the Native American tribes who not only inhabited them and gained their entire existence from them, but also maintained a higher carrying capacity for wildlife in the process.

As to the issue of Bundy grazing his cattle for free, the entirety of the lands let by the BLM, plus most of the federal forests and parks and other federal lands, were originally meant to be settled by homesteaders during a period of rapid westward expansion. Those lands not claimed and permanently inhabited were meant to be open to public use until claimed.

Bundy's ancestors enjoyed allemansratten to these lands, in unbroken tradition until present, at the very least. He claims, however, that he has valid claim to the land, and that he and his ancestors have erected improvements on it. If this is true, then his claim is not only valid, barring precedent private claims, but, more importantly, his ownership is unqualified, meaning that his claim is absolute and there is no history of qualification that would subject him to taxes or fees.

If the story were honestly reported by anyone who understands property (as opposed to "real estate"), the story would be reported very differently. It would read that, as more people are coming to understand private property, as opposed to the scam that is fee simple holdership / qualified ownership, the government has decided to crack down on the last few owners of true private property.

I will bet any sum of money at even odds that there is a legal notice in the newspaper of record for the county at the time in which one of his ancestors sought counter-claimants, and none came forward, thus recording his claim. I would imagine that the SB member "jetgraphics" could enlighten us further on the subject.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Metaphysical Nihilist

The man seems to feel that because he has used the land for a claimed 150yrs, it is rightfully his and being taken by the government. There is much more to the story, and it has little to do with the public's freedom.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wild 1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Renaissance Man

Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Ranger View Post
If i had the cash and no family, I would drive there well supplied...
Good thing they have done their job, by getting us to work jobs we hate, to make
credits to feed the ones we love, and keep F-ing the american dream...
...But how soon will each and every one of us will be the one left standing our ground
with no reinforcements in sight? we shall all hang separately, i fear.
I appreciate your passion to help those unjustly treated, but take the time to get some more info. This particular situation may not be as cut and dried as you think.

Az
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to azb For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2014, 11:09 PM
Allergic to Bull****

Thanked 15,336 Times in 5,431 Posts

The extremist environmentalism movement within our government needs to be stopped.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post: